Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 02-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Registered Member

Re: McCain Is the Only Hope of the GOP & America

CH, you said "There you have it folks. Dave reveals that he would execute sinners in the United States. Dave....I know you can't see it bro. But hate filled people like you who would execute sinners is a growing problem in this country. You're distablizing our nation like the Taliban distablized Afghanistan. Hey Dave...I assume you're so holy you feel you'd have the right to pull the trigger on a homosexual?"

You have a problem with the God of the Bible? I think I'll try to live by His precepts and not by some ever changing system as yours.

- Groucho Marx
Old 02-02-2008, 01:05 PM
Registered Member

Gentlemen you're revealing your spirits....

"52And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him.
53And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
54And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?
55But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of." - Luke 9:52-55

In your right wing ferver you're loosing your Christianity. Come back to sanity and compassion.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)
Old 02-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherHall View Post
Paul wrote in Romans 13 that we are to pay our taxes. Paul teaches us that government is an institution ordained by God to serve the people.

I see taxes as "citizenship fees". There are certain benefits with citizenship and these fees cover these benefits. If you don't want to pay the fee...you don't want to be a member. If you don't want to be a member...move to some other country.
Paul also says that they are to be ministers of justice and to bear the sword.....

Again, proper Biblical taxation is no problem.....Oh! I forgot. You don't like the Bible....at least certain parts.

- Groucho Marx
Old 02-02-2008, 01:06 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReformedDave View Post
CH, you said "There you have it folks. Dave reveals that he would execute sinners in the United States. Dave....I know you can't see it bro. But hate filled people like you who would execute sinners is a growing problem in this country. You're distablizing our nation like the Taliban distablized Afghanistan. Hey Dave...I assume you're so holy you feel you'd have the right to pull the trigger on a homosexual?"

You have a problem with the God of the Bible? I think I'll try to live by His precepts and not by some ever changing system as yours.
Hmmm....let him without sin pronounce the first execution.
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 (English Standard Version)
Old 02-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Paul also says that they are to be ministers of justice and to bear the sword.....

Again, proper Biblical taxation is no problem.....Oh! I forgot. You don't like the Bible....at least certain parts.
Biblical taxes like the poor tax? Biblical social benefits like gleaning?
Old 02-02-2008, 01:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Biblical taxes like the poor tax? Biblical social benefits like gleaning?
As long as it's Biblical I have no problem.

- Groucho Marx
Old 02-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Paul also says that they are to be ministers of justice and to bear the sword......
Even more interesting is that Paul was defending the Roman Government's right to tax and use the sword. However, history will show that early Christians serving in Roman military and government were executed because they refused to draw blood.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:09 PM
Renewed

Quote:
Are you saying Peter executed Ananias and his wife? God can choose to judge whom he will. This doesn't give us the right to play God walking around executing sinners.
Now you went from talking to us in the literal sense to the spiritual sense, ..brother you can't have it both ways, The conversation was based around the fact that if there was more of God in our government there would be less problems. I believe without a doubt that people die from that very judgement. God has done so many times. Today is no different.

And the demon comment was uncalled for I believe. But I forgive you.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 02-02-2008, 01:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Hmmm....let him without sin pronounce the first execution.
The Bible states that this is the government's job and the rules are laid down in Scripture.

- Groucho Marx
Old 02-02-2008, 01:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
As long as it's Biblical I have no problem.
Dave...you've advocated executing sinners in the United States. Bro...I'll be honest here...I think you're more dangerous to my children than some daisey sniffy homo.