Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-22-2018, 09:46 AM
Originalist Originalist is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,829
My Father-in-law has suffered a stroke.

Agustin Gomez. 63. He lives in Mexico. We depleted our meager savings to see him over the holidays. I knew it would destroy us financially to do so, but for my wife's sake I'm glad we did. My wife is devastated. My Mother-in law needs her daughter. We have 2 young girls in school. I'm in graduate school. We need our Father's strong hand. Thank you for praying.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-22-2018, 09:48 AM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 46,957
Re: My Father-in-law has suffered a stroke.

Will be praying for all. My father passed away at 63 - it is too young!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-22-2018, 10:20 AM
Amanah's Avatar
Amanah Amanah is offline
One Thing-Phil 3:13-14


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sebastian, FL
Posts: 6,293
Re: My Father-in-law has suffered a stroke.

praying for your family, health and finances.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-22-2018, 12:23 PM
Sister Alvear's Avatar
Sister Alvear Sister Alvear is offline
Sister Alvear


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Brazil, SA
Posts: 26,382
Re: My Father-in-law has suffered a stroke.

praying
__________________
Monies to help us may be sent to P.O. Box 797, Jonesville, La 71343.

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Visit our site:
http://safmcathedralofpraise.org/default.htm
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-22-2018, 02:50 PM
MawMaw's Avatar
MawMaw MawMaw is offline
of 8!! :)


 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: South
Posts: 5,268
Re: My Father-in-law has suffered a stroke.

Prayers for your family!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-22-2018, 06:26 PM
Evang.Benincasa's Avatar
Evang.Benincasa Evang.Benincasa is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 28,646
Re: My Father-in-law has suffered a stroke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Agustin Gomez. 63. He lives in Mexico. We depleted our meager savings to see him over the holidays. I knew it would destroy us financially to do so, but for my wife's sake I'm glad we did. My wife is devastated. My Mother-in law needs her daughter. We have 2 young girls in school. I'm in graduate school. We need our Father's strong hand. Thank you for praying.
Praying in Jesus name
__________________
ALL pastors are hindrances and one should never have a pastor they will only abuse you and you will get hurt. Instead get your instructions from forum gurus that have never built a church.~Steve Epley.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-29-2018, 02:49 PM
Originalist Originalist is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,829
Re: My Father-in-law has suffered a stroke.

He was sent home by ambulance 3 days ago. He can speak fairly well and he can eat. But he can only move his left arm. This is going to be very hard on the family. They are well-off financially. But their business owns THEM. if you know what I mean, They literally work 365 days a year. Having to care for Papa now will require a full time nurse. Thanks for praying.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-29-2018, 10:20 PM
CC1's Avatar
CC1 CC1 is offline
Administrator


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16,402
Re: My Father-in-law has suffered a stroke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
He was sent home by ambulance 3 days ago. He can speak fairly well and he can eat. But he can only move his left arm. This is going to be very hard on the family. They are well-off financially. But their business owns THEM. if you know what I mean, They literally work 365 days a year. Having to care for Papa now will require a full time nurse. Thanks for praying.
Please stress to your FIL how important rehab will be for regaining use of the parts of his body that are partially paralyzed now. My mom had a stroke atabout 60 years old that affected one side of her body. They told her that whatever use she would get back for her affected side would all happen the first year but that was not true. She made great progress that first year but kept up all of the rehab exercises on her own beyond that and for years regained more and more strength and movement in her weak side.

By contrast a neighbor had a stroke with similar paralysis but refused to do any rehap because it was painful and progress was slow. His weak side became firmly and permanently paralyzed before very long.
__________________
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F


"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-05-2018, 05:15 PM
Originalist Originalist is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 8,829
Re: My Father-in-law has suffered a stroke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
Please stress to your FIL how important rehab will be for regaining use of the parts of his body that are partially paralyzed now. My mom had a stroke atabout 60 years old that affected one side of her body. They told her that whatever use she would get back for her affected side would all happen the first year but that was not true. She made great progress that first year but kept up all of the rehab exercises on her own beyond that and for years regained more and more strength and movement in her weak side.

By contrast a neighbor had a stroke with similar paralysis but refused to do any rehap because it was painful and progress was slow. His weak side became firmly and permanently paralyzed before very long.
Thanks for that word of wisdom. So far he has been cooperating and there are signs of improvement.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cop suffered fracture near eye in attack Originalist Political Talk 25 08-26-2014 07:55 AM
Biden admits middle class has suffered under obama deacon blues Political Talk 1 10-03-2012 10:36 AM
Kids In Sect Suffered Neglect, Abuse Cindy The Newsroom 2 12-24-2008 09:42 AM
Possible Stroke chseeads Prayer Closet 8 05-26-2007 07:50 AM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Amanah

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.