Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-23-2019, 03:35 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Tongues- A sign or THE sign Of Spirit Infillin

Telephone (n.)

1835, "system for conveying words over distance by musical notes" (devised in 1828 by French composer Jean-François Sudré (1787-1862); each tone played over several octaves represented a letter of the alphabet), from French téléphone (c. 1830), from télé- "far" (see tele-) + phone "sound, voice," from PIE root *bha- (2) "to speak, tell, say." Sudré's system never proved practical. Also used of other apparatus early 19c., including "instrument similar to a foghorn for signaling from ship to ship" (1844). The electrical communication tool was first described in modern form by Philip Reis (1861); developed by Scottish-born inventor Alexander Graham Bell (1847-1922) and so called by him from 1876.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:36 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
Based on my aging memory , one could argue that John never wrote or mentioned or referred to glosslalia at all.

But I could be wrong.

I see no indicators in Jn. 3:8 that insist that "sound" refers specifically to any unique thing at all, let alone words.
That's a great possibility.
Old 07-23-2019, 03:57 PM
New User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterrey View Post
Why oh why won't AFF add a like button?

Man, we ought to picket or something.
Like buttons are for Facebook
Old 07-23-2019, 03:58 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Evang.Benincasa, you mean to tell me there are spirited fruit in our forum?

I am shocked!! Shocked I tell you!!

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.
Old 07-23-2019, 04:59 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Just reading the opening of the thread...

Interesting questions and discussion. I’ll share my thoughts a bit later... But, I would like to ask a few questions as well... (sorry James Glen!)

1. Are there some reading here that believe only Oneness Pentecostals are (or have ever been for that matter) in the body of Christ?

2. Do you believe there are those who, though not in the body of Christ, are given Eternal Life by any other means. (For this question, let’s exclude the Old Testament contingency and infants/children etc.. Thanks!)

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves

Last edited by Hoovie; 07-23-2019 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 06:32 PM
Registered Member

Early Oneness Pentecostals were shy about this topic.

Haywood never had a policy or statement about this issue.

But, Morse and Bartleman had no problem ministering along with trinitarians.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:08 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Pitta View Post
Early Oneness Pentecostals were shy about this topic.

Haywood never had a policy or statement about this issue.

But, Morse and Bartleman had no problem ministering along with trinitarians.
Well, thank Jesus that they are as much examples as Joel Olsteen and Benny Hinn.

The example should be book, chapter, and verse.

Makes sense? Of course, because when reading about these guys some weren’t clear on soteriology. Let alone anything else.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:31 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post
Just reading the opening of the thread...

Interesting questions and discussion. I’ll share my thoughts a bit later... But, I would like to ask a few questions as well... (sorry James Glen!)

1. Are there some reading here that believe only Oneness Pentecostals are (or have ever been for that matter) in the body of Christ?

2. Do you believe there are those who, though not in the body of Christ, are given Eternal Life by any other means. (For this question, let’s exclude the Old Testament contingency and infants/children etc.. Thanks!)
Let’s make it way easier, and forget the label.

Can one be in the Body of Christ without the correct soteriology and theology.

Does it matter if Jesus is God, or a god, or not God at all.

Is baptism in titles, Jesus name, or no name matter.

Infilling with tongues, no tongues matter.

United States Churchanity spread throughout the world as opinions. Pilate’s words of what is truth hasn’t changed. Because the whole head is sick, and therefore the body is in intensive care. The road is narrow for a reason, the gate is tight for a reason. Because only few will ever find it. Churchanity wants everyone and everything to come along. No one is left out, the way is broad and the gate is open like a huge airport hanger. In this way, many will enter in.
Edward Bernays would be proud.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:07 PM
Apostolic Pentecostal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post

#1 I believe that anyone who has repented of their sins, baptized in the name of Jesus, and received the Holy Ghost are in the body. So while in our modern history, we are referred to as "Oneness Pentecostals", I believe that Christ has always had a church.

#2 Currently there is no salvation outside of Acts 2:38, which is the only response to the Gospel

Visit me at www.jonathandtalbot.blogspot.com.

Last edited by Jay; 07-23-2019 at 11:49 PM.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:28 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
#1 I believe that anyone who has repented of their sins, baptized in the name of Jesus, and received the Holy Ghost are in the body. So while in our modern history, we are referred to as "Oneness Pentecostals", I believe that Christ has always had a church.

#2 Cureenly the is no salvation outside of Acts 2:38, which is the only response to the Gospel
Thank you for answering!

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves