Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-19-2018, 10:55 AM
Saved & Shaved

Re: The UPC is a dying movement!

in Monterrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
where do you usually attend church?
Old 07-19-2018, 11:40 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by berkeley View Post
in Monterrey
Wow, so many levels to that response don't know where to begin,,,

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 07-19-2018, 12:33 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
where do you usually attend church?
Well, top secret! If I told you I would have to have Esaias shoot you, or something!

Old 07-21-2018, 10:05 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterrey View Post
The upci , like the wpf, is strictly a vehicle. It's the local church that is either live, dying or dead.
Do you think the churches (Ephesus, Smyrna, Laodicea...etc.) in Rev 2+3 were in towns with just one local church group or many?
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear
Old 07-21-2018, 09:38 PM
Yeshua is God

The UPCI was created in this century, the church of God has existed for over 20 centuries, so was the church dead before the UPCI came into existence?

The True Church of God has existed without the UPCI and will continue existing even if the UPCI is dead as a doornail.

Organizations come and go but the church of God keeps on moving on.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:51 AM
Registered Member

There are not too many United Pentecostal churches that I can think of in my area. I can only think of one at the moment. Most other self-identifying Apostolic, Oneness, or Pentecostal churches are independent, and operate without any organization to answer to.

I know many Apostolic pastors that do not like how the UPC operates. From what I've gathered, the UPC has a list of bylaws that its pastors must preach to their congregations. Naturally, these bylaws concern such representations of outward holiness, and separation from things of the world. Over the years, however, it seems there have been some changing views on TV, going to movies, guys in shorts, and ladies trimming (or cutting) their hair.

When pew forums, Christian magazines, and theologians analyze Oneness Pentecostalism, they judge us all by how the UPC operates and teaches things. In a way that is understandable considering the vast amount of independent churches that could not simply be analyzed individually. On the other hand, though, it is somewhat misleading. For instance, if the title of this thread ("The UPC Is a Dying Movement") was the title of an article, it would lead to the assumption that Apostolic churches as a whole are in decline. Certainly not true.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:05 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
There are not too many United Pentecostal churches that I can think of in my area. I can only think of one at the moment. Most other self-identifying Apostolic, Oneness, or Pentecostal churches are independent, and operate without any organization to answer to.

I know many Apostolic pastors that do not like how the UPC operates. From what I've gathered, the UPC has a list of bylaws that its pastors must preach to their congregations. Naturally, these bylaws concern such representations of outward holiness, and separation from things of the world. Over the years, however, it seems there have been some changing views on TV, going to movies, guys in shorts, and ladies trimming (or cutting) their hair.

When pew forums, Christian magazines, and theologians analyze Oneness Pentecostalism, they judge us all by how the UPC operates and teaches things. In a way that is understandable considering the vast amount of independent churches that could not simply be analyzed individually. On the other hand, though, it is somewhat misleading. For instance, if the title of this thread ("The UPC Is a Dying Movement") was the title of an article, it would lead to the assumption that Apostolic churches as a whole are in decline. Certainly not true.
If I recall, you said your parents attend Apostolic Churches, one of them is conservative, one is liberal, is that correct?
Old 07-26-2018, 06:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
If I recall, you said your parents attend Apostolic Churches, one of them is conservative, one is liberal, is that correct?
I'm sure either wouldn't identify as conservative or liberal, but based on basic ideology among many here, yes that would be correct.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.
Old 07-26-2018, 06:40 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
I'm sure either wouldn't identify as conservative or liberal, but based on basic ideology among many here, yes that would be correct.
designations that can be subjective and not helpful
Old 07-26-2018, 06:45 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
For instance, if the title of this thread ("The UPC Is a Dying Movement") was the title of an article, it would lead to the assumption that Apostolic churches as a whole are in decline. Certainly not true.
Bro, the thread was started by a self serving bitter woman.

End Game Ultra.