Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-06-2014, 06:29 PM
Registered Member

Oil, USD and Russia

Here is something I have had in the back of my mind ever since this Russian thing started. The Dollar has been used in oil trading worldwide until Russia started selling oil to China in the Yuan. I can't help but think this has something to do with the whole Russia issue. When the USD is used as the world's reserve currency and all oil is traded in USD, the federal reserve and US has great control over many things but when the dollar is removed and begins to lose some purchasing power, this can have catastrophic effects. Since the US government has been printing the USD practically into oblivion, some countries are losing confidence and trying to remove themselves from the dollar.

http://www.moneynews.com/Advani/Syri...9/25/id/527553

http://www.kitco.com/ind/AuthenticMoney/20120601.html

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 03-06-2014, 07:39 PM
On the road less traveled

Re: Oil, USD and Russia

I think there are many different things playing into this scenario with Russia and the Crimea/Ukraine, and this certainly has to be playing a big factor into this.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Registered Member

I saw a presentation a few years ago by an investment advisor on this . If the USD was removed as currency for oil and/or China would call in some of our debt the result would be catastrophic. Of course the stock market would react to all this and our world could changed rather dramatically almost overnight.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Banned

yyyup
Old 03-06-2014, 08:10 PM
Registered Saint

I just hope Bitcoin doesn't collapse!!!
Old 03-07-2014, 06:03 AM
Not riding the train

Russia supplies Europe with 30% of it’s energy needs. An oil boom in the US could pose a real threat to Russia on that score. 30% is only a little more leverage for Russia, it’s a quasi monopoly.

Being that production here has gone up, it gives Europe a bargaining chip while they consider that Russia has cut off and slowed energy supplies before.

Right now, the US doesn’t have the infrastructure to export gas, everything is built to import. We can signal to Russia that we are going to come in as a major player. Just making that business plan could make Russia treat it’s customers better.

We have a lot of oil and gas in the US and can use that leverage, more aggressively, in the fight between the environmentalists and the companies that want to make money exporting oil and gas.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Russia supplies Europe with 30% of it’s energy needs. An oil boom in the US could pose a real threat to Russia on that score. 30% is only a little more leverage for Russia, it’s a quasi monopoly.

Being that production here has gone up, it gives Europe a bargaining chip while they consider that Russia has cut off and slowed energy supplies before.

Right now, the US doesn’t have the infrastructure to export gas, everything is built to import. We can signal to Russia that we are going to come in as a major player. Just making that business plan could make Russia treat it’s customers better.

We have a lot of oil and gas in the US and can use that leverage, more aggressively, in the fight between the environmentalists and the companies that want to make money exporting oil and gas.
That's some interesting things you wrote, PO. Because I believe most wars are economic in nature, I am always interested into how the money ties in and that is usually more behind the scenes than the rest of the news.

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~
Old 03-07-2014, 09:02 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILG View Post
That's some interesting things you wrote, PO. Because I believe most wars are economic in nature, I am always interested into how the money ties in and that is usually more behind the scenes than the rest of the news.
Right, follow the money.

Saw another video (Cato) that ties in without actually mentioning oil - exports/imports. Thought you'd be interested.

U.S. Antidumping Rules Kill American Jobs
Old 03-07-2014, 09:13 AM
Sister Alvear

very interesting...

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear
Old 03-07-2014, 10:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Right, follow the money.

Saw another video (Cato) that ties in without actually mentioning oil - exports/imports. Thought you'd be interested.

U.S. Antidumping Rules Kill American Jobs
Thanks for sharing, PO. It is always hard to understand the thinking behind so many policies. That was interesting.