Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-07-2008, 02:13 PM
aka Pastor Robbie

Is Water Baptism Necessary For Salvation?

Simply put, if a person receives Christ, repents and is filled with the Holy Spirit on a Sunday evening and decides to wait until Wednesday evening to be baptized for whatever reason, yet dies on Monday evening, without be water baptized, is he/she saved or lost and why?
Old 07-07-2008, 02:14 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Re: Is Water Baptism Necessary For Salvation?

oy veh
Old 07-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Registered Member

This sounds familiar?
Old 07-07-2008, 02:17 PM

We haven't discussed this in a few days ... must count for something.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:27 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

So here is the defninitive answer.

some of us believe that you are not saved without baptism in the name of Jesus. period.

some of us believe that Baptism is a profession of faith in Christ, and is a public statment of the salvation recieved at repentance.

others believe that a person who comes to christ, recieves the HG but dies before being baptized would be saved but if they refused baptism they would not be saved.

in all the above cases some of us believe that Jesus name baptism is the ONLY effectual form of baptism, some of us believe Jesus name baptism is "more biblical" but do not believe that it is exclusive.

Others believe that baptism in either Jesus name or the titles are on equal footing.

Did I leave anything out?
Old 07-07-2008, 02:28 PM
Live like it.

AG returns.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My Countdown Counting down to: Spring...
April Showers Bring May Flowers!
Old 07-07-2008, 02:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
So here is the defninitive answer.

some of us believe that you are not saved without baptism in the name of Jesus. period.

some of us believe that Baptism is a profession of faith in Christ, and is a public statment of the salvation recieved at repentance.

others believe that a person who comes to christ, recieves the HG but dies before being baptized would be saved but if they refused baptism they would not be saved.

in all the above cases some of us believe that Jesus name baptism is the ONLY effectual form of baptism, some of us believe Jesus name baptism is "more biblical" but do not believe that it is exclusive.

Others believe that baptism in either Jesus name or the titles are on equal footing.

Did I leave anything out?
A good cliff notes version.
How about the links to the discussion in question.

Post the one stepper vs three steeper thread, there is about three weeks of reading there!
Old 07-07-2008, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

lol you guys are great. of course it is essential! Didnt Jesus Himself say that unless a man be born of the WATER and of the SPIRIT he cannot enter the kingdom of heaven? and didnt Peter confirm that by saying repent and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus for the remission on your sins and you shall recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost? we have no assurance of tomorrow. if baptism is truly necessary (and it is) then in needs to be done today! dont wait!
Old 07-07-2008, 02:56 PM
The LORD will fight for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. LPW View Post
AG returns.
Perhaps, he is looking for a friend?

Isaiah 53:5: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."(KJV)

"God sends no one away empty except those who are full of themselves." Dwight L. Moody
Old 07-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbundantGrace View Post
Simply put, if a person receives Christ, repents and is filled with the Holy Spirit on a Sunday evening and decides to wait until Wednesday evening to be baptized for whatever reason, yet dies on Monday evening, without be water baptized, is he/she saved or lost and why?
must be born again, must be born again, must be born again, .....of the WATER and the SPIRIT (no, amniotic fluid is not part of the new birth!)

must have sins remitted, must have sins remitted, must have sins remitted... arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins calling upon the name of the Lord.

must be circumcised, must be circumcised, must be circumcised......Spiritually!

But you already know this, AG.

But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name. John 20:31
His banner over me is LOVE.... My soul followeth hard after thee....Love one another with a pure heart fervently. Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?

To be a servant of God, it will cost us our total commitment to God, and God alone. His burden must be our burden... Sis Alvear