Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 09-05-2007, 06:17 AM
Brother Strange

A Prophetic Word

Below is a Prophecy that I received in my email this morning from a precious sister from Alexandria, La., that I've known for many years. I do not know the one who spoke the prophecy. Do any of you know this Pastor Steve Chittum?

“The heavens are opening above the church. God is moving in a way that He has not moved in a long time. Blessing will not just trickle down, they will begin to pour down. Those that have a prophetic anointing have already sensed this in the Spirit.

This is a time of realignment and correction BACK to what we have left behind. A great repentance is coming. A turning back to the foundation, back to the true essence of Christianity, back to the right position! The body of Christ has been in heavy and intense spiritual warfare for the last 6 years and in many cases, most did not even know it. But now there has been a gradual turning that is beginning to accelerate. A turning of victory, a turning to breakthrough. A cloud the size of a man's hand is rising. A refreshing is coming!

Many false prophets have gone into the land. A desire for influence, wealth, fame and position has swept the body of Christ. Jezebel wants position, Jezebel wants the final say – Jezebel wants the spotlight. But Jehu is rising! To often, the attack on ministry has come from inside the church, not outside. But God's people who have not bowed their knees to Bael are standing up and saying 'no more!' Judgment begins in the house of God and spiritual wickedness seeks high places. But God is purging the threshing floor, God is revealing truth. Open your eyes and watch as lofty things are pulled down.

What has been held back by opposition in the heavenlies is now being released. God has used the enemy's schemes against him – that which has been blocked, delayed and hindered is now bursting at the seams and will have to be released. The gifts and callings of God are without repentance. What has been assigned to you is yours. The devil can not hold it back your blessing if you are in your right position. Seek the Lord at all times, let His praises be continually in your mouth! God is calling us back into position, back to obedience, back to holiness, back to the Word. Amen!

Its like a dam that is ready to burst. We will not be able to contain it when it begins to flow. My people will need bigger containers and will have to expand the ability of others to receive. A great time of outpouring is coming in the earth for true believers.

Obedience is the 'mother' of your blessings. Prosperity follows obedience because obedience produces prosperity; obedience follows love because love produces obedience; faith follows the Word because the Word produces faith. Get ready -- you shall surely see it come to pass. Change your direction and get into position. Behold I come quickly!"

Pastor Steve Chittum

30 August, 2007
Old 09-05-2007, 06:21 AM
philjones

Wow!

I am impacted by much of what is said in this prophecy. Much of it spoke directly to me and my current, personal wrestling match in the spirit realm!

Thanks!
Old 09-05-2007, 06:44 AM
Brother Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
Wow!

I am impacted by much of what is said in this prophecy. Much of it spoke directly to me and my current, personal wrestling match in the spirit realm!

Thanks!
Bro Phil,

Do you know this Pastor?
Old 09-05-2007, 06:55 AM
arbitrary subjective label

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Strange View Post
“The heavens are opening above the church. God is moving in a way that He has not moved in a long time. Blessing will not just trickle down, they will begin to pour down. Those that have a prophetic anointing have already sensed this in the Spirit.

This is a time of realignment and correction BACK to what we have left behind. A great repentance is coming. A turning back to the foundation, back to the true essence of Christianity, back to the right position! The body of Christ has been in heavy and intense spiritual warfare for the last 6 years and in many cases, most did not even know it. But now there has been a gradual turning that is beginning to accelerate. A turning of victory, a turning to breakthrough. A cloud the size of a man's hand is rising. A refreshing is coming!
I have sensed this and observed it.

Quote:
Many false prophets have gone into the land. A desire for influence, wealth, fame and position has swept the body of Christ. Jezebel wants position, Jezebel wants the final say – Jezebel wants the spotlight. But Jehu is rising! To often, the attack on ministry has come from inside the church, not outside. But God's people who have not bowed their knees to Bael are standing up and saying 'no more!' Judgment begins in the house of God and spiritual wickedness seeks high places. But God is purging the threshing floor, God is revealing truth. Open your eyes and watch as lofty things are pulled down.
The NCO comes to mind.

Quote:
What has been held back by opposition in the heavenlies is now being released. God has used the enemy's schemes against him – that which has been blocked, delayed and hindered is now bursting at the seams and will have to be released. The gifts and callings of God are without repentance. What has been assigned to you is yours. The devil can not hold it back your blessing if you are in your right position. Seek the Lord at all times, let His praises be continually in your mouth! God is calling us back into position, back to obedience, back to holiness, back to the Word. Amen!
What, exactly, is the 'right' position?

