Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters > Branhamism
Facebook

Notices

Branhamism Discussion of distinctive doctrines of William M. Branham.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Registered Member

Re: Biblical guide for a "church service"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
Oh heres a surprise.. before the service... people are gathered in prayer.. tongues goes forth.. someone interprets and God says

"tonight there will be a visitor amoung you,, she needs to know that I love her etc, etc... now theres a GOD SURPRISE
Actually a surprise would be "tonight there will be a visitor among you, she needs to know I hate her"... now that would be a God Surprise
Old 05-28-2008, 11:44 PM
Grasshopper

Quote:
Grasshopper.. it is indeed one of my giftings.
Then you should know better than all this mumbo jumbo. lol
Old 05-28-2008, 11:45 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Encryptus.. you missed the point....

I was saying if God spoke before the service the exact details of a visitor and he had a very specific message for them.... that would be more suprising than giving the message during the service with the visitor there.. for the visitor that God knew before they came that they would be there.. and he cared enough to tell his people about them through toungues and interpretation
Grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielR View Post
I have been to services like this, and in my opinion it's better than the typical church service. I learn alot more in this early church structure than today's modern structure.
Me too. I think the IC is missing out.
Dr. Vaughn

Grasshopper of course not..... actually I am saying we MUST HAVE interpretation in the services or there should be NO TONGUES
Old 05-28-2008, 11:53 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Encryptus.. you missed the point....

I was saying if God spoke before the service the exact details of a visitor and he had a very specific message for them.... that would be more suprising than giving the message during the service with the visitor there.. for the visitor that God knew before they came that they would be there.. and he cared enough to tell his people about them through toungues and interpretation
Actually I got the point Stevie Ray, was just amused by the example, it would be a sad thing if church needed tongues and interpretation to be know that a visitor should made aware that God loves them.

I think you are missing the point, tongues are a sign for the unbeliever 1 Corinthians 14:22

22Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not, but for them which believe.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:54 PM
You are called unto liberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grasshopper View Post
Me too. I think the IC is missing out.
In the last two churches that I attended, the mens meeting was set up in that fashion. I love it, it's better than sunday service.
Old 05-28-2008, 11:54 PM
Grasshopper

Quote:
Grasshopper of course not..... actually I am saying we MUST HAVE interpretation in the services or there should be NO TONGUES
That's not what Paul said. Paul warned them not to forbid speaking in tongues. The point was that there was to be order "in the church". A time of personal prayer, praise, and worship prior to teaching where people are free to pray in tongues us perfectly fine. But eventually they were to remain quiet and allow the prophets to speak and teach. No more than three elders were to do this at a time and they each had to respect each other and wait in turn if another spoke. As they dialogued with the church body Paul didn't want anyone interrupting in tongues without an interpretation.

Tell me...if Paul commanded that tongues only be used with an interpreter and they were to be limited to three...how many are speaking in tongues and prophesying here...and where's the interpreter????

Acts 19:1-7
1And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain disciples,
2He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether there be any Holy Ghost.
3And he said unto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism.
4Then said Paul, John verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people, that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.
5When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
6And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
7And all the men were about twelve.

Wow...Paul must have forgotten his own instructions! LOLOLOL
Old 05-29-2008, 12:04 AM
Dr. Vaughn

Grasshopper.. why put oranges with apples?

This was an evangelistic endeavor,, outside the confines of a church setting... this was done outside of the church.. there was no gathering for instruction... two total seperate settings

Grasshopper,, you are laughing waay to soon

We are talking about CHURCH ORDER.. this setting is OUTSIDE THE CHURCH
Old 05-29-2008, 12:06 AM
Registered Member

Dr. Vaughn = Wannabe Pentecostal Preacher.