Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 09-28-2016, 05:42 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

UN Says USA Owes African Americans Reparations

Not surprising, the United Nations has concluded that the USA should pay reparations to descendants of slaves. While we're at it, the U.K. should pay the US for the taxes they charged our anscestors without representation in the 1700s. And Italy should pay everyone something for the pillaging of the Roman Empire. And Greece should pay lots of folks for the occupation and spoils of the Greek Empire. And Iran should pay up because of the Persian Empire. I mean we could do this all day.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...?client=safari

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 09-28-2016, 06:25 AM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
Not surprising, the United Nations has concluded that the USA should pay reparations to descendants of slaves. While we're at it, the U.K. should pay the US for the taxes they charged our anscestors without representation in the 1700s. And Italy should pay everyone something for the pillaging of the Roman Empire. And Greece should pay lots of folks for the occupation and spoils of the Greek Empire. And Iran should pay up because of the Persian Empire. I mean we could do this all day.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill
Old 09-28-2016, 09:32 AM
Registered Member

Re: UN Says USA Owes African Americans Reparations

What about Native Americans...
Old 09-28-2016, 10:20 AM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

I demand reparations, because I'm not benefiting from my "white privilege"!
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post

You forgot the Muslims that invaded Africa and took slaves to the Middle East (by the millions the same UN estimates) and sold them to Europeans (more millions according to the same UN)...
Old 09-28-2016, 03:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
I demand reparations, because I'm not benefiting from my "white privilege"!
Apparently my WP card was never activated. I thought I had to work hard to get where I am. To think all I had to do was use the WP card!
Old 09-29-2016, 04:22 AM
Registered Member

We gave them reparations already by granting them citizenship after emancipation instead of deporting them back to Africa or elsewhere as Lincoln intended. It's a good thing for them that Lincoln was shot.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:07 AM
Registered Member

I am for reparations of some sort, but honestly, there are few, if any, ways to do it without crippling the whole country and it just isn't right at all! The whole matter sucks and maybe is best to be forgotten-- but forgetting will NEVER make wrong right.

Congress said they would do it, even passed a law for it, but never followed through with it. This failure rests squarely on the shoulders of the government of the United States of America, period.

Something should be done, but bankrupting the country is not an option either.

It was the right thing to do then, it is the right thing to do now.

Last edited by Jermyn Davidson; 09-30-2016 at 11:44 AM.
Old 09-30-2016, 11:43 AM
Registered Member

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forty_acres_and_a_mule

Reparations was not about cash money back then and we need not make the discussion solely about cash money now.
Old 09-30-2016, 12:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
What about Native Americans...
no kidding Africans were offered a choice, some even went back. I note reparations to them are being carried out now in some...domains; free tuition, etc.