Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-10-2018, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

Re: Water baptism is not vital for salvation?

(runs and picks up mic ...tap....tap....is this thing on?)

A man walks Into a bar carrying jumper cables...so the bartender says, "Hey, buddy, don't start anything in here."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Baptism is so vital that the jailer, who was willing to kill himself due to the prisoners like Paul and Silas being out of the prison, was willing the LEAVE that prison and risk his neck to get baptized.

Now, how in the world is that making baptismal unnecessary for the actual salvation if this guy who wanted to kill himself rather than be caught letting prisoners out actually goes out WITH THEM, further risking his neck, to get baptized? He would have been baptized later when it was safer!!!

Those who think water baptism is not absolutely vital cannot answer that!

(Mic drop)
Old 01-11-2018, 10:27 AM
Banned

Quote:
Baptism is so vital that the jailer, who was willing to kill himself due to the prisoners like Paul and Silas being out of the prison, was willing the LEAVE that prison and risk his neck to get baptized.

Now, how in the world is that making baptismal unnecessary for the actual salvation if this guy who wanted to kill himself rather than be caught letting prisoners out actually goes out WITH THEM, further risking his neck, to get baptized? He would have been baptized later when it was safer!!!

Those who think water baptism is not absolutely vital cannot answer that!

(Mic drop)
Old 01-11-2018, 12:42 PM
J.esus i.s t.he o.ne God (463)

Quote:
Baptism into his death!

.. so that we're dead and therefore freed from sin. This means sin shall not have dominion over us any more. And it's what Peter said about baptism in 1 Peter 3 through 4, where we put on the mind of Christ and realize that if we died with Him we need not live to sin any more.
Exactly. I mean, Peter couldn't get much clearer than this:
1 Peter 3:20-21

20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:
I guess ol' Petey was just mistaken.
Sometimes hidden dangers spring on us suddenly. Those are out of our control. But when one can see the danger, and then refuses to arrest , all in the name of "God is in control", they are forfeiting God given, preventive opportunities.
Old 01-13-2018, 09:57 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainWashed View Post
(runs and picks up mic ...tap....tap....is this thing on?)

A man walks Into a bar carrying jumper cables...so the bartender says, "Hey, buddy, don't start anything in here."
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! That is funny!!

"Many Christians do not try to understand what was written in a verse in the Bible. Instead they approach the passage to prove what they already believe."
Old 01-16-2018, 05:40 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Water baptism IN JESUS NAME is a must!
Old 01-16-2018, 06:13 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Acts 4:12
12..Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.
Old 01-16-2018, 02:54 PM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Depends on what the meaning of EIS is.

I’d like your answer, though I think I already know the answer.

Ok. I don’t know how to ask... I’ll just type anyway. Before I was baptized I was taught the purpose for baptism. They were not going to baptize me without going over it. So, I believed (faith) that my sins would be forgiven during baptism. And I was baptized.

Others teach that baptism is just for (list of reasons), but forgiveness of sins is not one of them. If they do not believe that baptism is for the remission of sin, is their baptism in vain? Are their sins forgiven?
Old 01-16-2018, 09:47 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post

Ok. I don’t know how to ask... I’ll just type anyway. Before I was baptized I was taught the purpose for baptism. They were not going to baptize me without going over it. So, I believed (faith) that my sins would be forgiven during baptism. And I was baptized.

Others teach that baptism is just for (list of reasons), but forgiveness of sins is not one of them. If they do not believe that baptism is for the remission of sin, is their baptism in vain? Are their sins forgiven?
Maybe I've read too many Campbellite authors but I tend to believe that a person must intend to have their sins remitted by the blood in water baptism in order for it to be a genuinely apostolic baptism. In other words, the person being baptized should understand that baptism is "when" one's sins are washed away, by calling upon the Lord in faith.

However, I suspect that a person who only thinks in terms of "Jesus said do it, I want to follow Him, so I'm doing it" is probably covered. I do think if a person believes they are getting baptized as a public statement they have already been saved (Baptist type baptism) then their baptism is highly irregular at best, and possibly invalid.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-17-2018, 02:04 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

Thanks for your reply
Old 01-17-2018, 03:07 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post

Just so the KJV Nazis don’t get upset, the best way to explain the EIS “for” is with Matthew 26:28. Jesus’ blood wasn’t shed because their sins were already remitted. His blood is for the remittance. Therefore Acts 2:38 follows this.