Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-22-2019, 09:40 PM
Registered Member

State Voting Law Impacts

So we all know that various states have quite different voting laws. It seems that typically blue states make it easier to vote and red states make it more difficult. Has anyone looked at the question of what the popular vote would have been like if red states had the same "easier" voting laws as blue states and what the popular vote would have been like if blue states had the same "harder" voting laws as red states?

Or how about this question, how much more of the popular vote did democrats get in the last presidential election because of their more lax voting laws? Would republicans have had the popular vote if voting laws had been equal or in their favor?

Would making voter laws more lax in red states actually provide more democrat or republican voters?

Is anyone aware of any studies on questions like these?
Old 01-22-2019, 11:44 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: State Voting Law Impacts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrog View Post
So we all know that various states have quite different voting laws. It seems that typically blue states make it easier to vote and red states make it more difficult. Has anyone looked at the question of what the popular vote would have been like if red states had the same "easier" voting laws as blue states and what the popular vote would have been like if blue states had the same "harder" voting laws as red states?

Or how about this question, how much more of the popular vote did democrats get in the last presidential election because of their more lax voting laws? Would republicans have had the popular vote if voting laws had been equal or in their favor?

Would making voter laws more lax in red states actually provide more democrat or republican voters?

Is anyone aware of any studies on questions like these?
You're kidding, right?

"Hard" requirements? As in, not a felon, are you a citizen? Got ID? 18 or over?

Puhleeze. The "problem" is illegals can't vote legally, dead people can't vote legally, and demotards can't "vote early and often".

And let's ignore the fact "election results" are completely unverifiable anyway.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-23-2019, 05:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
You're kidding, right?

"Hard" requirements? As in, not a felon, are you a citizen? Got ID? 18 or over?

Puhleeze. The "problem" is illegals can't vote legally, dead people can't vote legally, and demotards can't "vote early and often".

And let's ignore the fact "election results" are completely unverifiable anyway.
And registration deadlines. And name spelling matches. And mail voting requirements and deadlines etc.

But the question isn’t whether such laws make sense. I think they do. The question is what impact do the differences have on the national popular vote. Could republicans have won the popular election if all states had the same voting requirements?
Old 01-23-2019, 02:10 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
And registration deadlines. And name spelling matches. And mail voting requirements and deadlines etc.

But the question isn’t whether such laws make sense. I think they do. The question is what impact do the differences have on the national popular vote. Could republicans have won the popular election if all states had the same voting requirements?
In other words, if Republicans had done what democrats do? Vote early and often? Register all the dead? Collect votes from non citizens?

And the popular vote isn't how Presidents are elected anyway, according to the "law of the land".

It's harder to get the lights turned on at a residence than it is to register and vote. Voting requirements only hinder people who likely aren't supposed to be voting anyway.

Pick a location, post the actual requirements, and let's examine where any difficulties may lie.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-24-2019, 07:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
In other words, if Republicans had done what democrats do? Vote early and often? Register all the dead? Collect votes from non citizens?

And the popular vote isn't how Presidents are elected anyway, according to the "law of the land".

It's harder to get the lights turned on at a residence than it is to register and vote. Voting requirements only hinder people who likely aren't supposed to be voting anyway.

Pick a location, post the actual requirements, and let's examine where any difficulties may lie.
You keep trying to argue against something I’m not saying. Strawman they call it?

What I’m asking about is whether differences in state to state voting laws impacts the national popular vote in favor of one party or the other and to what degree it does this.

The argument to go to national popular vote from the electoral college is something I greatly disagree with. However one of the most fundamental arguments for that is one of perceived fairness. What I’m trying to point out is that current popular vote figures are likely meaningless because of various state voting laws and their impacts.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:39 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
You keep trying to argue against something I’m not saying. Strawman they call it?

What I’m asking about is whether differences in state to state voting laws impacts the national popular vote in favor of one party or the other and to what degree it does this.

The argument to go to national popular vote from the electoral college is something I greatly disagree with. However one of the most fundamental arguments for that is one of perceived fairness. What I’m trying to point out is that current popular vote figures are likely meaningless because of various state voting laws and their impacts.
I keep trying to get you to be more specific. Name the state, point out the laws, and show whatever connection you think exists between those laws and election results.