Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 09-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Registered Member

Latest Forward Magazine

Did anyone get the latest UPC Minister's Forward Magazine? I'm in St Louis and my wife just called me about it, an article by DB on hair and another article about bashing the manual. She only read a few lines and it upset her, another twisted article on uncut hair. Yes, I'm a UPC preacher and didn't sign up with the WEDECLARE to keep the manual and ignore the Bible club.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:50 PM
Banned

Re: Latest Forward Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleypreacher View Post
Did anyone get the latest UPC Minister's Forward Magazine? I'm in St Louis and my wife just called me about it, an article by DB on hair and another article about bashing the manual. She only read a few lines and it upset her, another twisted article on uncut hair. Yes, I'm a UPC preacher and didn't sign up with the WEDECLARE to keep the manual and ignore the Bible club.
I haven't gotten a copy yet. I understand DS wrote about uncut hair in it. Anxious to hear what he says. Someone can provide excerpts maybe? I'm sure there's no electronic publishing of that magazine.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
I haven't gotten a copy yet. I understand DS wrote about uncut hair in it. Anxious to hear what he says. Someone can provide excerpts maybe? I'm sure there's no electronic publishing of that magazine.
I've been looking forward to this as well. I sent D. Bernard an email a few weeks ago (Cut, Shorn and Shaved: http://www.apostolicfriendsforum.com...d.php?t=25640) and his personal assistant directed me to this upcoming edition.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

I am not sure where the rub is....The article written by both authors was well written. It seems to me to be a very good article about some principals we need to have regarding hair and our UPCI manual.

I would agree with both article writers....
Old 09-29-2009, 04:38 PM
Banned

Rub? Is someone upset? I'm not.

I am anxious to read the articles. Hoping for new information, something challenging.
Old 09-29-2009, 04:52 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Rub? Is someone upset? I'm not.

I am anxious to read the articles. Hoping for new information, something challenging.
Not sure that you will find that much new information regarding the uncut hair scripture setting. However, Bro. DB does reference contemporary scholars and their agreement with having uncut hair.

I think you will appreciate where the author is coming from on the Manual....People talk about it being to big and the straw that broke the camels back...But he weighted the Manual and it is only 9 ounces. Less than a ribeye steak for dinner....He had a good approach....I agree with both....
Old 09-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO Preacher View Post
Not sure that you will find that much new information regarding the uncut hair scripture setting. However, Bro. DB does reference contemporary scholars and their agreement with having uncut hair.

I think you will appreciate where the author is coming from on the Manual....People talk about it being to big and the straw that broke the camels back...But he weighted the Manual and it is only 9 ounces. Less than a ribeye steak for dinner....He had a good approach....I agree with both....
Which contemporary scholars are saying 1 Corinthians is about having uncut hair?? Wow... that would new information.

By the way, I saw the original poster said his wife got twisted up, so that explains who was upset. Sorry about that.
Old 09-29-2009, 05:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Which contemporary scholars are saying 1 Corinthians is about having uncut hair?? Wow... that would new information.

By the way, I saw the original poster said his wife got twisted up, so that explains who was upset. Sorry about that.
The author quotes Today's English Version.
Robert Gundry
Bruce Malina
Bart Ehrman
Edith Castelli
Old 09-29-2009, 05:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO Preacher View Post
The author quotes Today's English Version.
Robert Gundry
Bruce Malina
Bart Ehrman
Edith Castelli
Wow, I need to look at this. This is really new information. Non-UPC, scholars claiming 1 Cor 11 is about uncut hair??? Am I hearing this right?
Old 09-29-2009, 05:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Wow, I need to look at this. This is really new information. Non-UPC, scholars claiming 1 Cor 11 is about uncut hair??? Am I hearing this right?
Three of the five directly discuss I Cor 11....The other two call it Paul's teaching....implied toward I Cor..11

I guess a question for admin...Can the article be scanned in and posted to this page?

That way you can read it for yourselves....????