Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Missions Area
Facebook

Notices

Missions Area Reports and photos from Missionaries

Old 02-24-2008, 07:52 AM
Registered Member

Re: Joseph Conroy

Wev\come to Apostlic Freinds, Bro. Conroy. Glad to see your post. Blessings to you in the name of Jesus,
Sis.Nye
Old 03-21-2008, 10:13 PM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephConroy View Post
Well being as in demand as I tend to be, I have decided to schedule myself this time so I can be a little bit pickier on where I go. you know, you just have to do that sometimes!

(Why do you want me? I'm available! Who are ya?) I am so new at this, I dont know who any of you are ...hiding behind all these pseudonyms or nomme des plumes or how ever you spell it!
just wondering if you were in the states yet! God bless you on your journey!

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 03-23-2008, 08:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyChocolate View Post
just wondering if you were in the states yet! God bless you on your journey!

Yes! As a matter of fact I am in Denver, Colorado this morning, preaching the Easter Services at Calvary Apostolic Church (Brother Don Haymon).

I was with Brother Steve Pixler in Dallas for about ten days (As well as other Churches in the Dallas Fort Worth area).

Next stop.... Nashville, the AMC conference and after that Branson (The WPF meeting) after THAT its anyones guess although I am scheduled with Brother Holmes for May 13th.

(Brother Pixler and Brother Haymon have taken it on themselves to schedule me...its such a blessing because to ME calling around and trying to schedule myself is almost the same thing as selling tupperware or life insurance, I just hae that part of missions work, so I am more than grateful for these mens help!!!!!!!!)

OH! I was at a wonderful church in Johnstown Colorado last week, Brother Skowron, whose whole family is of German descent, (Sister Skowron his mom is Frankfurt born) really enjoyed them!

Happy Easter!

Brother Joseph Conroy
Old 03-23-2008, 09:39 AM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL

Quote:
Can you imagine how odd it seems to be reading a group with thousands upon thousands of posts and topics and find one all about YOU???? Well that is what happened to me today! I did not belong to "Apostolic Friends" but was browsing through it when I read the "Whatever happened to Joseph Conroy?" post. You can imagine my surprise because....I AM JOSEPH CONROY!

Incredible. Well to answer your question I am still alive and kickin' but NOT in Salzburg (Which is about two and a half hours from here just across the Austrian border) But rather in Augsburg, which is "The City of the Renaissance".

Busy as a beaver! As you may know I was a missionary in the Middle East (Syria Jordan and occasionally over into Israel in the hopes of starting a work there in Jerusalem)

Came to Germany as we had large groups of our Arab saints emigrating to Europe as refugees all the time, and established the work here in Augsburg around the year 2000.

After a series of things that to be honest with you I don't understand to this very day, The work here in Augsburg is now all German. I am running around like a chicken with my head cut off, with daily outreach in not only Augsburg, but now all over Bavaria.

Currently we are renovating a building that is nearing completion, and never having renovated a building before I was NOT prepared for the "agony" that it puts a pastor through! SHINGLES was about as close as I have3 ever come to experiencing similar pain!!!!

But Praise God we are almost through, I am coming to the states in a short time to finish raising the money to finish the building. I am still needing to put in bathrooms, a luxury I know, but one that our visitors will enjoy having!)

I also have opened a new location in a village called Aindling, right next to a cow barn! Lots and LOTS of cows!

I am loving Germany more and more every day!

Well, I will be participating on the boards now that they have made the foolish error of letting me in!

(just saw the emoticons on the side, have an idea what they refer to, picked one guaranteed to raise someones hackles, though who i don't know! ) wouldn't it be tremendous though if the Church of Jesus ever reached the maturity to base our fellowship and cooperation on ones love and adherence to the Gospel and Principles of Jesus Christ and NOTHING ELSE!?
I'm dreamin I know....

THE "missing no longer" Joseph Conroy
If you only know how much I prayed for that very same thing. (bolded above)

Glad to hear of the great things happening in Germany. God is good.

