Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 08-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Blessed and Highly Favored

Obama/Biden

Well it looks like Joe Biden will be Obama's running mate. That's not surprising news. We will have to wait until next Friday as to who will be Mc Cain's running mate.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:14 PM
Registered Member

Re: Obama/Biden

The talk is that Romney will be McCain's pic. What do you think?
Old 08-23-2008, 05:41 AM
arbitrary subjective label

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1399 View Post
I think the VERY BEST choice would be George Allen.

Romney is still a wise choice, at least as wise as Obama's pick of Biden was unwise . . .

Although, if I had been asked to predict it yesterday, I would have predicted Indiana's own senator and former governor Evan Bayh. I heard that the Obama campaign was going to be in downtown Indianapolis this Sunday. Bayh would have been a good choice for Obama, but I don't think, in the long run, that Obama would have been a good choice for Bayh. Bayh has the genuine qualifications to run for president himself, and may be considering that in the future.

Despite today's rising cost of living, it remains popular.

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried." - Sir Winston Churchill

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Sir Winston Churchill

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin
Old 08-23-2008, 08:13 AM
Registered Member

The republicans, me being one, could not be happier with Obama's choice.

Click below and see what Biden says about both Mccain and Obama.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NVlGInKG_8

Doctrine makes a wonderful servant but a horrible master!

Old 08-23-2008, 08:40 AM

I love this choice, Obamination (thanks Ferd, this is great!) just admitted he knows NOTHING about foreign policy.

I hope every Republican, those who are refusing to vote, and those on the fence stand up and take notice, that someone who has NO experience running or managing ANYTHING has just admitted he is not qualified to be president.

There is no on the job training while being president.

Don't let the press win, lets keep Obamination in the Senate.

I am just waiting now for Biden to say something stupid...
Old 08-23-2008, 01:31 PM
Blessed and Highly Favored

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1399 View Post

I hope it is Romney. Actually Romney was my choice for president. Obama/Biden, waiting for one of them to say something stupid. I am waiting for a few good laughs
Old 08-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Registered Member

I think Biden's wife Jill who has her Doctorate and is an educator is going to be a great asset to him...His first wife and infant daughter were killed in a car accident back in the 70s. ...Two sons survived and recovered from injuries. I think after Hillary, Biden is the wisest choice. (Not saying I am voting for them..lol ...but I do think BO picked a person who will help the Democratic ticket.) Biden has more time in the Senate than McCain and experience in foreign relations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden

http://www.flickr.com/photos/joebiden/375043431/

http://www.rightpundits.com/?p=1901

http://fitnessblog.dallasnews.com/ar...ncer-awar.html
Old 08-23-2008, 08:43 PM
arbitrary subjective label

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
I love this choice, Obamination (thanks Ferd, this is great!) just admitted he knows NOTHING about foreign policy.

I hope every Republican, those who are refusing to vote, and those on the fence stand up and take notice, that someone who has NO experience running or managing ANYTHING has just admitted he is not qualified to be president.

There is no on the job training while being president.
Those of us who are considering other options than the big R, have not failed to notice that Obama is thoroughly unprepared to be an executive decision maker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
Don't let the press win, lets keep Obamination in the Senate....
The press has ALREADY WON; their choice for the Republican nominee is waiting with open arms for those running fearfully from the thought of a neophyte communist with probable mafia ties running our country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkLady View Post
(Not saying I am voting for them..lol ...but I do think BO picked a person who will help the Democratic ticket.) Biden has more time in the Senate than McCain and experience in foreign relations.
I disagree. Obama should have picked a governor. Biden may be an experienced politician, and an experienced legislator, but he, just like Obama, is not an experienced executive.

Take a look at Biden's "question" during the Roberts hearing. That sort of egotistical, narcissistic bloviating is the chief strength of senators.

I'm not even sure that we have ever had a ticket with two senators on it. That might be an interesting angle.

Despite today's rising cost of living, it remains popular.

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried." - Sir Winston Churchill

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Sir Winston Churchill

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin