Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 11-14-2009, 06:31 AM
Are You Ready To Fly?

Re: Thou shalt murder?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotforSale View Post
Not only Religion in its darkest form, but total contradiction of Old and New Testaments. According to you, God has changed.

Killing innocent people is murder, and a God who condones this will always confuse His creation.

Why are we so willing to accept something we haven't done?? Have you killed babies, women, or an old man or woman who can't move from a bed of affliction?

Your coldness towards this issue troubles me deeply.
THIS IS WHAT GOD DONE FOR YOU;GOD IS LOVE)HE LOVED YOU THIS MUCH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZUTt8XINPY
John 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counsellor to be with you for ever 17 The Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.
Old 11-14-2009, 09:41 AM
Registered Member

Sam speaks with biblical understanding and good common sense. You would do well to listen to him
Old 11-14-2009, 11:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizpeh View Post
You are judging God, NFS.

If God chooses to use the sword, famine, pestilence, or whatever He desires to punish a nation or an individual for sin (Eze 14:21), that is His choice. It is His creation, the work of His hands. He can do with it as He wishes. God gave Israel specific instructions when they were to take the land of promise and He gave them the reasons why they were to destroy everyone in the land. God gave Israel a law and the reasons for those laws.

I can only guess what you think of God striking Ananias and Sapphira dead when they lied to Him.
First, God condoning what was done in Amalek is what stands in question with me. We must consider the ultimate truth here, regardless of our Traditional stance on what we believe, “God Said”.

Do you know who Galileo is? In 1633 he was tried as a heretic and forced to recant his findings in science by the Catholic Church, and the reason is startling. He believed the Earth was not at the center of the universe, going against those who claimed, “God Said”. The below information is stunning.

Galileo's championing of Copernicanism was controversial within his lifetime, when a large majority of philosophers and astronomers still subscribed (at least outwardly) to the geocentric view that the Earth is at the centre of the universe. After 1610, when he began publicly supporting the heliocentric view, which placed the Sun at the centre of the universe, he met with bitter opposition from some philosophers and clerics, and two of the latter eventually denounced him to the Roman Inquisition early in 1615. Although he was cleared of any offence at that time, the Catholic Church nevertheless condemned heliocentrism as "false and contrary to Scripture" in February 1616,[10] and Galileo was warned to abandon his support for it—which he promised to do. When he later defended his views in his most famous work, Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems, published in 1632, he was tried by the Inquisition, found "vehemently suspect of heresy," forced to recant, and spent the rest of his life under house arrest.

Going back to the story of Amalek, there is no proof God told the Israelites to perform this atrocity. A man simply said, “God Said”. If you or I ignore this fact, we give place to unbelievable terror. Because humans are subject to fear, and have no real insight to the spirit world, anyone who claims to have “Contact”, we can shutter under this spell. This is not only proven, but is one of the most dangerous forms of manipulation on Planet Earth.

Galileo did not conform to far fetched theories or ideas simply because religious hierarchy was breathing down his neck with, “God Said”.

We are responsible to check the facts and understand our surroundings. Galileo studied the Universe and gained his understanding from his experience and the knowledge of what he could SEE. He broke through, “Out of sight, out of mind” to give the World the TRUTH about our Solar System and much more.

To accept the brutal killings of Amalek as justified by God is merely an opinion and cannot be proven. I’ve seen to many people over the last 30 years proclaim “God Said”, only to find their words were just that, WORDS. We can go on believing the World is flat, but the Truth is the Truth.

About a half a mile from my home is a Senior Citizen facility. Many are handicapped or bedridden. I’ve been there to pray for the sick or participate in one of the services. I’ve held their hands and looked into their eyes, noticing the great strength they once had is gone. What you’re telling me is, “God Said” to go into a place like that and kill these helpless people with a sword.

Would you do it??? Would you kill these helpless people?? Have you killed someone who is feeble and unable to defend themselves?? How about a pregnant woman?? Would you drive a sword into her belly under the spell of, “God Said”???

Whether you or I like this or not, we must confess, this is why the World cannot agree upon who God is, because they all say “God Said” with their own idea, interpretation, or concept. The only way to come to a valid ideal about God is to turn away from voices that can’t be heard and learn from real life, real experience. If you have the chance, read my post on “Faith from McDonalds”.

I’ve been waiting for someone who claims this experience of hearing God’s Voice to play a recording, but no luck yet. I’m just told by the World of Religion, I HAVE to accept the Bible as that voice or I’ll burn in Hell. Why does this seem to relate to Galileo’s experience? Maybe they’re getting ready to arrest me!
Old 11-14-2009, 12:34 PM
Are You Ready To Fly?

Quote:
First, God condoning what was done in Amalek is what stands in question with me. We must consider the ultimate truth here, regardless of our Traditional stance on what we believe, “God Said”.

Do you know who Galileo is? In 1633 he was tried as a heretic and forced to recant his findings in science by the Catholic Church, and the reason is startling. He believed the Earth was not at the center of the universe, going against those who claimed, “God Said”. The below information is stunning.

