Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Search For Similiar Threads Using Key Words & Phrases
criticism, holder, politics, republican, terror

Old 02-04-2010, 07:14 PM
Registered Member

He's Not Doing It Right...(whatever)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100204/...airline_terror

For the knucklheads who wanted to take an unprecedented heavy-handed approach to cracking the latest terror nut, looks like Holder's decision to not be so heavy-handed may pay off.
Old 02-04-2010, 11:15 PM
Registered Member

Re: He's Not Doing It Right...(whatever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post

For the knucklheads who wanted to take an unprecedented heavy-handed approach to cracking the latest terror nut, looks like Holder's decision to not be so heavy-handed may pay off.
Well, we might just give you one (1) and only one, for the Dems and Holder, it does appear that some things might be going good.

As far as knuckleheads, i did not know that Obama was wanting to take that heavy handed approach. He is the best known knucklehead that we know.

Old 02-05-2010, 12:22 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Quote:
#1 how many weeks went by before he squealed? I'm sure enough time for his ppl to relocate, close up shop, disappear. Old intelligence is better than no intelligence, but fresh intelligence is best.

#2 how many terrorists will have families that we can pursuade to come and talk them in to cooperating?

#3 Obama is risking intelligence to score political points. They've had a rough couple weeks since the Mass election. They needed to have some good press. So they release that the kid is talking. Ask any intelligence officer. You don't want the enemy to know their guy is talking. Stupid move.

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:27 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacon blues View Post
#1 how many weeks went by before he squealed? I'm sure enough time for his ppl to relocate, close up shop, disappear. Old intelligence is better than no intelligence, but fresh intelligence is best.

#2 how many terrorists will have families that we can pursuade to come and talk them in to cooperating?

#3 Obama is risking intelligence to score political points. They've had a rough couple weeks since the Mass election. They needed to have some good press. So they release that the kid is talking. Ask any intelligence officer. You don't want the enemy to know their guy is talking. Stupid move.
Bingo..

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:54 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

Robert Gibbs said today that Senator Kit Bond should apologize for asserting that the BO White House released info about Abdulmutallab

“After telling me to keep my mouth shut, the White House discloses sensitive information in an effort to defend a dangerous and unpopular decision to Mirandize Abdulmutallab and I’m supposed to apologize?” Mr. Bond said in a statement.
Mr. Bond sent a letter to the White House suggesting that the administration disclosed for political gain that Mr. Abdulmutallab had begun cooperating with authorities last week. Mr. Bond said he had been told the information was confidential and was surprised to learn the White House held a briefing on the case Tuesday evening.

“F.B.I. officials stressed the importance of not disclosing the fact of his cooperation in order to protect on-going and follow-up operations to neutralize additional threats to the American public,” wrote Mr. Bond, a Missouri Republican. “F.B.I. Director Bob Mueller personally stressed to me that keeping the fact of his cooperation quiet was vital to preventing future attacks against the United States.”

Mr. Bond added that the “release of this sensitive information has no doubt been helpful” to Mr. Abdulmutallab’s “terrorist cohorts around the world.”

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:58 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

So the WH releases vital information about this ... against FBI request ... just to try and get a bump in approval ratings.

Idiots. If there's one thing worse than a dove in the WH, it's a one who can't keep a secret in order to score political points.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:51 AM
Registered Member

Jermyn did call him a knucklehead! LOL
Old 02-05-2010, 12:39 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
Jermyn did call him a knucklehead! LOL
No he called everyone else knucklheads for suggesting the military or CIA should have gotten that guy to interrogate and water board

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 02-05-2010, 01:58 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJJ View Post
Well, we might just give you one (1) and only one, for the Dems and Holder, it does appear that some things might be going good.

As far as knuckleheads, i did not know that Obama was wanting to take that heavy handed approach. He is the best known knucklehead that we know.

just to be clear. i dont agree.

Holder was wrong to marandize him.

this is an enemy combatant and should be treated as such. He should not have access to the American Judicial system. period.

whatever information we may now be getting has nothing to do with the right manner to treat a foreign national enemy combatant terrorist.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:01 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
So the WH releases vital information about this ... against FBI request ... just to try and get a bump in approval ratings.

Idiots. If there's one thing worse than a dove in the WH, it's a one who can't keep a secret in order to score political points.
Exactly!

A POLITICAL decision to release senstive information HAD to be made to cover for the very bad policy decision by the president and Holder.

Had this guy been treated properly. (Enemy Combatant status) This would never have happened.

EC status does not mean we should have waterboarded the guy.

Further, the argument that the right wanted the guy to be beat up and waterboarded is FALSE on its face.

The argument has always been that the terrorist should be treated like one. It is about POLICY.