Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 07-22-2018, 10:18 AM
Registered Member

Re: Judged By A Bearded Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
10 And the king of Israel said, Alas! that the Lord hath called these three kings together, to deliver them into the hand of Moab!
11 But Jehoshaphat said, Is there not here a prophet of the Lord, that we may inquire of the Lord by him? And one of the king of Israel's servants answered and said, Here is Elisha the son of Shaphat, which poured water on the hands of Elijah.
12 And Jehoshaphat said, The word of the Lord is with him. So the king of Israel and Jehoshaphat and the king of Edom went down to him.
13 And Elisha said unto the king of Israel, What have I to do with thee? get thee to the prophets of thy father, and to the prophets of thy mother. And the king of Israel said unto him, Nay: for the Lord hath called these three kings together, to deliver th
14 And Elisha said, As the Lord of hosts liveth, before whom I stand, surely, were it not that I regard the presence of Jehoshaphat the king of Judah, I would not look toward thee, nor see thee.
15 But now bring me a minstrel. And it came to pass, when the minstrel played, that the hand of the Lord came upon him.
2 Kings 3:1-15

Here we begin an important timeline. While Jehoshaphat was king of Judah Elisha was the recognized Prophet in Israel.

1 Now Jehoshaphat slept with his fathers, and was buried with his fathers in the city of David. And Jehoram his son reigned in his stead.
2 And he had brethren the sons of Jehoshaphat, Azariah, and Jehiel, and Zechariah, and Azariah, and Michael, and Shephatiah: all these were the sons of Jehoshaphat king of Israel.
3 And their father gave them great gifts of silver, and of gold, and of precious things, with fenced cities in Judah: but the kingdom gave he to Jehoram; because he was the firstborn.
4 Now when Jehoram was risen up to the kingdom of his father, he strengthened himself, and slew all his brethren with the sword, and divers also of the princes of Israel.
5 Jehoram was thirty and two years old when he began to reign, and he reigned eight years in Jerusalem.
6 And he walked in the way of the kings of Israel, like as did the house of Ahab: for he had the daughter of Ahab to wife: and he wrought that which was evil in the eyes of the Lord.
2 Chron. 21:1-6
Now we see that Jehoshaphat dies. His son Jehoram follows him as king and reigns for 8 years. Now keep in mind that ELISHA was Prophet before Jehoram even began to reign.

6 And he walked in the way of the kings of Israel, like as did the house of Ahab: for he had the daughter of Ahab to wife: and he wrought that which was evil in the eyes of the Lord.
7 Howbeit the Lord would not destroy the house of David, because of the covenant that he had made with David, and as he promised to give a light to him and to his sons for ever.
8 In his days the Edomites revolted from under the dominion of Judah, and made themselves a king.
9 Then Jehoram went forth with his princes, and all his chariots with him: and he rose up by night, and smote the Edomites which compassed him in, and the captains of the chariots.
10 So the Edomites revolted from under the hand of Judah unto this day. The same time also did Libnah revolt from under his hand; because he had forsaken the Lord God of his fathers.
11 Moreover he made high places in the mountains of Judah and caused the inhabitants of Jerusalem to commit fornication, and compelled Judah thereto.
12 And there came a writing to him from ELIJAH the prophet, saying, Thus saith the Lord God of David thy father, Because thou hast not walked in the ways of Jehoshaphat thy father, nor in the ways of Asa king of Judah,
13 But hast walked in the way of the kings of Israel, and hast made Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem to go a whoring, like to the whoredoms of the house of Ahab, and also hast slain thy brethren of thy father's house, which were better than thyself:
14 Behold, with a great plague will the Lord smite thy people, and thy children, and thy wives, and all thy goods:
15 And thou shalt have great sickness by disease of thy bowels, until thy bowels fall out by reason of the sickness day by day. 2 Chron. 21:6-15

According to verse 12 who sent this word of judgment to Jehoram? ELIJAH! Now ELISHA became the main Prophet of Israel while Jehoshaphat was alive. Then Jehoram reigns 8 years. So it has been AT LEAST 8 YEARS since ELIJAH went to heaven! But now we see he is still ministering and prophesying doom! How can this be?
I guess the biggest question here would be "how could it be, if it all happened the way your claiming it did?"

Check out my new Podcast, and YouTube Channel:
https://histruthismarchingon.blubrry.net
This is a One God, Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talkin', Jesus Name podcast where it's all in Him!
Apostolic Truth! His Truth Is Marching On!
SUBSCRIBE!
Old 07-22-2018, 11:22 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofthechosen View Post
I guess the biggest question here would be "how could it be, if it all happened the way your claiming it did?"
Did you read what I wrote? You tell me why Elijah was still on Earth 8 years later.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:32 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Did you read what I wrote? You tell me why Elijah was still on Earth 8 years later.

Like Paul was on earth 2,000 years later because his letters are still read in the church.

Give me a break.

Hebrew roots Talmudic fruit.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:43 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGlen View Post
Affirmative. I’m not a quitter.
I have a beard.
You're not a quitter? What does that mean?

Quote:
Please, tell me about your local ecclesia outside of AFF... I’m interested to hear about it.
Is it UPC, or EDBC, or what?
Please? Interested? You didn't even answer my question.

Quote:
When Paul says “lay aside every weight”, is weight a heaven or hell issue?
Were beards a “weight issue” for the past thousands of years before modern day pentecost baby faced pastors came along and tried to make them a “weight”, or a sin?
Babyface? So, everyone has a beard in your church? Your pastor has a beard? Because if they don't you think all the guys are babyfaced? Babyfaced is what you think of the men in the congregation where you sit on a pew? So, I would guess that you are in a beard only church. Are you? DOES YOUR PASTOR HAVE NO BEARD.
Old 07-22-2018, 10:46 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
No I dont. I said IF there was repentance. If the UPC or other Apostolic orgs involved put out a decree admitting they had been wrong on the issue and putting in a note of welcome to those who had been previously degraded over beards and assuring others who may want to attend they had changed their mind YES I do believe thousands of new people would come.

Mike will Elder N. A. Urshan at the judgement have his soul damned?
Old 07-22-2018, 10:55 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
Semantics. You said if they repented of the beard prohibition and women cutting their hair, "tens of thousands" would come in.

Of course, when pressed on why this hasn't been happening in any church which has dropped those standards, there were more conditions added and a lot of backpedaling.

Stop being deceived, Mike. It's a lie from hell that if the church just would compromise on some things, people would be saved.
Sorry, Mike, if multitudes would come in, then why on earth are you not doing the heavy lifting? That is what is so puzzling, you got the formula, you have the cure, but just want to have electronic followers? Emails, texts. and tweets from faceless somewhere lost in the world wide web? Hey, seriously, show us how it is done. Elder N.A. Urshan went out with Sister Urshan and chopped him some wood. Found him a little work, built it in the hot sun, wiped the sweat from the brow. Left a legacy. Show us, and we will clap our hands.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:54 AM
Banned

I'm not sure that multitudes would come into the church if churches lifted the shaving requirement.

I think we'd see an increase of those who might have left the church who had been unnecessarily offended over the issue.

To me, it's not about relaxing a standard with the claim that it will produce an increase in souls saved. To me, the issue is about believing in biblical truth vs. the traditions of man that are being taught as doctrine.

This is one of those standards that can reveal if one has a genuine love for Scripture... or a love for their traditions over the Scriptures.
Old 07-23-2018, 08:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Mike will Elder N. A. Urshan at the judgement have his soul damned?
Hmmm good question!
Old 07-23-2018, 09:36 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Dom:

Elder N. A. Urshan must of burned your breeches with his comment concerning homosexuals and hippy weed dealers.
I never made this personal but rather general.

Quote:
I want everyone who loves Jesus to be in it. Just think if the shave only Preachers stand before Jesus at judgment and he DOES have a beard? Could you imagine the shock?
I'm speaking in general. You are the one making it personal.

I do think they (shave only Preachers) should be concerned, thats why I started this thread. To remind them Jesus said:

Luke 17:1-2

1Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come! 2It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Has anyone ever made them aware that after associating Christians with drug dealers, gays, rebels just because they have a beard....THEY THEMSELVES will stand before the throne of Jesus Christ with a 50% chance HE will be wearing one?

Have they ever considered that? Have they considered that new converts to the Oneness faith may come wanting to be part of their fellowship and serve YAH with them?

Only to be told they remind the Church members of gays, drug dealers, and rebels? How many have turned away when they realize that like Trinitarians, Oneness Churches also make for commandments the doctrines of men?

Should they not be concerned?
Old 07-23-2018, 04:03 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I never made this personal but rather general.

I'm speaking in general. You are the one making it personal.

I do think they (shave only Preachers) should be concerned, thats why I started this thread. To remind them Jesus said:

Luke 17:1-2

1Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come! 2It were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones.

Has anyone ever made them aware that after associating Christians with drug dealers, gays, rebels just because they have a beard....THEY THEMSELVES will stand before the throne of Jesus Christ with a 50% chance HE will be wearing one?

Have they ever considered that? Have they considered that new converts to the Oneness faith may come wanting to be part of their fellowship and serve YAH with them?

Only to be told they remind the Church members of gays, drug dealers, and rebels? How many have turned away when they realize that like Trinitarians, Oneness Churches also make for commandments the doctrines of men?

Should they not be concerned?
Mike, you started banging your tin drum harder when you heard Brother N. A. Urshan make the comment in the video which was posted. You have gone on and on about drug dealers, and homos. We all know where you got the mantra from, and therefore we who know better cannot see it as general. Because NOT ALL UPCI ministers BELIEVE THAT!!!! Therefore using just a tiny smidgin of logic we can deduce that this can not be applied generally to all of the UPCI or Apostolic Pentecostalism as a whole. I can see your issue with the beard and no beard. I can sympathize, I can even help with a solution as I had offered a MONTH AGO!!!!

But going on and on about this garbage is making you look like retirement isn't going well with you. You retired from the job and lost your mind thinking mature adult males really care about having or not having a beard? I didn't curl up in the fetal position, sucking my thumb, crying myself to sleep over shaving off my Fu Manchu when I came to church.

"Hey, Jimbo! Why did you stop coming to our church?"

"Because someone said something about my facial hair."

Weeeee weeee weeee weee all the way home.