Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 07-02-2015, 05:52 PM
Registered Member

Walkers budget

Scott Walker's budget had last minute additions that limit public access to a legislative database. The public records law will be limited.

Walker hates the First Amendment.

Greece and Puerto Rico have massive debt problems. Walker wanted 1.3 billion in debt added to our already high debt. H would rather our fiscal health suffer than go on record as raising taxes.

The idea that increasing tax revenue to cover increased costs escapes Walker. He has no concept of responsible fiscal policy.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:23 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Re: Walkers budget

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
The idea that increasing tax revenue to cover increased costs escapes Walker. He has no concept of responsible fiscal policy.
Increasing taxes is not the best way to increase revenue. At some point, you start getting limited or even negative returns. You can only tax people so much.
Old 07-03-2015, 01:14 AM
Registered Member

I do not love increasing taxes, but expenses do rise and taxes must also rise at the same rate to pay the bills.

Since I cannot edit my post, I will say there is no connection between Walkers lack of transparency and the First Amendment.

Slipping in new laws at the last minute without any public comment or debate is typical of the Walker administration.
Old 07-03-2015, 07:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Scott Walker's budget had last minute additions that limit public access to a legislative database. The public records law will be limited.
Please post a source.

Quote:
Walker hates the First Amendment.
This again? The last time you accused Walker of this, you failed to prove it. Are you JD? JD posts a lot like you -- make a grandious claim without any proof to back it up.

Quote:
Greece and Puerto Rico have massive debt problems. Walker wanted 1.3 billion in debt added to our already high debt. He would rather our fiscal health suffer than go on record as raising taxes.

Those last two lines are hilarious. First, you bemoan that Walker refuses to increase taxes to cover bloated government spending, then you claim he has no concept of responsible fiscal policy.

So your idea of responsible fiscal policy is allowing bloated government spending to go unchecked. Just raise taxes to cover it!

How responsible.

How long have you been a liberal? This sure isn't a post a conservative, especially a fiscal conservative, would make.
Old 07-03-2015, 08:06 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
I do not love increasing taxes, but expenses do rise and taxes must also rise at the same rate to pay the bills.
Malarky. Raising taxes to cover bloated government spending is not the answer. Unless you're a liberal.

Quote:
Since I cannot edit my post, I will say there is no connection between Walkers lack of transparency and the First Amendment.
There's also no proof of either.

Quote:
Slipping in new laws at the last minute without any public comment or debate is typical of the Walker administration.
Again, proof is needed that it's Walker doing this. You make it read as though Walker is in charge all by himself; that there are no state representatives involved in the process. IMO, most of your claims and anger would be better aimed at the State Legislature and the State Senators who are the one's who submit, debate and pass the laws.
Old 07-03-2015, 03:21 PM
Registered Member

Walker is the head of the republican party. That party wants the limitation of open records laws.

The expenses of the DOT should be paid for out of increased fees related to transportation. Since Walker refuses to do so, he would rather go in debt. It is better to increase registration fees for cars than to go into needless debt.

The republicans refuse to reveal who wrote the verbiage limiting public access. The addition was incorporated the 2 days before a holiday weekend. The vote is next week. Typical republican sneaking around.

Last edited by Scott Pitta; 07-03-2015 at 04:39 PM.