Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-13-2021, 01:25 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: I'll Say It Again - IT'S OVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
James said wickedness will reign in the end time. Originalist responds with he is a partial preterist.

It sounds like he is saying wickedness wont be a big deal in his belief.
So times or more wicked than the medieval times? Times are more wicked than when the Mongols were taking over Europe? Times are more wicked then when the Vikings invaded northern Europe? Mike, you have no conception of worldwide evil. You are absolutely safe in your home. You don’t have to worry about fighting off Indians or outlaws coming to kill you just for your belongings. You like Jehovah witnesses see everything getting worse. Yet, that getting worse is only viewed through the limited lens of your own life experience. From Howdy Doody to Game of Thrones. Very limited, and pales to what we have experienced in the sight of world history.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:27 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie G View Post
Simply the idea that a new year was dawning (On the Hebrew calendar, and in time for the President to replace the most idolized Linchpin on the court, and also close enough to an election that the left couldn't storm the Senate hearings without killing their electoral chances).
So in your opinion a new beginning in what?
Old 01-13-2021, 01:29 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
Interesting. So if "preterists" think the world is getting better, it is cyclical? An upswing. then a downswing in wickedness?
World can’t get better when it’s the “Christian” who are getting worse.
When sinners are more honest than those who claim Christianity.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:31 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
This country is evenly divided. The majority of those who revere the Founders and the constitution are Bible believers, not ashamed of Christ. The scare we are going through will cause many in the latter group to seek God and embrace more personal holiness. This does not mean the majority will embrace the entirety of what we believe as Apostolics, but there will be turning to God as the realization becomes more clear unless he build the house, they labor in vain which build it. From the ashes might immerge a break-away Constitutional republic that is openly Christian in character. Truthfully, if it will just adhere to the Constitution as intended by the Founders, righteousness will have a better chance at prevailing. Much of the sin that has engulfed our nation resulted from unconstitutional court rulings that the Christians in the States did not know how to react to or resist.

It seems you are saying we must be one or the other. I do not believe God raised up so many Christians in this nation, gave them a form of government where they get a say, only to have them take a casual attitude that says, "Oh well. This world is not my home," and just bend over to grab our ankles. I care DEEPLY about what form of government kids live under. I will do whatever it takes, as God helps me, to drive the Reds out (not speaking of the baseball team.)
My brother did you read any of Esaias’ posts on Government?
Old 01-13-2021, 01:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
This country is evenly divided. The majority of those who revere the Founders and the constitution are Bible believers, not ashamed of Christ. The scare we are going through will cause many in the latter group to seek God and embrace more personal holiness. This does not mean the majority will embrace the entirety of what we believe as Apostolics, but there will be turning to God as the realization becomes more clear unless he build the house, they labor in vain which build it. From the ashes might immerge a break-away Constitutional republic that is openly Christian in character. Truthfully, if it will just adhere to the Constitution as intended by the Founders, righteousness will have a better chance at prevailing. Much of the sin that has engulfed our nation resulted from unconstitutional court rulings that the Christians in the States did not know how to react to or resist.
This is what I mean. The Churches see themselves as much as Americans as Christians. The Churches are "married to" America.
Quote:
It seems you are saying we must be one or the other. I do not believe God raised up so many Christians in this nation, gave them a form of government where they get a say, only to have them take a casual attitude that says, "Oh well. This world is not my home," and just bend over to grab our ankles. I care DEEPLY about what form of government kids live under. I will do whatever it takes, as God helps me, to drive the Reds out (not speaking of the baseball team.)
When Americans made their various covenants with God did God enter into them? Americans swore this would be HIS NATION and we would be HIS PEOPLE?

If God entered that covenant where does Acts 2:38 fit in? Does God expect it and Bible holiness out of the people he entered covenant with? Or did SOME perhaps Godly Americans propose a covenant with God and amened it when God never joined?

