Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Music Room
Facebook

Notices

The Music Room Share your favorite music, or request song lyrics here.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 11-15-2018, 11:05 PM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,613
Re: Take Me In-Catherine Mullins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Mike, do you feel as if you are a male bride?




Mike, I'm a guy, I was never a sandal wearing hippy.

Again, I love my father, I love my brothers, and I love my wife.

I love Jesus Christ.

All about devotion.

I can't believe how many Pentecostal don't understand the English language, let alone Bible language.

Another thing, the guy in the video needs the Holy Ghost.
Devotion? You mean duty? Yes I serve with duty. I also serve with love from the heart.

The Ephesians were devoted. They were doing their duty.

Rev. 2:2-5

2I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: 3And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. 4Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. 5Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

They loved him in a dutiful and respectful way. Jesus likes burning hearts. The cold, dead, worker can have his candlestick taken because of not LOVING JESUS like they should.

I dont know the guy in the video. Neither do you.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-17-2018, 02:44 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 30,676
Re: Take Me In-Catherine Mullins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Devotion? You mean duty? Yes I serve with duty. I also serve with love from the heart.

The Ephesians were devoted. They were doing their duty.

Rev. 2:2-5

2I know thy works, and thy labour, and thy patience, and how thou canst not bear them which are evil: and thou hast tried them which say they are apostles, and are not, and hast found them liars: 3And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast laboured, and hast not fainted. 4Nevertheless I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love. 5Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

They loved him in a dutiful and respectful way. Jesus likes burning hearts. The cold, dead, worker can have his candlestick taken because of not LOVING JESUS like they should.
Do you love your enemies like you love Jesus?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I dont know the guy in the video. Neither do you.
What does that mean? Are you saying he is putting on an act in the video and we are not seeing what he is like?
__________________
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-17-2018, 03:01 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 30,676
Re: Take Me In-Catherine Mullins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
So did you even listen to the video? You just may have been blessed.

I love Jesus with a hot, burning, passionate love.
Mike? Did you even read my post that you are replying to? Yes, I listened to the video. I am more an old Apostolic music guy. Swaying music in sandals isn't my cup of tea. But that is just me.But, again, this is where we don't get along. I post something to you and instead of you continuing the thought as a discussion, you don't even deal with what I posted. Mike, I posted ANOTHER wideo. We got this far posting about your song bird and the effeminate guy interviewing her. We then started to comment that that particular group or movement has a lot of weird effeminate interviewer.
__________________
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-17-2018, 03:32 PM
Michael The Disciple's Avatar
Michael The Disciple Michael The Disciple is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 12,613
Re: Take Me In-Catherine Mullins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Mike? Did you even read my post that you are replying to? Yes, I listened to the video. I am more an old Apostolic music guy. Swaying music in sandals isn't my cup of tea. But that is just me.But, again, this is where we don't get along. I post something to you and instead of you continuing the thought as a discussion, you don't even deal with what I posted. Mike, I posted ANOTHER wideo. We got this far posting about your song bird and the effeminate guy interviewing her. We then started to comment that that particular group or movement has a lot of weird effeminate interviewer.
Im glad for you Dom. If you like old Apostolic music good. I dont go around the forum investigating old Apostolic music to see if there might be some sin in the singers life.

You have made your comments about the video you posted. I have replied. If I have not dealt with your comments why are we on page 6 of the thread? To ME they are not as weird as a group that teaches the second coming of Jesus and the resurrection of the dead occured in 70ad. To me there is NO doctrine worse than that.

I and apparently many others enjoyed the praise video.

