Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Registered Member

Bro Haney, Bro Arless Glass, & Bro Billy Hale

From WNOP!

During a routine examination last week, it was discovered that Brother Haney had some blockage in two of his arteries. While not considered an urgent situation, his doctor recommended that one of his three options was to have surgery to alleviate any future concerns. On Monday, May 19th, Brother Haney underwent heart bypass surgery. It was completely successful, and his doctors have been amazed at his speedy recovery. It has been stated that he is in the top 2% of patients for recovery time and prognosis. He was up and about - walking the halls within hours. We thank God for that!

The Haney family appreciates your prayers and support. Please respect their privacy at this time by directing any calls or get well wishes to his office and not to their home. May God bless you as you work for Him.

Reverend Arless Glass
Glass Reverend Arless Glass, former Superintendent of Education for the United Pentecostal Church International is undergoing open heart surgery today (05.22.08) in Houston, Texas at Methodist Hospital due to a 99.9% blockage in his main artery.

Please keep Brother Glass in your prayers.

Reverend Billy Hale
Hale Reverend Billy Hale had a heart attack while preaching in last night's service. During the altar call he was rushed to Swedish Medical Center. His heart rate was 45 and he was unresponsive when he arrived. After giving him medicine for his heart, his rate went up to about 57. He was taken into surgery to have 2 stints put into his right ventrical that was totally blocked. His left ventrical was 50% blocked. Doctors report that the procedure went well. He was placed in critical care / intensive care unit where the doctors are monitoring his progress. He is expected to be in the hospital for 3 days. He is still in a lot of pain and circumstances are he still needs your prayers. Thank you for praying for him!
Old 05-22-2008, 01:05 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Re: Bro Haney, Bro Arless Glass, & Bro Billy Hale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
From WNOP!

During a routine examination last week, it was discovered that Brother Haney had some blockage in two of his arteries. While not considered an urgent situation, his doctor recommended that one of his three options was to have surgery to alleviate any future concerns. On Monday, May 19th, Brother Haney underwent heart bypass surgery. It was completely successful, and his doctors have been amazed at his speedy recovery. It has been stated that he is in the top 2% of patients for recovery time and prognosis. He was up and about - walking the halls within hours. We thank God for that!

The Haney family appreciates your prayers and support. Please respect their privacy at this time by directing any calls or get well wishes to his office and not to their home. May God bless you as you work for Him.

Reverend Arless Glass
Glass Reverend Arless Glass, former Superintendent of Education for the United Pentecostal Church International is undergoing open heart surgery today (05.22.08) in Houston, Texas at Methodist Hospital due to a 99.9% blockage in his main artery.

Please keep Brother Glass in your prayers.

Reverend Billy Hale
Hale Reverend Billy Hale had a heart attack while preaching in last night's service. During the altar call he was rushed to Swedish Medical Center. His heart rate was 45 and he was unresponsive when he arrived. After giving him medicine for his heart, his rate went up to about 57. He was taken into surgery to have 2 stints put into his right ventrical that was totally blocked. His left ventrical was 50% blocked. Doctors report that the procedure went well. He was placed in critical care / intensive care unit where the doctors are monitoring his progress. He is expected to be in the hospital for 3 days. He is still in a lot of pain and circumstances are he still needs your prayers. Thank you for praying for him!
Just to clarify on Billy Hale, it was the arteries that were blocked, not the ventricles of his heart.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Registered Member

Praying for these men now. Thank you Bro Ron for the information.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:35 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
Just to clarify on Billy Hale, it was the arteries that were blocked, not the ventricles of his heart.
It would have to have been some kind of blockage to block the ventricles.

But still, with the surgery and all he is in some discomfort the last I heard.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
It would have to have been some kind of blockage to block the ventricles.

But still, with the surgery and all he is in some discomfort the last I heard.
Right. The only way to block the ventricles is to have a problem with the valves. This doesn't come on suddenly and he would have had problems when it first started. In fact, death would have been imminent because blood would then back up into the lungs and also cause liver and kidney failure.

You cannot put stents in valves, therefore it had to be a blockage with the arteries. That's why I made the clarification.

And yes, it's not a comfortable surgery. I did hear that they are doing some heart surgeries laparoscopically, which I find amazing. Cracking your chest open isn't fun!
Old 05-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Praying for all.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 05-22-2008, 04:38 PM
Accepts all friends requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
Right. The only way to block the ventricles is to have a problem with the valves. This doesn't come on suddenly and he would have had problems when it first started. In fact, death would have been imminent because blood would then back up into the lungs and also cause liver and kidney failure.

You cannot put stents in valves, therefore it had to be a blockage with the arteries. That's why I made the clarification.

And yes, it's not a comfortable surgery. I did hear that they are doing some heart surgeries laparoscopically, which I find amazing. Cracking your chest open isn't fun!
He had the femoral artery approach so no hammer and chisel stuff. I had a similar procedure a couple of years ago - only no stents - just a camera. Bro. Hale having the stents put in would have had to have been under longer than I was. I was only in there for 15 minutes.

For Bro. Hale - and I don't know the medical details yet - but word came back to the church that his vitals had stabilized and that there would be no futher updates that night. Then on the way home my son got a text from the hospital that he had been taken into emergency surgery. This was about 11 PM. A lot of the church had stayed to pray and since there was no school due to a graduation ceremony my wife let the kids stay late as well.

I think most of the pain may be from actual tissue damage. Though that's entirely speculation on my part. But I'm told that heart attacks are very painful for this reason.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:54 PM

What exactly is WNOP
Old 05-22-2008, 06:59 PM
Forever Loved Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
What exactly is WNOP
World Network Of Prayer, I think.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 05-22-2008, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelathais View Post
He had the femoral artery approach so no hammer and chisel stuff. I had a similar procedure a couple of years ago - only no stents - just a camera. Bro. Hale having the stents put in would have had to have been under longer than I was. I was only in there for 15 minutes.

For Bro. Hale - and I don't know the medical details yet - but word came back to the church that his vitals had stabilized and that there would be no futher updates that night. Then on the way home my son got a text from the hospital that he had been taken into emergency surgery. This was about 11 PM. A lot of the church had stayed to pray and since there was no school due to a graduation ceremony my wife let the kids stay late as well.

I think most of the pain may be from actual tissue damage. Though that's entirely speculation on my part. But I'm told that heart attacks are very painful for this reason.
Right. I didn't mean to insinuate that his chest was cracked open, but commenting on that some heart surgeries can be done laparoscopically where they did the chest cracking before. LOL!

Death to heart muscle does account for the pain, especially in the long term. It's not a good thing.