Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-12-2021, 09:19 AM
Registered Member

I'll Say It Again - IT'S OVER!

Just over a month ago, after the SCOTUS denied the TX emergency injunction, I created a post that the election is over and all the remedies have been exhausted.

Since then, there have been crazy conspiracy theories going around about the military, martial law being declared, and a couple of the funniest one's I've read - the Pope was arrested and Nancy Pelosi was arrested at the border trying to flee and is being held in an undisclosed location.

It's over, folks. Stop with the delusion that something is going to happen between now and the 20th to somehow keep Trump in power.

I was happy to see a post from Pastor Tony Suarez on FB today:

Friends,
I have had the pleasure of serving on the Evangelical Advisory Board for the Trump administration for the last four years, afforded to me by the grace of God and the doors that Pastor Sam Rodriguez has opened. I openly campaigned for President Trump and spent most of September through the beginning of the November on the campaign trail when I wasn’t preaching.

This is not the outcome I personally wanted. With that said, I cannot sit back and watch conspiracy after conspiracy be shared and not speak out.

1. The insurrection act was NOT signed.
2. Nancy Pelosi did not try to escape the country nor is she in jail.
3. There are NOT helicopters flying all over the place getting ready for martial law.
4. There will NOT be martial law.
5. President Trump is not hiding in TX.
6. General Flynn is NOT going to be named VP.
7. President Elect Biden is our next president.
8. Whatever other conspiracy is floating around.

🤦🏻 🤷🏻 🤦🏻 🤷🏻

These conspiracies are simply that...conspiracies. There is no truth to them. I don’t blame those asking questions and even sharing the posts/emails, as I believe they do it out of sincere concern for the country but the producers of these emails and videos should not be trusted. I think they should apologize. Nothing they have posted has turned out to be correct.

How many times have you read “something big is going down in 48 hours” and nothing happens?

Think back to a year ago, when covid first infiltrated our country and there were rumors of martial law being spread then. It never happened.

Someone will ask, what makes Tony an expert, couldn’t he be wrong?
OF COURSE I could be wrong but here’s my commitment to you...

If I’m wrong I’ll publicly apologize, I’ll sit myself down from ministry and public involvement for six months for a time of reflection and repentance. To those of you producing fear and anxiety telling fake news, will you agree to do the same when everything you’ve said is proven false? I think it would be proper for you to delete your posts and videos and apologize for spreading fear.

I hope this post will influence/encourage some to unfollow/delete/ignore these messengers of fear and fake news.

Let’s share the message of Jesus. Let’s tell the world there’s still hope, joy and peace because of the one seated on the White Throne.
Old 01-12-2021, 09:41 AM
Registered Member

Re: I'll Say It Again - IT'S OVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post

Friends,
I have had the pleasure of serving on the Evangelical Advisory Board for the Trump administration for the last four years, afforded to me by the grace of God and the doors that Pastor Sam Rodriguez has opened. I openly campaigned for President Trump and spent most of September through the beginning of the November on the campaign trail when I wasn’t preaching.

This is not the outcome I personally wanted. With that said, I cannot sit back and watch conspiracy after conspiracy be shared and not speak out.

3. There are NOT helicopters flying all over the place getting ready for martial law.

���� ���� ���� ����

These conspiracies are simply that...conspiracies. There is no truth to them. I don’t blame those asking questions and even sharing the posts/emails, as I believe they do it out of sincere concern for the country but the producers of these emails and videos should not be trusted. I think they should apologize. Nothing they have posted has turned out to be correct.

How many times have you read “something big is going down in 48 hours” and nothing happens?

Think back to a year ago, when covid first infiltrated our country and there were rumors of martial law being spread then. It never happened.

If I’m wrong I’ll publicly apologize, I’ll sit myself down from ministry and public involvement for six months for a time of reflection and repentance. To those of you producing fear and anxiety telling fake news, will you agree to do the same when everything you’ve said is proven false? I think it would be proper for you to delete your posts and videos and apologize for spreading fear.

I hope this post will influence/encourage some to unfollow/delete/ignore these messengers of fear and fake news.

Let’s share the message of Jesus. Let’s tell the world there’s still hope, joy and peace because of the one seated on the White Throne.
I am on the road to a TON of spiritual introspection because of all of this. And before anyone piles on, please, save it. I'm explaining the road I am on.

The lockdown forced me to seek answers to the Zeitgeist--and by answers I mean a "sense of comfort."

Because I've essentially been "lukewarm" for years, I managed to find YouTube voices, prophecying a sudden win for the US and for freedom.

I'll admit, sometimes I was able to go to sleep, because it seemed like an unlikely voice like Kim Clement had nailed it.

It began to occur to me that there are a TON of "prophets" out there--and the easiest way to put them all out of business was to make them fail--and furthermore to make most of them double down--right up to this moment.

These searches led me to Rabbi's, looking at the Torah "codes," etc.

From there, I discovered "Hebrew Roots," via Michael Rood. The feasts and the Sabbath shone different glow than they ever have.

I have since turned off the news. I'm trying to sort out my own salvation. It's all that matters anymore.

Last edited by Ronnie G; 01-12-2021 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Italics
Old 01-12-2021, 09:59 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Welcome to the forum Ronnie G!
Old 01-12-2021, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

Smile Re: I'll Say It Again - IT'S OVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Welcome to the forum Ronnie G!
Thank you kindly.

Old 01-12-2021, 11:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie G View Post
I am on the road to a TON of spiritual introspection because of all of this. And before anyone piles on, please, save it. I'm explaining the road I am on.