I see nothing in the New Testament scriptures that predict or educate Christians to believe they are going to make the world a good place in which to live. If thats part of the "preterism" doctrine it can be easily exposed simply by hearing the teachings of Christ and the apostles.

The Church considered itself APART from THE WORLD. They were to win souls INTO THE KINGDOM.

The world was to be seen as the "darkness". By obeying Christs word we would shine as lights in it and attract others to the light. The idea of Christians nations before Jesus comes is absent in the early Church.

Their hope was the coming of Jesus and their being gathered to him.
Old 01-13-2021, 02:44 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
This is what I mean. The Churches see themselves as much as Americans as Christians. The Churches are "married to" America.

When Americans made their various covenants with God did God enter into them? Americans swore this would be HIS NATION and we would be HIS PEOPLE?

If God entered that covenant where does Acts 2:38 fit in? Does God expect it and Bible holiness out of the people he entered covenant with? Or did SOME perhaps Godly Americans propose a covenant with God and amened it when God never joined?

I see nothing in the New Testament scriptures that predict or educate Christians to believe they are going to make the world a good place in which to live. If thats part of the "preterism" doctrine it can be easily exposed simply by hearing the teachings of Christ and the apostles.

The Church considered itself APART from THE WORLD. They were to win souls INTO THE KINGDOM.

The world was to be seen as the "darkness". By obeying Christs word we would shine as lights in it and attract others to the light. The idea of Christians nations before Jesus comes is absent in the early Church.

Wow, that is amazing! You have a teaching that nothing you do will matter on a larger scale. The best you can hope for is to live on Pal Talk, YouTubes, and here. Teaching whatever you believe and knowing it will effect very little. Sweet love of God. No wonder an End Time Revival was mocked. Because they believe everything is going to end up down the toilet. It’s an oxymoron, you say you shine as a light as it gets darker, and darker? Darkness means absence of truth, not more homosexuals. But as you shine you just said you can’t possibly overtake that darkness. Jesus said He overcame the World. We are to be in good cheer, careful for nothing. My lands, you can’t see the conflict within your belief.
Old 01-13-2021, 04:02 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Wow, that is amazing! You have a teaching that nothing you do will matter on a larger scale. The best you can hope for is to live on Pal Talk, YouTubes, and here. Teaching whatever you believe and knowing it will effect very little. Sweet love of God. No wonder an End Time Revival was mocked. Because they believe everything is going to end up down the toilet. It’s an oxymoron, you say you shine as a light as it gets darker, and darker? Darkness means absence of truth, not more homosexuals. But as you shine you just said you can’t possibly overtake that darkness. Jesus said He overcame the World. We are to be in good cheer, careful for nothing. My lands, you can’t see the conflict within your belief.
The bolded refutes your error. Jesus Christ.....the ultimate example of the light shining in darkness. Did the Jews come to his brightness? He OVERCAME THE WORLD by his obedience to the Father.

This is exactly the way Christians have always overcome! Not by becoming Mayors or Governors or Presidents. If those things do happen that is very good.

But as we look back it would be hard to find any Acts 2:38 disciples that made it into those positions wouldnt it? So while we preach truth and righteousness to our nation reality has shown us they can only tolerate so much.

A Christian say for example running for President or Governor with an uncompromising message against abortion and sodomite will get how far? Will he get outside the Church house with such a message? No.

Why?

Because the Church and the world have 2 distinct minds.

So we must continue to preach Jesus Christ. Continue to sow into the lives of converts the word of truth. But we point them to Christ and his kingdom! Not to try and groom them to be merely good citizens in a Republican world.

