Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 03-06-2008, 12:38 PM
The Eyes of the Lord

What happened to my marriage...

Yes,

I guess while reading the thread about Bishop Weeks book, I feel the need to share with my AFF family what happened with my marriage.

I met William on the Apostolic Singles Network over a year ago. We courted online and visited each other for about three months, then he proposed to me, and I accepted.

William was an elder of a church in Arkansas. He has four kids by a previous marriage residing there, so his moving to the ATL was out. So after we eloped someplace very reclusive in Oklahoma, I went to ATL got my kids and we relocated to Arkansas.

Online, William portrayed himself to be the perfect Apostolic. I checked him out and could find nothing incriminating on him.

But once the kids and I moved to Arkansas, things changed. For the worst.

His church turned out to be non Denominational. He still held to the standards and what not. But we all lived in a 2 bedroom apt....him myself and 7 kids!!!

Then there was baby mama drama. I caught him on the phone telling her he still had feelings for her, after I had married him and left everything, uprooted my kids yet again to be with him.

Then blending the blended family wasn't as easy as expected. His kids made life for my kids living he _ _!

Finances were tight. The church was failing. We started getting in arguments when I started going to Apostolic churches. In his words, it was embarassing for him being well known in the area and his wife supporting another ministry.

Things came to a head when my oldest son got frustrated and actually had a physical altercation with William. William asked us to leave and locked us out the house with nowhere to go.

Area pastors heard of our plight and pooled their resouces and put us up in a really nice hotel for a week and paid for me to come back home to the N.O. area.

I didn't want things to turn out the way they did. In spite of the challenges, I begged William to take us back, but he wouldn't.

My oldest son has no faith in the ministry or preachers now.

We are now divorced and the last time I talked to William I told him I had no hard feelings for how things turned out.

But as an apostle friend of mine told me, you are a woman of God. And William is going to pay for what he did to you and those kids.

I don't have time neither do I fret myself over it. We married too soon, I guess.

I just thought that because I met him on our grounds, so to speak, on an Apostolic Singles Forum, that he would be fine and things would turn out great....

The kids and I are fine now. William and I are divorced, and last I heard his ex has stripped him of any visitation rights or parental authority of his kids.

The church has closed down.

And he lost his apartment.

God help him wherever he is....
Old 03-06-2008, 12:40 PM
The Eyes of the Lord

Re: What happened to my marriage...

And NO I am not sharing this to build my so called ministry or whatever.

Since this is another Apostolic forum, I guess I am sharing details here as sort of a warning.

Just because someone has the label doesn't mean they have the goods, ya heard?

The guys who run that forum of there are great and it is a great place to fellowship. Just be careful

Folks can portray themselves to be anything they want online...even in a Christian forum...

God Bless
Old 03-06-2008, 12:41 PM
^ = A_Post-Modern

I really sorry this happened to you. I really am. I pray God's blessing and healing on you and your kids.
"Most human beings are not able to stand the message of the shaking of foundations. They reject and attack the prophetic minds, not because they really disagree with them, but because they sense the truth of their words and cannot receive it." Paul Tillich
Old 03-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Registered Member

sorry about that dear friend, i will pray for you, i sense a good heart, and the lord aint done with you yet, sis, prayin, dt
Old 03-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Registered Member

I am sorry to hear about this as well. If there is a bright side, it is that it seemed to happen relatively quick and didn't take 10-20 years of your life before you were able to move on.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:56 PM
Registered Member

Sorry to hear of this.
Old 03-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
I am sorry to hear about this as well. If there is a bright side, it is that it seemed to happen relatively quick and didn't take 10-20 years of your life before you were able to move on.
and more children, as so often happens...
Old 03-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodsBabyGirl View Post
And NO I am not sharing this to build my so called ministry or whatever.

Since this is another Apostolic forum, I guess I am sharing details here as sort of a warning.

Just because someone has the label doesn't mean they have the goods, ya heard?

The guys who run that forum of there are great and it is a great place to fellowship. Just be careful

Folks can portray themselves to be anything they want online...even in a Christian forum...

God Bless
Oh snap! And I thought you were goin on TBN next week....seriously though sister I am sorry this happened to you and your kids.

I just hope your son will realize that one bad apple does not spoil the whole bunch...there are other wonderful Apostolic men out there, but they are not all "ministers"

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:01 PM
Incredible India

That is just horrible you had to go through all that.

He wasnt right in locking you and your kids out of your apartment.

Thank God for those other folks that helped you out.

It sounds like you all are safe now--and I will be praying for you all.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Sorry for what happened. I know that godly women trying to raise kids on their own are looking for godly men and sometimes their hearts get ahead of their heads when it looks like they have met someone that can be there for them. I will be praying for you and more importantly your son, that he realizes God is true even when people are not.