The lockdown forced me to seek answers to the Zeitgeist--and by answers I mean a "sense of comfort."

Because I've essentially been "lukewarm" for years, I managed to find YouTube voices, prophecying a sudden win for the US and for freedom.

I'll admit, sometimes I was able to go to sleep, because it seemed like an unlikely voice like Kim Clement had nailed it.

It began to occur to me that there are a TON of "prophets" out there--and the easiest way to put them all out of business was to make them fail--and furthermore to make most of them double down--right up to this moment.

These searches led me to Rabbi's, looking at the Torah "codes," etc.

From there, I discovered "Hebrew Roots," via Michael Rood. The feasts and the Sabbath shone different glow than they ever have.

I have since turned off the news. I'm trying to sort out my own salvation. It's all that matters anymore.
This post made me depressed. I wish you had found a fresh insight into that better covenant with better promises, centered around Christ than these ambiguous "Hebrew Roots." You are not Hebrew. Types and shadows are just that. It's all in Christ.
Old 01-12-2021, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Just over a month ago, after the SCOTUS denied the TX emergency injunction, I created a post that the election is over and all the remedies have been exhausted.

Since then, there have been crazy conspiracy theories going around about the military, martial law being declared, and a couple of the funniest one's I've read - the Pope was arrested and Nancy Pelosi was arrested at the border trying to flee and is being held in an undisclosed location.

It's over, folks. Stop with the delusion that something is going to happen between now and the 20th to somehow keep Trump in power.

Friends,

���� ���� ���� ����

Anyone who thinks America's only hope for preserving the republic was in Trump will be depressed, I'm sure. But I am energized. The Dems have bitten off more than they can chew. I am concerned, however, at the compromise that will engulf the church when social media cracks down on us. But just think of the power that God unleashes in our midst for boldly declaring that simple message, "Jesus Christ is Lord of all and REIGNS." All the compromisers in the church that would not stand with Trump for being "mean-spirited" will turn on us as well who stand up for truth. Mark them now and break ties with them.

Last edited by Originalist; 01-12-2021 at 12:06 PM.
Old 01-12-2021, 12:04 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Anyone who thinks America's only hope for preserving the republic was in Trump will be depressed, I'm sure. But I am energized. The Dems have bitten off more than they can chew. I am concerned, however, at the compromise that will engulf the church when social media cracks down on us. But just think of the power that God unleashes in our midst for boldly declaring that simple message, "Jesus Christ is Lord of all and REIGNS." all the compromisers in the church that would not stand with Trump for being "mean-spirited" will turn on us as well who stand up for truth. Mark them now and break ties with them.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Anyone who thinks America's only hope for preserving the republic was in Trump will be depressed, I'm sure. But I am energized. The Dems have bitten off more than they can chew. I am concerned, however, at the compromise that will engulf the church when social media cracks down on us. But just think of the power that God unleashes in our midst for boldly declaring that simple message, "Jesus Christ is Lord of all and REIGNS." All the compromisers in the church that would not stand with Trump for being "mean-spirited" will turn on us as well who stand up for truth. Mark them now and break ties with them.
What is the church's mission? If any good can come out of this I hope it is that the church gets back to its original mission and stops getting so involved in politics or so enamored with politicians. Get back to the Great Commission. Get back to prayer and Bible study.

I love what you wrote: "But just think of the power that God unleashes in our midst for boldly declaring that simple message, "Jesus Christ is Lord of all and REIGNS."" Amen! Get back to the beginning, back to the basics of the Gospel.

I don't read anywhere of the early church becoming involved in resistance to the Roman government or clamoring for civil war. They focused on one thing: the Kingdom of God and the Gospel of Christ.

I really hope the church, especially the leaders and those who have become so entangled in politics, will step back and get back to the original mission, the Great Commission.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:34 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
What is the church's mission? If any good can come out of this I hope it is that the church gets back to its original mission and stops getting so involved in politics or so enamored with politicians. Get back to the Great Commission. Get back to prayer and Bible study.

I love what you wrote: "But just think of the power that God unleashes in our midst for boldly declaring that simple message, "Jesus Christ is Lord of all and REIGNS."" Amen! Get back to the beginning, back to the basics of the Gospel.

I don't read anywhere of the early church becoming involved in resistance to the Roman government or clamoring for civil war. They focused on one thing: the Kingdom of God and the Gospel of Christ.

I really hope the church, especially the leaders and those who have become so entangled in politics, will step back and get back to the original mission, the Great Commission.
I disagree. We must NOT retreat from the political arena. We must send MORE believers to elected office than ever before.
Old 01-12-2021, 02:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
This post made me depressed. I wish you had found a fresh insight into that better covenant with better promises, centered around Christ than these ambiguous "Hebrew Roots." You are not Hebrew. Types and shadows are just that. It's all in Christ.
So . . . I guess what I meant to say (and didn't do it as well as I might have), is: The Hebrews roots got me to thinking about things I either never considered, or never knew.

I am not becoming Hebrew Roots. I'm an Apostolic that is now simply struggling with whether or not getting to heaven is like the cavern in Raider's of the Lost Ark:" on wrong move and it's a dart in the neck.

Many of these discussions go down so many roads that it all begins to feel like a labyrinth.

I've lurked here for years, and sometimes I've come here looking for insights to things I've already tried to study.

Anyway, I in no way renounce my Act 2:38 Apostolic beliefs. I'm just having a hard time finding peace in any of it right now.