Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 08-26-2013, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

Re: I Hope We Attack Syria Soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty View Post
If the terrorist had chemical warheads capable of being launched on a missile I highly doubt they would waste them in a country they already have influence over, they would be launching them into Israel or smuggling them into some other western power. This would also be a very risky plan, if the people ever found out they would be done in Syria just as they have been run out of other muslim countries because of their actions against the citizens.
These were on mortars, not missiles.

Quote:
They have been there, long before Saturday. They were already there investigating a prior claim of chemical warfare. Their hotel is 15 minutes from the site where the attack happened last week yet the Assad government has denied them access until today. Officials say this is because the evidence of a chemical attack will degrade and be undetectable after 36 to 48 hours.
You are correct. I did read this morning that some UN reps arrived Saturday, but in fact there was a full UN team on the ground since the 18th - as you stated, investigating a previous incident. And that only stokes my suspicions even more about Assad firing these chem bombs. Why do it while the UN team is there and so close to their location? The one with the most to lose is Assad; I just don't believe he would willingly put himself in jeopardy like this.

Quote:
Obama supported a democratic process. Lets not forget, Morsi was democratically elected by the majority of the population after Mubarek was thrown out by the people. I hope he never labels it as a coup and I don't understand why Republicans are calling him to task for it. We don't want Morsi in office. The people of Egypt have realized their mistake as Morsi has done nothing he promised to do. Here in America we vote those people out in the next term. The people of Egypt decided not to wait. I give them Kudos for it.
Labeling the coup a coup won't put Morsi back into power. What it will do is stop the hundreds of millions of US taxpayer dollars be funneled to an unstable government. It's ridiculous that Obama refuses to call a spade a spade.

Quote:
I don't know about Egypt, this may turn out to be more like Libya. The Egyptian military are independent from the government, they operate to protect the will of people. The Syrian military operate to protect Assad, if he is overthrown I believe the military will scatter and dissolve much like the Lybian military did. Which will most likely leave Syria in a lawless state run by regional tribes much like Afghanastan or many current Islamic African countries.

So I will agree with you that there will be no good outcome in Syria. I am more concerned about the fact that it will create one more border from which militants will be able to attack Israel from.
Good point on the military of Egypt vs Syria. We agree that no good will come from any outcome, really. Regardless of whether we get involved or not, Syria will still be chaotic for years to come. I'd rather we not get involved in yet another unending war -- especially when we have nothing to gain.
Old 08-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Renewed

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
These were on mortars, not missiles.

I didnt see that. I saw a news video a couple of days ago of a partial missile embeded in the street where the attack occured.

You are correct. I did read this morning that some UN reps arrived Saturday, but in fact there was a full UN team on the ground since the 18th - as you stated, investigating a previous incident. And that only stokes my suspicions even more about Assad firing these chem bombs. Why do it while the UN team is there and so close to their location? The one with the most to lose is Assad; I just don't believe he would willingly put himself in jeopardy like this.
It does seem suicidal, but what we must understand is that Assad still has an ace to play. If we get involved all he has to do is send a few missles into Israel. The insuing chaos will mask anything he does from there. Picture it, he sends missiles into Israel, Israel retaliates, Hezbolah, jihadist in Egypt use the distraction to attack from those two borders and Israel is facing a war on all three borders. US jumps in which will bring Iran in and who knows where Russia will pan out in it all.
Quote:
Labeling the coup a coup won't put Morsi back into power. What it will do is stop the hundreds of millions of US taxpayer dollars be funneled to an unstable government. It's ridiculous that Obama refuses to call a spade a spade.
I agree we give them too much and we should have halted funding when Morsi took power, but again, we have been funding their military, not their government, and their military for the most part is an alley, they do not want war with anyone, they want peace at all cost. War makes them no money, tourism is their bank roll and as long as the country is unstable, their financial situation only worsens.

