Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Registered Member

Forgiveness is a process

It is troublesome to hear/read someone post...forgive and forget.

It is very easy for me to forgive someone a transgression who is not very close to me and I don't have dealings with them on an intimate level.

I have been hurt by the closest people in my life in a much deeper way. It has been a process for me to forgive.

Someone told me this analogy I would like to share.

If you are a cougar and you suffer a horrible wound you are going to act out accordingly...you don't have much control over your actions because of the pain......

You don't tell the cougar who is suffering in pain to get over it and forgive the transgressor who caused the pain at this point or you yourself might suffer injury...LOL

You HELP the cougar by treating the wound and allowing him to heal...this may take a week, a month, a year...depending on the wound...

If the wound is the only thing on his mind because of the pain he is in he is probably not going to even think of forgiveness...he just wants the pain to stop.

After the pain of the injury is gone he can bring it all into prospective and then the journey of forgiveness can begin.

Of course a cougar is not going to forgive anyway....so it is a lame analogy.....but I think it helps to understand why some
on here may need time to move on.

Do you really think forgiveness is just an empty hearted saying...? It is an action.

I know of someone who recently went around years later and asked for forgivness for some things. I don't think that means they have been unwilling to forgive for that whole time period or that they were full of bitterness and guile. Maybe the process of time and God's gentle wooing brought it to their attention....

I am very willing to forgive. And those that know me can attest that I have. At times I will become overwhelmed by something that happened in my past and my heart will ache all over and I will realize I need to still do some forgiving, and that I need healing.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:26 AM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony View Post

It is very easy for me to forgive someone a transgression who is not very close to me and I don't have dealings with them on an intimate level.

I have been hurt by the closest people in my life in a much deeper way. It has been a process for me to forgive.

If you are a cougar and you suffer a horrible wound you are going to act out accordingly...you don't have much control over your actions because of the pain......

You don't tell the cougar who is suffering in pain to get over it and forgive the transgressor who caused the pain at this point or you yourself might suffer injury...LOL

You HELP the cougar by treating the wound and allowing him to heal...this may take a week, a month, a year...depending on the wound...

If the wound is the only thing on his mind because of the pain he is in he is probably not going to even think of forgiveness...he just wants the pain to stop.

After the pain of the injury is gone he can bring it all into prospective and then the journey of forgiveness can begin.

Of course a cougar is not going to forgive anyway....so it is a lame analogy.....but I think it helps to understand why some

Do you really think forgiveness is just an empty hearted saying...? It is an action.

I know of someone who recently went around years later and asked for forgivness for some things. I don't think that means they have been unwilling to forgive for that whole time period or that they were full of bitterness and guile. Maybe the process of time and God's gentle wooing brought it to their attention....

I am very willing to forgive. And those that know me can attest that I have. At times I will become overwhelmed by something that happened in my past and my heart will ache all over and I will realize I need to still do some forgiving, and that I need healing.
I just saw this and must say it is awesome and filled with truth! Thank-you for this Harmony!

Blessings, Rhoni
Old 03-21-2007, 04:43 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony View Post

Man does not have the power to forget only God we can forgive we must forgive and forgive and in time the memory is fainter.