I understand the covering we have had in America of the Constitution and appreciate it much. Nonetheless I have seen for most of my walk of faith with Jesus most "Christians" are more Americans than "Christians".
Old 01-13-2021, 05:00 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

You are overthinking this. Take advantage of the benefits of where God planted you. It is very simple. Or be a fool that is forced at the pint of a gun to live the way Ceasar dictates.
Old 01-13-2021, 06:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
So times or more wicked than the medieval times? Times are more wicked than when the Mongols were taking over Europe? Times are more wicked then when the Vikings invaded northern Europe? Mike, you have no conception of worldwide evil. You are absolutely safe in your home. You don’t have to worry about fighting off Indians or outlaws coming to kill you just for your belongings. You like Jehovah witnesses see everything getting worse. Yet, that getting worse is only viewed through the limited lens of your own life experience. From Howdy Doody to Game of Thrones. Very limited, and pales to what we have experienced in the sight of world history.

From the invasion of China in 1937 to the end of World War II, the Japanese military regime murdered near 3,000,000 to over 10,000,000 people, most probably almost 6,000,000 Chinese, Indonesians, Koreans, Filipinos, and Indochinese, among others, including Western prisoners of war.

All in all, the Germans deliberately killed about 11 million noncombatants, a figure that rises to more than 12 million if foreseeable deaths from deportation, hunger, and sentences in concentration camps are included.Mar 10, 2011

The post-Soviet government of Russia puts the Soviet war losses at 26.6 million, on the basis of the 1993 study by the Russian Academy of Sciences, including people dying as a result of effects of the war. This includes 8,668,400 military deaths as calculated by the Russian Ministry of Defense.

This past centuries wickedness would be unthinkable in ancient times.(WW1 not included).

This years abortion clock...

https://www.worldometers.info/abortions/

The world is incredibly wicked.
Old 01-13-2021, 07:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
The bolded refutes your error. Jesus Christ.....the ultimate example of the light shining in darkness. Did the Jews come to his brightness? He OVERCAME THE WORLD by his obedience to the Father.
Matter of fact, Jesus did do it through His Body, He said, "He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do." Then in Acts 21:20, James says, "And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, and said unto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Jews there are which believe; and they are all zealous of the law." You believe the teaching on how the Jews utterly rejected Jesus as a nation. When in fact a remnant was saved through Acts 2:38. The Domestic Olive tree which had to have wild branches graft into her. Remember it's a Judean Tree and it has wild branches graft into her. The early church was predominantly Judean, and Israelite. Romans hadn't a clue about the Judean Israelism. How to interpret the scriptures, that was the job of the Judeans and the Hellenized Diaspora.

Quote:
This is exactly the way Christians have always overcome! Not by becoming Mayors or Governors or Presidents. If those things do happen that is very good.
Our overcoming is the ability to have light of the scripture and bring it to people who are hungry for that light. If mayors or police officers become Apostolics it would be a good thing? But you sound like that even if they did they would never make an impact.

Quote:
But as we look back it would be hard to find any Acts 2:38 disciples that made it into those positions wouldnt it? So while we preach truth and righteousness to our nation reality has shown us they can only tolerate so much.
Mike,no end time revival from you. What I can see here is that you have zero belief that the Gospel could change a world. I should tell my brother to come back from Bosnia. If you think this place is tough, try in a foreign country of Muslims and Orthodox.

Quote:

A Christian say for example running for President or Governor with an uncompromising message against abortion and sodomite will get how far? Will he get outside the Church house with such a message? No.

Why?

Because the Church and the world have 2 distinct minds.

So we must continue to preach Jesus Christ. Continue to sow into the lives of converts the word of truth. But we point them to Christ and his kingdom! Not to try and groom them to be merely good citizens in a Republican world.

I understand the covering we have had in America of the Constitution and appreciate it much. Nonetheless I have seen for most of my walk of faith with Jesus most "Christians" are more Americans than "Christians".
Mike, you appreciate the Constitution and the covering we have in America? That's because you are as patriotic as the next guy. I deal with people from all over the world, and they scratch their heads when they hear talk like yours. No power, just an American covering of a constitution. Brother Ndavid posted an awesome video You should watch it.