Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 09-29-2007, 11:01 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrblackwell View Post
DR was going to have a booth at GC. However, becuase he was not allowed to run an add in the Herald he changed his mind. There were no hard feelings.

The Herald does have rules about beards. However, they also cannot run certain types of adds due to postal rates. The postal rate rules are set by the post office. If those rules are broken they could lose low shipping rates.

And there you have it Pianoman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see i told you so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2007, 06:32 AM
slave4him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
Did you hear that the UPC would not let wealthy businessman David Ramsey advertise in the Pentecostal Hearld NOR was he allowed to have a Booth at General Conference because he had a Beard ?????

your opinons and more information would be welcomed
I have a hard time believing this. Dave Ramsey has been in many of our churches. He attends Christ Church Nashville Tn or atleast use to. This is a former UPC church.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by slave4him View Post
I have a hard time believing this. Dave Ramsey has been in many of our churches. He attends Christ Church Nashville Tn or atleast use to. This is a former UPC church.
Dave Ramsey has not attended Christ Church Nashville for several years now but last fall he spoke at the church one Sunday kicking off an upcoming video session of his Financial Peace series that the church did on Wednesday nights.
Old 09-30-2007, 01:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Dave Ramsey has not attended Christ Church Nashville for several years now but last fall he spoke at the church one Sunday kicking off an upcoming video session of his Financial Peace series that the church did on Wednesday nights.
Does he have UPC roots?
Old 09-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
Does he have UPC roots?
No. He was a neighbor of the Hardwicks growing up and knew the Pastors sons who are about his age I think.

I am trying to remember his testimony. If I remember right he did not get into church until he was in a huge life crisis. He was big into real estate and ended up losing it all.

He got in church at Christ Church Nashville and then turned his life around by getting out of debt and becoming a believer in no credit card debt, etc.

Eventually that became Financial Peace University, his books, and his radio show.

He left CC around the time of Stan Mitchell's troubles. I have been told he was a huge fan of Dan Scott during Dan's original ten year stint as Associate Pastor at CC so I have been a little surprised he did not come back when Dan did.

There is no bad blood however and Dave has spoken at the church a couple of times over the past few years. His daughters kept coming to Christ Church after he left and I beleive did so until they left town for College.

My sons were friends with Dave's girls and one summer spent many a weekend at Dave's lake house riding jet ski's and speedboats. My kids are friends with the Ramsey family and while the daughers have been in my home numerous times I have never officially met Dave or his wife.
Old 09-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Beautiful are the feet......

Response from Dave Ramsey so far:

Quote:
I have no idea if any of this is true. If it is Debbie L. will know. Debbie?

Dave Ramsey

The Lampo Group, Inc.
Note: I left out the personal stuff!

I will post what Debbie sends me!
Old 09-30-2007, 10:25 PM
Christmas 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Griffin View Post
Humming its a small world after all.
I REMEMBER YOU!!!! I was Sherri Graham (74-77).
Old 10-01-2007, 01:33 AM
ultra con (at least here)

Remember you too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri View Post
I REMEMBER YOU!!!! I was Sherri Graham (74-77).
Will PM
Old 10-07-2007, 05:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Griffin View Post
mumbling to self, something about engaging in battle of wits with an unarmed person. LOL

Tim, never would have recognized yah, course I kinda look like Santa now myself. I will accept the tiddly-winks because of my Red China crack, however I was and am master of the chess board.

PM me sometime, let me know what cha been up do man!!!!

Rick is good, preaches jail ministry in Apopka, (along with Kirby). Rick had a couple get Holy Ghost week or so ago.
Griffin, what do you mean you look like Santa Claus NOW?

You looked like Santa Claus 32 years ago.

What have I been up to?

Oh yeah, you threw me off with that "he HELPED edit."

I forgot you were a one-year wonder.

Because the next year (when your brother showed up in your stead) I was editor of the whole enchilada - such as it was.

After grad in 1978, I evangelized 8 and one-half years.

Pastored 4 and 1/2.

Had two great kids out of a marriage that was mostly pure hell but because of the kids, I'd do it all over again the same way.

Debated, spoke at the 1990 Oneness Symposium with Hall, Bernard, Urshan and the other usual suspects. Wrote a little and served in a couple district offices.

Divorced in 1992, got in the car business.

Was sales manager and finance manager at John Decker Lincoln-Mercury for 14 years until a corporate buyout in 2004.

Moved to Baton Rouge and worked for a complete idiot trying to be general sales manager of a couple dealerships rife with nepotism, cronyism and general incompetence.

Came back to Alexandria in 2006 where I am now a humble car salesman at the local Toyota dealership.

I spend my days twiddling my thumbs and trying to get a couple kids through college.

Wolfe helped me out some; I sing bass in the Red River Chorale, the most elite group of singers in central Louisiana.

Well hey, it beats being the piano player in a non respectable place.

How in the world did you end up in Houston?

I do make it over there on occasion. I think Westheimer is one of the most exciting streets in the world.

I'm just now to the point where I think I could find a bit of satisfaction going to church again - DEFINITELY with more structure, liturgy, history and tradition than what I came out of.

Uh ... you?
Old 10-09-2007, 12:27 AM
www.capitalcommunity.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by timlan2057 View Post
Griffin, what do you mean you look like Santa Claus NOW?

You looked like Santa Claus 32 years ago.

What have I been up to?

Oh yeah, you threw me off with that "he HELPED edit."

I forgot you were a one-year wonder.

Because the next year (when your brother showed up in your stead) I was editor of the whole enchilada - such as it was.

After grad in 1978, I evangelized 8 and one-half years.

Pastored 4 and 1/2.

Had two great kids out of a marriage that was mostly pure hell but because of the kids, I'd do it all over again the same way.

Debated, spoke at the 1990 Oneness Symposium with Hall, Bernard, Urshan and the other usual suspects. Wrote a little and served in a couple district offices.

Divorced in 1992, got in the car business.

Was sales manager and finance manager at John Decker Lincoln-Mercury for 14 years until a corporate buyout in 2004.

Moved to Baton Rouge and worked for a complete idiot trying to be general sales manager of a couple dealerships rife with nepotism, cronyism and general incompetence.

Came back to Alexandria in 2006 where I am now a humble car salesman at the local Toyota dealership.

I spend my days twiddling my thumbs and trying to get a couple kids through college.

Wolfe helped me out some; I sing bass in the Red River Chorale, the most elite group of singers in central Louisiana.

Well hey, it beats being the piano player in a non respectable place.

How in the world did you end up in Houston?

I do make it over there on occasion. I think Westheimer is one of the most exciting streets in the world.

I'm just now to the point where I think I could find a bit of satisfaction going to church again - DEFINITELY with more structure, liturgy, history and tradition than what I came out of.

Uh ... you?
This sentence blew me away! Tim, that is an amazing thing to say, kudos for thinking of your kids like that, wow!