Quote:
Good point on the military of Egypt vs Syria. We agree that no good will come from any outcome, really. Regardless of whether we get involved or not, Syria will still be chaotic for years to come. I'd rather we not get involved in yet another unending war -- especially when we have nothing to gain.
At the moment, I agree. Again, the unknown factor is how the prevailing side will treat Israel.
You can't reach the world with your talents. People are sick and tired of religious talents. People need a Holy Ghost annointed church with real fruits to reach out and touch their lives. ~ Pastor Burrell Crabtree

In fact I think that the insinuation of "hateful" Pentecostals is coming mostly from the fertile imaginations of bitter, backslidden ex Apostolics who are constantly trying to find a way to justify their actions. ~ strait shooter

www.scottysweb.com
www.chrisscottonline.com
Old 08-26-2013, 05:35 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
We are SUPPOSEDLY at war with Al Quida. Why on Earth would we want to HELP THEM take over another country. That used to be called "treason".
The only good remark on this thread as far as I'm concerned.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:27 AM
Registered Member

Rep. Justin Amash (R-MI) is awesome. I almost like him more than Rand Paul. This Representative posts his vote on his FB page and gives the reason why he voted how he did. I don't know of any other Rep or Senator who does this. He also uses Twitter a LOT, to get his message out.

Currently, he's sounding a warning at the WH about any action against Syria without Congressional approval. Funny how politics shifts and turns with whomever is in power. I remember the Democrats hitting the roof anytime W even thought about using the War Powers Resolution to initiate a conflict for 60 days w/out Congressional approval. These were the same Democrats who screamed to high heaven when Trent Lott talked about using the nuclear option because of Democratic obstruction in Congress. Now it's the Democrats who are all for the WPR and nuclear option, and the Republicans who are against....although, it should be noted that most of the push back against the WH use of WPR comes from freshman Republicans who were not in Congress during the W administration.

Word is the US has told the terrorists that bombs and cruise missiles will be dropping in a couple days. Apparently, the US has already made up its mind about it, and isn't going to wait for the UN to finish its investigation. Obama's arrogance will result in hundreds, if not thousands of civilian deaths in the coming days, weeks, months and years.

This is one time I wish Senator Obama were the President. Senator Obama would be alongside Rep. Amash demanding President Obama consult Congress before striking Syria. Unfortunately power changes everyone, even a pacifist, peace-loving community organizer.
Old 08-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Registered Member

Something to read:

http://unitedwithisrael.org/syria-is...us-intervenes/
Old 08-28-2013, 08:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
In Iraq, we went to war on the basis of lies originally uttered by fakers and conmen. Now it’s war by YouTube. This doesn’t mean that the terrible images of the gassed and dying Syrian civilians are false. It does mean that any evidence to the contrary is going to have to be suppressed. For example, no-one is going to be interested in persistent reports in Beirut that three Hezbollah members – fighting alongside government troops in Damascus – were apparently struck down by the same gas on the same day, supposedly in tunnels. They are now said to be undergoing treatment in a Beirut hospital. So if Syrian government forces used gas, how come Hezbollah men might have been stricken too? Blowback?
Yet another reason to be skeptical that Assad's troops were responsible for the gas attack.

The UN team's investigation said this morning that a chemical weapon was indeed used; but made no statement as to who was responsible for it. The US, meanwhile, claims they intercepted a phone call from a Syrian general demanding answers from an official in the chemical weapons unit.

Play the phone call. It's no secret you've got it, and thus far only 9% of Americans support the US doing anything against Syria. Release the call to every news outlet and let them play it over and over again to prove that Assad's government initiated the attack.

SOURCE LINK
Old 07-16-2021, 09:36 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
The line has been crossed.

America needs to respond with military force.

President Obama hates war, but he has to see that it is a necessary evil.

There is so much at stake-- we must respond with military force and our response needs to be STRONG and soon.
I know this poster moved on to greener fields. But it is interesting to see how things rolled out from the day they were posted.