Galileo's championing of Copernicanism was controversial within his lifetime, when a large majority of philosophers and astronomers still subscribed (at least outwardly) to the geocentric view that the Earth is at the centre of the universe. After 1610, when he began publicly supporting the heliocentric view, which placed the Sun at the centre of the universe, he met with bitter opposition from some philosophers and clerics, and two of the latter eventually denounced him to the Roman Inquisition early in 1615. Although he was cleared of any offence at that time, the Catholic Church nevertheless condemned heliocentrism as "false and contrary to Scripture" in February 1616,[10] and Galileo was warned to abandon his support for it—which he promised to do. When he later defended his views in his most famous work, Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems, published in 1632, he was tried by the Inquisition, found "vehemently suspect of heresy," forced to recant, and spent the rest of his life under house arrest.

Going back to the story of Amalek, there is no proof God told the Israelites to perform this atrocity. A man simply said, “God Said”. If you or I ignore this fact, we give place to unbelievable terror. Because humans are subject to fear, and have no real insight to the spirit world, anyone who claims to have “Contact”, we can shutter under this spell. This is not only proven, but is one of the most dangerous forms of manipulation on Planet Earth.

Galileo did not conform to far fetched theories or ideas simply because religious hierarchy was breathing down his neck with, “God Said”.

We are responsible to check the facts and understand our surroundings. Galileo studied the Universe and gained his understanding from his experience and the knowledge of what he could SEE. He broke through, “Out of sight, out of mind” to give the World the TRUTH about our Solar System and much more.

To accept the brutal killings of Amalek as justified by God is merely an opinion and cannot be proven. I’ve seen to many people over the last 30 years proclaim “God Said”, only to find their words were just that, WORDS. We can go on believing the World is flat, but the Truth is the Truth.

About a half a mile from my home is a Senior Citizen facility. Many are handicapped or bedridden. I’ve been there to pray for the sick or participate in one of the services. I’ve held their hands and looked into their eyes, noticing the great strength they once had is gone. What you’re telling me is, “God Said” to go into a place like that and kill these helpless people with a sword.

Would you do it??? Would you kill these helpless people?? Have you killed someone who is feeble and unable to defend themselves?? How about a pregnant woman?? Would you drive a sword into her belly under the spell of, “God Said”???

Whether you or I like this or not, we must confess, this is why the World cannot agree upon who God is, because they all say “God Said” with their own idea, interpretation, or concept. The only way to come to a valid ideal about God is to turn away from voices that can’t be heard and learn from real life, real experience. If you have the chance, read my post on “Faith from McDonalds”.

I’ve been waiting for someone who claims this experience of hearing God’s Voice to play a recording, but no luck yet. I’m just told by the World of Religion, I HAVE to accept the Bible as that voice or I’ll burn in Hell. Why does this seem to relate to Galileo’s experience? Maybe they’re getting ready to arrest me!
NFS your asking questions about the authority of God and your never going to get a recording of God's voice because then what good would Faith be?We don't understand the whole plan of God and right now we only see dimly through a mirror but then face to face.
You seem angry at God,are you?
John 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counsellor to be with you for ever 17 The Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.

Last edited by easter; 11-14-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
See also:
1 Kings 20:35 And a certain man of the sons of the prophets said unto his neighbour in the word of the LORD, Smite me, I pray thee. And the man refused to smite him. 36 Then said he unto him, Because thou hast not obeyed the voice of the LORD, behold, as soon as thou art departed from me, a lion shall slay thee. And as soon as he was departed from him, a lion found him, and slew him.
This poor guy was ordered by God to kill a prophet of God. What a predicament! What would you do, in his shoes? Well, the guy was disobedient. Downright evil, perhaps. That's what disobeying God makes you, isn't it? God must have thought so, so He killed that evil man.
Very interesting. The question is; where IS God in all of this?
Old 11-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Very interesting. The question is; where IS God in all of this?
Could it be that some people just made things up and said it was God talking, just like a lot of people do these days? And could it be that some of those stories were written down in books that, years later, people decided to call inspired and infallible?

Just askin'!
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 11-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Don't ask.

(BTW, some take "smite" in that scripture to mean "hit", not necessarily fatally. Even so, still a weird story, when you consider that punishment for disobeying.)
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 11-14-2009, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastorrush View Post
Sam speaks with biblical understanding and good common sense. You would do well to listen to him
Ok, killing innocent children, pregnant women, people in hospitals, the elderly, with a sword, is common sense? I suppose an abortion now and then is alright with you...

Did you know, Amalek was the grandson of Esau? This interesting connection brings family into the picture if the Amalekites came from his loins.

Also, the revenge of this act by Israel was revealed in German philosophy before Hitler's rein.

A prominent 19th and early 20th century rabbi, Yosef Chaim Sonnenfeld, claimed upon Kaiser Wilhelm's visit to Palestine in 1898, three decades before Hitler's rise to power, he had a tradition from his teachers that the Germans are descended from the ancient Amalekites.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:31 PM
La vie est un voyage

We aren't living in the OT and aren't asked to kill someone.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:34 PM
La vie est un voyage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Rutledge View Post
IMHO. Christians should not shoot anyone and should not bear arms if they are in the military. (shoot away). LOL
But you are willing to let someone else do it for you. If someone comes into your house to kill your wife and children would you just stand by smile.