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:22 PM
Sister Alvear

You are invited to come preach for us anytime dear missionary...We appreciate very much the work you are doing. Blessings to you.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 03-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Registered Member

[QUOTE=jaxfam6;421307]If you only know how much I prayed for that very same thing. (bolded above)

You know, I think there are thousands of us who maybe dont know how to articulate that to others, but we ARE out there! I mean how many times do you have to "Reinvent the square wheel" (Or as I prefer to describe it "Rebuild the tower of babel" (You know, "Let us make us a name and build us a tower that reaches up to heaven to hold us together" ie, ANY man made organization fellowship or association that will begin fragmenting virtually from inception, before you realize, THIS IS NOT BIBLE! How long before we wake up and try Gods way!I DO know that it was the Prayer Request of Jesus Christ which as he tells us would have the effect of bringing the world to the knowledge that God sent them a messiah. I guess though being one of the Paeons and not being in the "Know" I am missing the why of why that is not a pressing point of our doctrine rather than some of the infinitely more important issues like sideburns, wedding rings and Christmas trees.

Well in the meantime I am contemplating starting my OWN organization, the details are still kind of murky to me, I guess I need to find a new "Issue" to divide me from the rest of the Sons of God in order to justify it. Any Ideas????

JC
Old 03-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Alvear View Post
You are invited to come preach for us anytime dear missionary...We appreciate very much the work you are doing. Blessings to you.

Dear Brother and Sister Alvear,

Thank you for your invitation! But do you know what you're getting yourselves into???? You'll be doing damage control for months !!!! (Not really.) BUT please let me reciprocate YOUR invitation and invite YOU anytime you are going to be in Europe to please PLEASE come and preach for us!

God Bless You (and if I DO come ..God HELP ya!) brother Joseph Conroy
Old 03-23-2008, 06:28 PM
I need a Triple Espresso, NOW!

Quote:
Yes! As a matter of fact I am in Denver, Colorado this morning, preaching the Easter Services at Calvary Apostolic Church (Brother Don Haymon).

I was with Brother Steve Pixler in Dallas for about ten days (As well as other Churches in the Dallas Fort Worth area).

Next stop.... Nashville, the AMC conference and after that Branson (The WPF meeting) after THAT its anyones guess although I am scheduled with Brother Holmes for May 13th.

(Brother Pixler and Brother Haymon have taken it on themselves to schedule me...its such a blessing because to ME calling around and trying to schedule myself is almost the same thing as selling tupperware or life insurance, I just hae that part of missions work, so I am more than grateful for these mens help!!!!!!!!)

OH! I was at a wonderful church in Johnstown Colorado last week, Brother Skowron, whose whole family is of German descent, (Sister Skowron his mom is Frankfurt born) really enjoyed them!

Happy Easter!

Brother Joseph Conroy

Wonderful! Keep us updated on where you are just incase you are close by and we can venture out to hear ya! God bless!!!!!

I never met a chocolate I didn't like!

*sigh* I did nothing yesterday.... I wasn't finished so I did nothing again today!
Old 03-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Crazy father of 4

Location: Now? Phoenix, AZ. Before? Newark, OH, Wyandotte, MI, Tampa, FL

[QUOTE=JosephConroy;421430]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxfam6 View Post
If you only know how much I prayed for that very same thing. (bolded above)

You know, I think there are thousands of us who maybe dont know how to articulate that to others, but we ARE out there! I mean how many times do you have to "Reinvent the square wheel" (Or as I prefer to describe it "Rebuild the tower of babel" (You know, "Let us make us a name and build us a tower that reaches up to heaven to hold us together" ie, ANY man made organization fellowship or association that will begin fragmenting virtually from inception, before you realize, THIS IS NOT BIBLE! How long before we wake up and try Gods way!I DO know that it was the Prayer Request of Jesus Christ which as he tells us would have the effect of bringing the world to the knowledge that God sent them a messiah. I guess though being one of the Paeons and not being in the "Know" I am missing the why of why that is not a pressing point of our doctrine rather than some of the infinitely more important issues like sideburns, wedding rings and Christmas trees.

Well in the meantime I am contemplating starting my OWN organization, the details are still kind of murky to me, I guess I need to find a new "Issue" to divide me from the rest of the Sons of God in order to justify it. Any Ideas????

JC
You know I like you. Haven't met you but I like you. You start that organization and I will join.

I heard a missionary couple say that they did not have the priviledge of picking and choosing who they fellowship. They feel that their people need fellowship so they take it where they can get it. By thus doing they had been able to bring two congregations of trinitarians to the understanding of Jesus Christ. That to me was awesome. We here state side have the priviledge to be more picky. Problem is we are a bit to picky and don't even try to fellowship with those that believe in the one God message. How can we expect to win the lost and misguided if we can not even love one another?

I'll get back to you when I figure it out.
Old 03-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Sister Alvear

Can ladies join? ha...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear