Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #91  
Old 07-14-2022, 07:54 PM
good samaritan's Avatar
good samaritan good samaritan is online now
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,519
Re: History of Tithes in the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
There are also cases where the pastor is given ALL of the tithes.

There are also cases where the pastor will tell his church that it is impossible to be saved if you donít tithe.

Donít doubt me.

Brother,
Do a search on YT for Greg Riggen- Godís holy tithe. Listen to the doctrine of the (then) pastor in the UPCI and the district superintendent of Kansas. Itís about two hours looong. (Just warning you).

There are so many lies about the tithe. You have to wonder at some point- why.
I know of some, but with the advent of the internet people are learning the truth. Lol
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 07-14-2022, 09:01 PM
Tithesmeister Tithesmeister is online now
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,677
Re: History of Tithes in the Church

QUOTE=good samaritan;1610373]What do you think the significance of 10% is? All of the law has spiritual fulfillments. What do you think tithing fulfills or forshadows?[/QUOTE]

Im not aware of the concept that all of the law has spiritual fulfillment. So letís begin there.

Can you support this?

I donít believe this is always true. So educate me.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 07-14-2022, 09:59 PM
coksiw coksiw is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,769
Re: History of Tithes in the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
What do you think the significance of 10% is? All of the law has spiritual fulfillments. What do you think tithing fulfills or forshadows?
Again, the apostles taught a lot about giving to the poor and to ministry (I keep saying this so you see the argument for silence does not apply in this case), yet they never applied the OT tithing as a principle for giving to ministry for the NT. Why do you want to spiritualize more than them?

You know what they did compare sharing your resource with the necessity of ministers with? the voluntary sacrifice offering presented to the Lord in the Temple:

Phl 4:16-19 NKJV - (16) For even in Thessalonica you sent [aid] once and again for my necessities. (17) Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account. (18) Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things [sent] from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. (19) And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 07-14-2022, 10:12 PM
good samaritan's Avatar
good samaritan good samaritan is online now
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,519
Re: History of Tithes in the Church

Quote:
Im not aware of the concept that all of the law has spiritual fulfillment. So let’s begin there.

Can you support this?

I don’t believe this is always true. So educate me.
Matthew 5:17
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Matthew 5:18
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Last edited by good samaritan; 07-14-2022 at 10:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 07-14-2022, 10:19 PM
good samaritan's Avatar
good samaritan good samaritan is online now
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,519
Re: History of Tithes in the Church

I personally believe every intricate detail has prophetic fulfillment.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 07-14-2022, 10:20 PM
Esaias's Avatar
Esaias Esaias is offline
Unvaxxed Pureblood


 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Zion aka TEXAS
Posts: 25,477
Re: History of Tithes in the Church

Option A: Hey Church, this building and all its amenities cost money. Donate what you can so we can keep the lights on.

Option B: Hey Church, we'll be doing a ten week series on "Biblical Economics" with lots and lots of explanations, examples, and theological gymnastics about "tithes and offerings", so make sure to be here for every episode. Oh, and don't forget, thieves go to hell in the end just like it says in Malachi...

Why make it simple when you can freely overcomplicate it AND get a cushy (relatively) passive income to boot?
__________________
Visit the Apostolic House Church YouTube Channel!


Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - http://www.robertwr.com/

Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 07-14-2022, 10:20 PM
good samaritan's Avatar
good samaritan good samaritan is online now
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,519
Re: History of Tithes in the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by coksiw View Post
Again, the apostles taught a lot about giving to the poor and to ministry (I keep saying this so you see the argument for silence does not apply in this case), yet they never applied the OT tithing as a principle for giving to ministry for the NT. Why do you want to spiritualize more than them?

You know what they did compare sharing your resource with the necessity of ministers with? the voluntary sacrifice offering presented to the Lord in the Temple:

Phl 4:16-19 NKJV - (16) For even in Thessalonica you sent [aid] once and again for my necessities. (17) Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account. (18) Indeed I have all and abound. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things [sent] from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. (19) And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
That post was not meant about paying tithes. It was about biblical prophecy coming to pass.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 07-14-2022, 10:27 PM
Tithesmeister Tithesmeister is online now
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,677
Re: History of Tithes in the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by good samaritan View Post
Matthew 5:17
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

Matthew 5:18
For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Okay. This is how I understand that. Jesus fulfilled the law. But what you said is ( or what I understood you to say) is that all of the law has a spiritual fulfillment. The tithe law fulfilled its purpose. I donít believe it is necessarily a spiritual fulfillment. There were a lot of laws. I donít think there is necessarily a spiritual fulfillment for every one of them.

Iíll be happy to consider your opinion on it though.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 07-14-2022, 10:32 PM
good samaritan's Avatar
good samaritan good samaritan is online now
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,519
Re: History of Tithes in the Church

Luke 17:12-19
And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off: And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us. And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed. And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God, And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan. And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine? There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger. And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.

This is not about money, but just wondering about the biblical significance of the 1/10.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 07-14-2022, 10:44 PM
Tithesmeister Tithesmeister is online now
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 2,677
Re: History of Tithes in the Church

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Option A: Hey Church, this building and all its amenities cost money. Donate what you can so we can keep the lights on.

Option B: Hey Church, we'll be doing a ten week series on "Biblical Economics" with lots and lots of explanations, examples, and theological gymnastics about "tithes and offerings", so make sure to be here for every episode. Oh, and don't forget, thieves go to hell in the end just like it says in Malachi...

Why make it simple when you can freely overcomplicate it AND get a cushy (relatively) passive income to boot?
Amen. That seems to sum it up quite succinctly.
I know a preacher (UPCI) that said something to the effect of ďokay, if tithes as we teach it is not acceptable, letís figure out how to fund the church ď.

My thought, we begin with something that is not a lie, that is clearly based on scripture.

I donít know- Free will offerings come to mind, for some reason.

The scripture says ALL liars will have their place in the lake of fire. But preachers obviously donít believe it. They think somehow God is going to be proud of them for lying about tithes. Interesting.

The idea that the Church that the gates of hell cannot withstand, is so weak that we must lie to coerce giving, boggles my mind.

All kinds of organizations survive without collecting tithes. But the church has to lie, manipulate scripture, add to or subtract from scripture, extort, beg, deceive, and donít forget have their special government status, in many cases.

Whatís wrong with the church? The gates of hell better be made of paper mache!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
History of tithes in North America James Griffin Fellowship Hall 25 11-01-2010 11:07 AM
Where do you go to church,If you dont pay tithes? corvet786c Fellowship Hall 12 09-11-2009 06:16 AM
Would You Attend a Church Whose Pastor Did Not Pay Tithes? tamor Fellowship Hall 54 09-21-2007 02:52 PM
Would you attend a church that did not require tithes? COOPER Fellowship Hall 178 08-14-2007 01:23 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.