Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-31-2013, 07:08 AM
Registered Member

Re: Hard Hitting Praise Tonight Misty Edwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abiding Now View Post
This guy is going to take ALL NIGHT to receive the offering.
What you saw is out of context for them overall. I was leaving for work while this was going on. The fellow stated that Mike B. is to timid in asking for money. Having watched IHOP here and there for 4 years they definitely are not the kind of money grabbers you see all over the Pentecostal/Charismatic movement.

If you were paying attention they have a tremendous worldwide outreach that does require money. I can say that they are on the Internet every day 24/7 for anyone to turn on and see. We have sent them an offering maybe twice.

The concept around IHOP is far advanced compared to most Churches. Anyone can come in the prayer room at any time. There have been counted license plates from 27 states in the parking lot there is NEVER a charge.

People from the neighborhood that are unsaved and looking for something to do can come in and hear great Christian music and see Spirit baptized people worshipping Christ. No telling how many come to Christ that way.

As far as material gain Misty Edwards vowed ten years of her youth to Jesus. She would not date nor have her own house. She would give extravagantly and not hold onto money.

She has been an awesome example that many at IHOP follow. She could be out doing concerts and become very rich and famous. To my knowledge she does not do any touring.

If I am correct IHOP has directly or indirectly helped raise up some ten thousand houses of prayer where nothing happens except continual prayer and worship 24/7.

For all they are involved in they spend little time for the most part talking about money.

They have an outreach in the neighborhood called Hope City where they feed people by the hundreds each week. They also give away hundreds of bags of groceries to those in need.

I wish I knew of an Apostolic Church with this kind of love and commitment to Christ was going on.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
What you saw is out of context for them overall. I was leaving for work while this was going on. The fellow stated that Mike B. is to timid in asking for money. Having watched IHOP here and there for 4 years they definitely are not the kind of money grabbers you see all over the Pentecostal/Charismatic movement. If you were paying attention they have a tremendous worldwide outreach that does require money. I can say that they are on the Internet every day 24/7 for anyone to turn on and see. We have sent them an offering maybe twice. The concept around IHOP is far advanced compared to most Churches. Anyone can come in the prayer room at any time. There have been counted license plates from 27 states in the parking lot there is NEVER a charge. People from the neighborhood that are unsaved and looking for something to do can come in and hear great Christian music and see Spirit baptized people worshipping Christ. No telling how many come to Christ that way. As far as material gain Misty Edwards vowed ten years of her youth to Jesus. She would not date nor have her own house. She would give extravagantly and not hold onto money. She has been an awesome example that many at IHOP follow. She could be out doing concerts and become very rich and famous. To my knowledge she does not do any touring. If I am correct IHOP has directly or indirectly helped raise up some ten thousand houses of prayer where nothing happens except continual prayer and worship 24/7. For all they are involved in they spend little time for the most part talking about money. They have an outreach in the neighborhood called Hope City where they feed people by the hundreds each week. They also give away hundreds of bags of groceries to those in need. I wish I knew of an Apostolic Church with this kind of love and commitment to Christ was going on.
Have you heard of the Salvation Army?
Old 12-31-2013, 07:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Well I look at it like this. Yes there is false doctrine at IHOP. Like Trinity and faith alone. I mourn for them over that. On the other hand very few Apostolic Churches that I am aware of teach the post tribulation rapture or the sermon on the mount lifestyle.

Very few of them have the kind of fasting and prayer you will find at IHOP. And yes as far as Im concerned the worship there is for the most part quite heavenly.

My mission is to encourage all Holy Spirit baptized people into more truth. Into more holiness. Peace and love.
How is it that you're okay with IHOPKC's very real false doctrine, and not mention a word about it unless it's a response to someone pointing it out? If I had not been posting about IHOPKC's false doctrine, you would not have mentioned a word about it. Yet you make post after post about Apostolic/Pentecostal ministers, calling them hypocrites, sinners and accusing them of false doctrine over something these men don't even claim as doctrine at all!

Where is the righteous anger of Michael the Disciple over Bickle, Edwards and others at IHOPKC deceiving these young people by mixing holy with profane. Mixing Jesus with mysticism?

When will you rant about that? IHOPKC's false doctrine is MUCH worse than platform standards. Platform standards won't send someone to hell. IHOPKC's false doctrine will.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:17 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farfel View Post
Or Atlanta Hope Center?
Old 12-31-2013, 07:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
She has been an awesome example that many at IHOP follow. She could be out doing concerts and become very rich and famous. To my knowledge she does not do any touring.
I've heard Edwards sing. I doubt she would get very rich or famous doing concerts or touring. I'd be careful believing everything IHOPKC says. Don't think she's not living very comfortably.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Friend you don't have a clue.
Old 12-31-2013, 07:57 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
How is it that you're okay with IHOPKC's very real false doctrine, and not mention a word about it unless it's a response to someone pointing it out? If I had not been posting about IHOPKC's false doctrine, you would not have mentioned a word about it. Yet you make post after post about Apostolic/Pentecostal ministers, calling them hypocrites, sinners and accusing them of false doctrine over something these men don't even claim as doctrine at all!

Where is the righteous anger of Michael the Disciple over Bickle, Edwards and others at IHOPKC deceiving these young people by mixing holy with profane. Mixing Jesus with mysticism?

When will you rant about that? IHOPKC's false doctrine is MUCH worse than platform standards. Platform standards won't send someone to hell. IHOPKC's false doctrine will.
Is This New Age Mysticism?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1GAzRHiOyo
Old 12-31-2013, 09:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Is This New Age Mysticism?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1GAzRHiOyo
My work PC doesn't allow YouTube, so I'll have to look at it when i get home. Look, you can probably find a few grains of truth embedded in Beckle's speeches. I won't deny that. Deception isn't done through a completely false message; were that so, no one would be deceived. It's done by mixing the truth with a lie. That's what IHOPKC and Beckle does. They keep enough truth so as not to turn people away, but try to mix in this Catholic mysticism which people will unknowingly believe as truth and, in the end, will be deceived.

And it's not just Bickle who is doing this. Were you to have a thread about Beth Moore, Louis Giglio or John Piper, I would warn of the same. These people IMO are bigger names than Beckle, but they also promote Lectio Divina. I was very disappointed to find out Francis Chan is caught up in this mess too. His being at Bickle's conference now makes sense, since both of them promote this trash.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:55 AM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

It seems to me that appearance (which James warns against) not doctrine is the final criteria for some. Suits and dresses and they are mean old conservatives that won't let me in, but jeans, shirt tail out, goatee (seems like THEY have a "standard" also ) and they are sooooo spiritual. Looks like judging from appearance swings both ways.

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 12-31-2013, 09:56 AM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

Quote:
Ta daaaaaaaaaaa.....................................

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.