Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-06-2022, 01:57 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: I never got the VIRUS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Well, I for one have a brother in law currently in ICU on a ventilator. His organs have begun shutting down. Unless we receive a miracle, in all likelihood he will die. He is not overweight. No known preexisting conditions. Diligent in his diet. Exercises, doing cardio, weights, etc, and yet here we are with him fighting Delta Variant Covid.
I'll pray for your brother in law, but there are pre existing issues. Especially if his internal organs are shutting down. Again, what you believe to be an individual who is diligent in his diet. Exercises, doing cardio, weights, etc, and yet dying from COVID 19? We really can't take that as evidence as he had no issues. I don't know what his diet was like, neither do you. Again, the odds are stacked against those who aren't diligent in their diet, exercising, doing cardio, weights, etc. But these events that people who were healthy as Jack LaLanne, are either not true or there are pre conditions somewhere to be found.
Old 03-06-2022, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I'll pray for your brother in law, but there are pre existing issues. Especially if his internal organs are shutting down. Again, what you believe to be an individual who is diligent in his diet. Exercises, doing cardio, weights, etc, and yet dying from COVID 19? We really can't take that as evidence as he had no issues. I don't know what his diet was like, neither do you. Again, the odds are stacked against those who aren't diligent in their diet, exercising, doing cardio, weights, etc. But these events that people who were healthy as Jack LaLanne, are either not true or there are pre conditions somewhere to be found.
Thank you for the prayer. It's appreciated. It could be he has preexisting conditions, which is why I said he has no known preexisting conditions.
Old 03-06-2022, 03:35 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Thank you for the prayer. It's appreciated. It could be he has preexisting conditions, which is why I said he has no known preexisting conditions.
Pretty much my response to your post was covering more than your dear family member. Our prayers are with him, and we hope Jesus heals him in a mighty way.
Old 03-06-2022, 07:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
My brother, also made that same exact statement. I was foolish to believe him, and I lost him to obesity. The root of your health problem is obesity. Yet, dealing with people with this problem is difficult. Due to denial of the core problem, self justification. Also the scores of people close to those who have the problem enabling them. Just like a bad drug addiction, and alcoholism. But with obesity, especially in the United States, it is still has its advocates. High carb, to only carb diets can be lethal. Keeping you in prayer sister, in Jesus name

I believe that COVID hospitalized those who are unhealthy, and killed those with preexisting conditions. Just like the vaccines kill those who have preexisting conditions.
I live by this verse.

1Timothy 4
[8] For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

But then again I’ve not even seen my hundredth birthday yet.
Old 03-06-2022, 08:53 PM
Registered Member

Life is complex. Pre-exist conditions making covid worse is just a factor of many others. The details are sometimes hard to understand and predict because of so many variables. That’s why those correlations are given as probability, not as exact statements.

Rolling a dice and getting 1 has a probability of 17%. Rolling a dice twice and getting 1 twice has a probability of 3%, which is low. So, there is a 97% chance of rolling the dice twice and not getting 1 twice. You would think it will never happen to you. However, we all have seen 1 coming up twice consecutively in our life.
Old 03-07-2022, 05:27 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
I live by this verse.

1Timothy 4
[8] For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

But then again I’ve not even seen my hundredth birthday yet.
Paul is saying that bodily exercise doesn't produce eternal life.

“Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.”
Old 03-07-2022, 07:34 AM
Registered Member

The problem with diet is every person has different defeciencies. Most people don't have the ability to go and do labwork to see what they are low or high in. I have always been taught as a child the food pyramid. Fruits, vegatables, and whole grains should be what is the most important part of our diet and meats and dairy should be used in moderation. Also lots of water!

Another big reason for obesity is a sedentary lifestyles. Unfortunately, for many that may be the result of an injury or health issue that makes it harder for them to move. As we get older we learn to work smarter and not harter and our metabolism naturally slows down because we exert ourselves less and less. It is a domino effect and adds to obesity. Thing is, I can understand why a older person or a person with health issues struggle with obesity. I am not sure I wouldn't be +300lbs if I wasn't able to get around good.

Their is man in our church that weighed in just short of 400lbs who has lost down to 240 in the past 12-14months. He had a motorcycle wreck that destroyeed his tibuia and fibula years ago and somehow he developed a club foot. He was in constant pain and prone to getting infections similar to staff/mersa ( I can't remember what it is called) and also colonitis. Now, he no longer has to take blood pressure medicine, has pain manage without meds., and he is actually bike riding in competitions. He is really just reversing years of self inflicted medical conditions. Downside is his physical health condition presently seems to take priority over his spiritual health.

We don't need to be so consumed with health that we forget to enjoy our lives and live for God. I personally there is a happy medium.

BTW, to answer EB's question I am 40 in case he didn't see my response.
Old 03-07-2022, 07:42 AM
New User

Is he not living for God?
Old 03-07-2022, 08:03 AM
Registered Member

He is, but seems less devoted. Where he was once more evangelistic in his lifestyle he now places more focus on how many miles he rode his bike. You can tell when a person used to focus his conversation on God, it is now more about health.
Old 03-07-2022, 08:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
Their is man in our church that weighed in just short of 400lbs who has lost down to 240 in the past 12-14months. He had a motorcycle wreck that destroyeed his tibuia and fibula years ago and somehow he developed a club foot. He was in constant pain and prone to getting infections similar to staff/mersa ( I can't remember what it is called) and also colonitis. Now, he no longer has to take blood pressure medicine, has pain manage without meds., and he is actually bike riding in competitions. He is really just reversing years of self inflicted medical conditions. Downside is his physical health condition presently seems to take priority over his spiritual health.
A pastor told me a story of a lady that was 300+ lbs in a church he attended as a young man. One day, she felt the need to loose the weight, and she did in the course of a year or so. She went from a gallon size container shape, to a coke bottle shape. In a matter of months she testified she began liking the looks she received at the grocery store, she began dressing the part to show off that new look. People get that mindset that if Im healthily physically, then Im healthy spiritually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
We don't need to be so consumed with health that we forget to enjoy our lives and live for God. I personally there is a happy medium.
I agree with you.

We can actually get to a place that we believe we're invincible because of our "good health." We lose the idea that God is in charge, and when it's our time, doesn't matter how far you can bike, or how fast you can run, or how much weight you can lift, its your time to go.

Brother, moderation is the key.