Quote:
Its like a dam that is ready to burst. We will not be able to contain it when it begins to flow. My people will need bigger containers and will have to expand the ability of others to receive. A great time of outpouring is coming in the earth for true believers.

Obedience is the 'mother' of your blessings. Prosperity follows obedience because obedience produces prosperity; obedience follows love because love produces obedience; faith follows the Word because the Word produces faith. Get ready -- you shall surely see it come to pass. Change your direction and get into position. Behold I come quickly!"
Obedience . . . Good. Prosperity . . . Good. Prosperity Doctrine . . . not so good.

I am in the midst of a job change. Was my old position the right position? If so, why did I get a new position? If the new position doesn't produce newfound prosperity, does that mean I'm unconsciously disobedient?

I'm just messin with ya.

I see this prophecy working in my life as sure as water's wet. We prayed that an offer would come only if it was God's will for my life and if it would be a blessing to us and help us be a blessing to others.

Quote:
Pastor Steve Chittum
Never heard of him. Probably not his real name.

Quote:
30 August, 2007
This is the last anybody has heard from Pastor Steve? Ya'll better start searching for the man. He could have been laying in a ditch for the last SIX DAYS!!!! Get the flashlights! Get the radios! Get the hound dogs!

Despite today's rising cost of living, it remains popular.

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried." - Sir Winston Churchill

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Sir Winston Churchill

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin
Old 09-05-2007, 07:04 AM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Strange View Post
Bro Phil,

Do you know this Pastor?
Bro. Strange,

I do not. I will see if my sister who goes to the POA is familiar with him.

Bro. OP Carl,

I know you were posting some what tongue in cheek with a serious skepticism. I for one have found that prosperity is a Biblical concept! May you prosper as your soul prospers is one of the linchpins of my walk with God. I have been secularly prosperous when my soul was as poor as a widow woman's cat therefore I do my best to ensure that my soul is fat and if the measure of man determines I am impoverished then so be it! Ironically, if I focus on the soul the other needs are adequately met. Something about seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness!
Old 09-05-2007, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philjones View Post
Bro. Strange,

I do not. I will see if my sister who goes to the POA is familiar with him.

Bro. OP Carl,

I know you were posting some what tongue in cheek with a serious skepticism. I for one have found that prosperity is a Biblical concept! May you prosper as your soul prospers is one of the linchpins of my walk with God. I have been secularly prosperous when my soul was as poor as a widow woman's cat therefore I do my best to ensure that my soul is fat and if the measure of man determines I am impoverished then so be it! Ironically, if I focus on the soul the other needs are adequately met. Something about seek ye first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness!
Prosperity is biblical, and so is suffering for the Gospel.

It rains on the just and the unjust.

Solomon was young once, and when he was old he had never seen the righteous forsaken or His seed begging bread.

The prosperity doctrine so rampant today is unadulterated sewage. We've got to be careful and wise about this topic these days. We don't want to jump off the high dive into the vast pool of stupid, but we don't want to recoil away from it so severely that we miss out. Kind of like latter rain. A lot of what's wrong with UPC churches today is a direct result of leadership making a conscious effort to be distinct from the latter rain movement.

I'm with you. I'd rather be right with God than materially blessed in the here and now.

"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried." - Sir Winston Churchill

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Sir Winston Churchill

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." - Benjamin Franklin
Old 09-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Bro. Y, I'll never forget...

http://www.frontline-ministries-inte...hinkabout.html

"You don't need a license to preach, or teach, or win souls." RonB

"In all my perplexities and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength." Robert E. Lee (1807-1870)

Never tell a young person that anything cannot be done. God may have been waiting centuries for someone ignorant enough of the impossible to do that very thing. ~ John Andrew Holmes
Old 09-05-2007, 08:05 AM
Registered Member

bro strange thanks for making that available, i wont be at gc but a lot of people i talk to all the time will be, one of us has to work, so it is me, lol, but i hope good happens, the proof is in the puddin my grandpa used to say, i have learned to watch and wait, god is moving, lets pray for the best, dt
Old 09-05-2007, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvaro View Post
Looks like yonder Pastor Steve is not an ACTS 2:38 BRUTHA!!!

So how does that breaking news color your view of this tidbit?

Old 09-05-2007, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by OP_Carl View Post
Looks like yonder Pastor Steve is not an ACTS 2:38 BRUTHA!!!

So how does that breaking news color your view of this tidbit?

How did you come up with that?
Painful moments, TRUST GOD.
Every moment, THANK GOD.