Last edited by Michael The Disciple; 11-17-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-17-2018, 05:10 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 30,676
Re: Take Me In-Catherine Mullins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Im glad for you Dom. If you like old Apostolic music good. I dont go around the forum investigating old Apostolic music to see if there might be some sin in the singers life.
Lanny Wolfe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
You have made your comments about the video you posted. I have replied. If I have not dealt with your comments why are we on page 6 of the thread? To ME they are not as weird as a group that teaches the second coming of Jesus and the resurrection of the dead occured in 70ad. To me there is NO doctrine worse than that.
Worse than that? That is becauyse you are the perfect teacher. You know all about eschatology. I'm going to have the pleasure finding out just how much you know. Because after all, I'm wrong and your right, therefore I have so many questions to ask you. You see, to me, someone who goes around telling people that are lost because of what they believe ( as I do on many occasions) should be able to answer my questions. If they can't, they they are themselves as lost as the next guy. The curse found in Revelation 22:18-19 is therefore is for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
I and apparently many others enjoyed the praise video.
Mike, God doesn't hear their praises. Those singers are Trinitarians. God doesn't hear the prayer of sinners. Repentance, yes, praise? How?
__________________
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11-17-2018, 05:16 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 30,676
Re: Take Me In-Catherine Mullins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Im glad for you Dom.
Actually, you are not. You are being facetious. You say it because as a "Christian" you are supposed to say it. It is called feigning or acting the part Luke 20:20. So, Mike, don't worry about acting "Christian" around me, I got your number.
__________________
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11-19-2018, 01:26 AM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Happily "off the chain"


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 18,935
Re: Take Me In-Catherine Mullins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post

I can't believe I am having to try to convince people who say they have the Holy Spirit that its ok to love Jesus with a hot and burning love.
I should have gone to dental school.

Why didn't you tell your pastor you love him with a hot, burning love?
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 11-19-2018, 01:33 AM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Happily "off the chain"


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 18,935
Re: Take Me In-Catherine Mullins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Mike, do you feel as if you are a male bride?




Mike, I'm a guy, I was never a sandal wearing hippy.

Again, I love my father, I love my brothers, and I love my wife.

I love Jesus Christ.

All about devotion.

I can't believe how many Pentecostal don't understand the English language, let alone Bible language.

Another thing, the guy in the video needs the Holy Ghost.
I love my mother, it's fervent, but I would never describe it as "hot, burning love". Only my wife would hear me say that.

I love God, too. Even more than I love my wife. I love God so much I literally became homeless to find Him. But "hot, burning love"? That's not the terminology I would use.

That sounds pretty gay to me. I'm not saying guys who think in those terms are gay, but I guarantee you if I heard a preacher going on about a "hot burning love" for Jesus I'd keep my distance, and certainly would keep my wife and kids away from such a guy.

It sounds EXACTLY like the kind of thing I'd expect a catholic priest to sermonise about.
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!

Instead of google, use www.yandex.com


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 11-19-2018, 06:43 AM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 30,676
Re: Take Me In-Catherine Mullins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I love my mother, it's fervent, but I would never describe it as "hot, burning love". Only my wife would hear me say that.

I love God, too. Even more than I love my wife. I love God so much I literally became homeless to find Him. But "hot, burning love"? That's not the terminology I would use.

That sounds pretty gay to me. I'm not saying guys who think in those terms are gay, but I guarantee you if I heard a preacher going on about a "hot burning love" for Jesus I'd keep my distance, and certainly would keep my wife and kids away from such a guy.

It sounds EXACTLY like the kind of thing I'd expect a catholic priest to sermonise about.
The whole hot burning love thing comes from the Charismatic movement. Catherine Mullins and the whole spooky Charismatic thing has been in Florida for years. I live in Fort Lauderdale the home of the Shepherding movement. The most insane crazy, effeminate Charismatic stuff has come out of Florida.


We are told to love our enemies, are we to love them with a "hot" BURNING LOVE?
__________________
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 11-19-2018, 07:15 AM
Apostolic1ness Apostolic1ness is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 975
Re: Take Me In-Catherine Mullins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
The whole hot burning love thing comes from the Charismatic movement. Catherine Mullins and the whole spooky Charismatic thing has been in Florida for years. I live in Fort Lauderdale the home of the Shepherding movement. The most insane crazy, effeminate Charismatic stuff has come out of Florida.


We are told to love our enemies, are we to love them with a "hot" BURNING LOVE?
yes and we should hold our hands over our heart so they can see the precious love bubbling up trying to hug them showing little dimples when we smile and fluttering our eyes tell them I....Love....you and go frolicking together through the fields of grass.....and then wake up from that nightmare and thank God it was just a dream and go spend your day doing manly stuff.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rich Mullins Movie!!! Disciple4life The Music Room 8 05-14-2014 05:09 AM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by PMJ
- by Esaias
- by Esaias
- by Esaias
- by Esaias

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.