Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Library > Café Blog-a-bit
Facebook

Notices

Café Blog-a-bit Our own cozy coffeehouse to congregate and share.

Old 08-24-2009, 11:00 PM
Don't ask.

Re: Timmy Talk

Oh, great. Now I keep feeling phantom scorpions crawling on my feet, arms, neck.
Hebrews 13:23 Know ye that our brother Timothy is set at liberty

More New Stuff in Timmy Talk!
My Countdown Counting down to: Rapture. Again.
Why am I not surprised?
Old 08-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Don't ask.

727 views.

From wiki:

727 is a "prime number, palindromic prime, Lucky prime"

What's a lucky prime? From wiki:

"A lucky prime is a lucky number that is prime."

What's a luck number (in mathematics)? From wiki:

"In number theory, a lucky number is a natural number in a set which is generated by a "sieve" similar to the Sieve of Eratosthenes that generates the primes."

What's a ..... oh, you look it up!

Why am I not surprised?
Old 08-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Registered Member

Timmy I have a topic for ya...How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop.....
Old 08-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWSS1976 View Post
Timmy I have a topic for ya...How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop.....
Too easy. "The world may never know."

Next?

Why am I not surprised?
Old 08-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Registered Member

How are the sting marks today Timmy?

I have had many opportunities to be stung by those critters, but somehow haven't been hit yet. The other night I heard a "plop" on the bed and instinctively swept whatever it was off on the floor. It hit me that it might be a scorpion and turned on the light, yep it was a scorpion that fell from the ceiling. Ugh!
Old 08-25-2009, 12:54 PM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekingOne View Post
How are the sting marks today Timmy?

I have had many opportunities to be stung by those critters, but somehow haven't been hit yet. The other night I heard a "plop" on the bed and instinctively swept whatever it was off on the floor. It hit me that it might be a scorpion and turned on the light, yep it was a scorpion that fell from the ceiling. Ugh!
One of them has some redness. The others are hardly noticeable, and none of them have pain or itch or anything now. I put Carmex on them right away, and that may have helped. (Next time, I'll just treat some of them, so I can find out if that's what did it!) The one that's still red was the one that stayed sore the longest. That was the first sting, so probably had the most venom.

Carmex is great stuff, btw. We've used it for years on ant bites. And that's not even its advertised function: it's a lip balm!

Caveat: if you are allergic, I'm pretty sure Carmex won't help. Use the EpiPen or whatever first, then the carmex.

Why am I not surprised?
Old 08-25-2009, 01:44 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
One of them has some redness. The others are hardly noticeable, and none of them have pain or itch or anything now. I put Carmex on them right away, and that may have helped. (Next time, I'll just treat some of them, so I can find out if that's what did it!) The one that's still red was the one that stayed sore the longest. That was the first sting, so probably had the most venom.

Carmex is great stuff, btw. We've used it for years on ant bites. And that's not even its advertised function: it's a lip balm!

Caveat: if you are allergic, I'm pretty sure Carmex won't help. Use the EpiPen or whatever first, then the carmex.
Thanks for the tip on using Carmex! I will have to buy some, we kill scorpions all the time in our house.

By the way, ammonia works on bee / wasp stings so it might work on scorpion stings if you apply it right way.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
OK, since my last topic was both lame and late, here's next week's topic, six days early. And maybe not quite as lame. We'll see.

Pain

A couple of hours ago, I was changing into my jeans so I could mow the grass. Safety first, you know. I was wearing shorts, and the yard (not a lawn by any stretch!) is rocky, and the mower can fling things. Anyway, as I was pulling on my jeans, I felt a sharp pain on my wrist. Ow! What the! Then another one on my finger. I realized: scorpion! Shook it off, still not actually seeing it, looking all around for it. Shook my jeans out (having promptly reversed the task of putting them on!), which is where it had been waiting for me, I guess. Couldn't spot it anywhere. Then, zap! Another sting on my neck! Must have flung it there from my finger.

Finally got that little monster onto the floor where I could dispatch it. With my belt. (Handiest thing I could find.)

Pain? Oh, man! I've been stung by bees and wasps, many times, but this was like all of them combined! Of course, it could have been worse. Much, much worse. Did I mention that thing was on my jeans?
Isn't this a really good reason NOT to live in Texas?
Old 08-26-2009, 07:15 AM
Don't ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmatist View Post
Isn't this a really good reason NOT to live in Texas?
Got to admit, I'm starting to wonder.

Why am I not surprised?
Old 08-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
727 views.

You gotta wonder if Boeing painted those clouds yellow, pink, and blue to get folks to fly in their planes!
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear