Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > The Tab
Facebook

Notices

The Tab Cutting edge news of what is happening in Apostolic Oneness Pentecost today!

Old 10-23-2007, 12:20 PM
Invisible Thad

((((SHOCKER)))) Barak Obama: Stay away from Gospel Singer Donnie McClurkin!!!!!!!

As some of you have heard, a gay-rights group is urging Barack Obama to cut ties with gospel singer Donnie Mc Clurkin because of his view that sexuality is a choice. The group Truth Wins Out has urged Obama to part ways with Mc Clurkin whom they have labeled as a "devisve preacher". What church do they go to? Here's the link.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:23 PM
Invisible Thad

Obama takes heat for link to McClurkin
Obama is taking heat for his link to Gospel singer Donnie McClurkin.
WASHINGTON (AP) — A gay rights group on Monday urged Barack Obama to cut ties with a gospel singer who it says spreads false information about homosexuality being a choice.

Donnie McClurkin is among several gospel singers scheduled to raise money for the Illinois senator and Democratic presidential candidate at a concert in South Carolina this weekend.

McClurkin has drawn attention from gay rights activists for his views on homosexuality.

"I don't believe that it is the intention of God," McClurkin said Monday in a telephone interview. "Sexuality, everything is a matter of choice."

McClurkin said he does not believe in discriminating against homosexuals. "What people do in their bedrooms and who they are as human beings are two different things," he said.

In a statement, Obama said he believes gays and lesbians are "our brothers and sisters" and should be afforded the same respect, dignity and rights granted all other citizens.

Read the rest of this entry »

Filed under Barack Obama
Posted 10/23/2007 01:08:34 PM | Permalink
88 Comments | Add a comment
Shriver: First ladies should influence husbands
Watch Wolf Blitzer's interview with Shriver in the Situation Room.
WASHINGTON (CNN) — Maria
Old 10-23-2007, 12:24 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

What in the world does a Gospel Musicain have any business messing around with a demoncrat anyway?
Old 10-23-2007, 12:30 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
What in the world does a Gospel Musicain have any business messing around with a demoncrat anyway?
FERD, those in the Black community who are Republican are viewed as "Sellouts, "uncle Toms" etc.

I think they are really in a corner now with this issue
Old 10-23-2007, 12:41 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
FERD, those in the Black community who are Republican are viewed as "Sellouts, "uncle Toms" etc.

I think they are really in a corner now with this issue
Thad, the day i changed from democrat to republican, I did something NO ONE ELSE in my very politically active family had done.

I know a thing or two about cutting against the grain.

Doing RIGHT is never wrong, no matter who says it is.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:47 PM
Invisible Thad

*** FULL ARTICLE ***October 23, 2007
Obama takes heat for link to McClurkin
Obama is taking heat for his link to Gospel singer Donnie McClurkin.
WASHINGTON (AP) — A gay rights group on Monday urged Barack Obama to cut ties with a gospel singer who it says spreads false information about homosexuality being a choice.

Donnie McClurkin is among several gospel singers scheduled to raise money for the Illinois senator and Democratic presidential candidate at a concert in South Carolina this weekend.

McClurkin has drawn attention from gay rights activists for his views on homosexuality.

"I don't believe that it is the intention of God," McClurkin said Monday in a telephone interview. "Sexuality, everything is a matter of choice."

McClurkin said he does not believe in discriminating against homosexuals. "What people do in their bedrooms and who they are as human beings are two different things," he said.

In a statement, Obama said he believes gays and lesbians are "our brothers and sisters" and should be afforded the same respect, dignity and rights granted all other citizens.

"I have consistently spoken directly to African-American religious leaders about the need to overcome the homophobia that persists in some parts our community so that we can confront issues like HIV/AIDS and broaden the reach of equal rights in this country," Obama said. "I strongly believe that African Americans and the LGBT community must stand together in the fight for equal rights. And so I strongly disagree with Reverend McClurkin's views and will continue to fight for these rights as president of the United States to ensure that America is a country that spreads tolerance instead of division."

The statement did not say whether McClurkin will still perform on the tour.

"We strongly urge Obama to part ways with this divisive preacher who is clearly singing a different tune than the stated message of the campaign," Wayne Besen, executive director of Truth Wins Out, said in a statement.

At a forum on gay issues in August, Obama argued that civil unions for same-sex couples wouldn't be a "lesser thing" than marriage. Obama belongs to the United Church of Christ, which supports gay marriage, but Obama has yet to go that far.

In a telephone interview Monday, Besen said he admired Obama, but wasn't ready to endorse him, especially considering McClurkin taking part in the campaign's "Embrace the Change" concert tour.

"I think he'd be a great president. But I think it's going to drive away support from people who are on the fence such as myself," Besen said.

McClurkin is a Grammy Award winner who performed at the Republican National Convention in 2004. He told AP Radio in an interview that September that he was "once involved with those desires and those thoughts," which he attributed to being raped at 8 and 13.

"That's what thrust me into it, and then God delivered me from that and gave me back who I really am and my true purpose," McClurkin said.

Filed under Barack Obama
Posted 10/23/2007 01:08:34 PM | Permalink
91 Comments | Add a comment
LEVITICUS 18:22

Posted By J, Mobile, Alabama : October 23, 2007 10:44 am
Old 10-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Blessed!

I wonder what Donnie's feelings are about abortion, same sex marriage, and some of the other views of Obama. If he disagrees then is he backing him because he is black?
Old 10-23-2007, 02:10 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliUPC View Post
I wonder what Donnie's feelings are about abortion, same sex marriage, and some of the other views of Obama. If he disagrees then is he backing him because he is black?

He wrote a book against homosexuality yet he is supporting someone who has stated that he is for gay marriage - i'm not getting it.

I don't know if you knew it, but Obama is a member of the "United Church of Christ" which is the same organization that carlton Pearson and Yvette Flunder are in
Old 10-23-2007, 02:15 PM
Blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad View Post
He wrote a book against homosexuality yet he is supporting someone who has stated that he is for gay marriage - i'm not getting it.

I don't know if you knew it, but Obama is a member of the "United Church of Christ" which is the same organization that carlton Pearson and Yvette Flunder are in
Which begs the question....Donnie what are you thinking? Or is the color of skin the most important thing?
Old 10-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Invisible Thad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaliUPC View Post
Which begs the question....Donnie what are you thinking? Or is the color of skin the most important thing?

you think maybe he is changing directions? recanting ?
I've heard things.....

anyhow, I just heard him sing in Oakland and he talked about that his health was going down- said it was Diabetes