Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 09-01-2015, 03:32 PM
Ron's Avatar
Ron Ron is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12,925
Re: Shouting at NAYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
IMO, it wasn't a good example. I am very certain that God moved only because of the faith in the room.

And, again, it was way too sensational for me. For the record, my husband is in agreement. He also said it reminded him of the magic hair issue, and that we can't allow people to rely on noise when they are seeking something from God. For one thing, it usually has short term effects - his words.


Okay.

Hi PO, like most things in life I am a day late. God is in the shout & many times he is not, sometimes God is in the quiet move of God & many times it is just shallow dead Church!
I love emotion, God's attributes of Love & his Peace touch me in my emotions, but I told my Pastor recently that I fear for this upcoming generation of, "entertain me, "excite me," "keep me occupied" & have very "
shallow roots!"
These people, when the hard times of trial & testing come, & they will come, these people who are just in the emotional phase will be shaken in their faith.
Many times, we as a Church body are not always quick to share our wisdom & experience with new converts especially young people, we may have better retention of our new converts!
Your husband has good wisdom!

Don't get me going on fog machines, spot lights & disco balls!
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 09-01-2015, 04:21 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 47,423
Re: Shouting at NAYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Hi PO, like most things in life I am a day late. God is in the shout & many times he is not, sometimes God is in the quiet move of God & many times it is just shallow dead Church!
I love emotion, God's attributes of Love & his Peace touch me in my emotions, but I told my Pastor recently that I fear for this upcoming generation of, "entertain me, "excite me," "keep me occupied" & have very "
shallow roots!"
These people, when the hard times of trial & testing come, & they will come, these people who are just in the emotional phase will be shaken in their faith.
Many times, we as a Church body are not always quick to share our wisdom & experience with new converts especially young people, we may have better retention of our new converts!
Your husband has good wisdom!

Don't get me going on fog machines, spot lights & disco balls!
Thank you, Ron. I am afraid with Reality TV, Instagram, Facebook, etc. it is moving us way too much into - "let me feel good quick!!" It's an easy sell.

There have been times in prayer when it felt like brass to heaven, where I have said, "God, I love you. I love your word. I don't have to feel a thing. I am telling you that I will serve you because you are faithful."

Aside from the topic at hand - HOW are you DOING? How is your health today? Any new reports on your heart?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 09-01-2015, 05:21 PM
Ron's Avatar
Ron Ron is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12,925
Re: Shouting at NAYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Thank you, Ron. I am afraid with Reality TV, Instagram, Facebook, etc. it is moving us way too much into - "let me feel good quick!!" It's an easy sell.

There have been times in prayer when it felt like brass to heaven, where I have said, "God, I love you. I love your word. I don't have to feel a thing. I am telling you that I will serve you because you are faithful."

Aside from the topic at hand - HOW are you DOING? How is your health today? Any new reports on your heart?
And is usually in those times of testing when God "seemed" to be on "vacation" & nowhere around! We know his Bible says otherwise & need to order our lives after that fact!
I am doing fine and slowly getting my stamina back & a few weeks back on a youth night at Church on Friday, they all went to play a couple of games ofg Laser Tag!
I not only drove a bunch there, but I joined in as well!
I couldn't figure out why the game was only 15-20 minutes long.
I found out--it was an intense 15-20 minutes running over a course on three levels.
I surprised my kids when the first game was between the reds & the greens, I was on the greens & I was the top scorer.
The second game, that was a free for all had me be the 4th from the top.\
A lot of fun. The guys want to do paint ball next.
My kids said, "Wow Dad, I.m surprised!"
I said, "why?"
They said, "well you know, your heart condition!"
I said, "they fixed that!"
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 09-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Ferd's Avatar
Ferd Ferd is offline
I remain the Petulant Chevalier


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 17,521
Re: Shouting at NAYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I agree, Ferdinand. But, that wasn't the point of the thread.






WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are getting old!!!!
LOL!
how many grandbabies do you have?

sorry couldn't resist!
__________________
If I do something stupid blame the Lortab!
My Countdown Counting down to: Days left till the end of the opressive Texas Summer!
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 09-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Ferd's Avatar
Ferd Ferd is offline
I remain the Petulant Chevalier


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 17,521
Re: Shouting at NAYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Thank you, Ron. I am afraid with Reality TV, Instagram, Facebook, etc. it is moving us way too much into - "let me feel good quick!!" It's an easy sell.

There have been times in prayer when it felt like brass to heaven, where I have said, "God, I love you. I love your word. I don't have to feel a thing. I am telling you that I will serve you because you are faithful."

Aside from the topic at hand - HOW are you DOING? How is your health today? Any new reports on your heart?
This right here Ron, been praying for ya!
__________________
If I do something stupid blame the Lortab!
My Countdown Counting down to: Days left till the end of the opressive Texas Summer!
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 09-01-2015, 07:15 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 47,423
Re: Shouting at NAYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
LOL!
how many grandbabies do you have?

sorry couldn't resist!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Nueve!!!!

And the girls are done - no mas!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 09-01-2015, 07:17 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 47,423
Re: Shouting at NAYC

[QUOTE=Ron;1388721]And is usually in those times of testing when God "seemed" to be on "vacation" & nowhere around! We know his Bible says otherwise & need to order our lives after that fact![Quote]
Amen!

Quote:
I am doing fine and slowly getting my stamina back & a few weeks back on a youth night at Church on Friday, they all went to play a couple of games ofg Laser Tag!
I not only drove a bunch there, but I joined in as well!
I couldn't figure out why the game was only 15-20 minutes long.
I found out--it was an intense 15-20 minutes running over a course on three levels.
I surprised my kids when the first game was between the reds & the greens, I was on the greens & I was the top scorer.
The second game, that was a free for all had me be the 4th from the top.\
A lot of fun. The guys want to do paint ball next.
My kids said, "Wow Dad, I.m surprised!"
I said, "why?"
They said, "well you know, your heart condition!"
I said, "they fixed that!"
Wow! Okay, we've always joked around quite a bit on this forum, but in this case I'm afraid to do that now. LOL!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 09-01-2015, 08:07 PM
Ron's Avatar
Ron Ron is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12,925
Re: Shouting at NAYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
This right here Ron, been praying for ya!
Thanks, I appreciate that, it is quite sobering to look a family condition in the eye & realize if the Lord tarries, that will be what takes you out!

On the flip side, I hear your young'n isn't a young'n no more!
Tempus Fugit!
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 09-01-2015, 08:15 PM
Ron's Avatar
Ron Ron is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 12,925
Re: Shouting at NAYC

[QUOTE=Pressing-On;1388747][QUOTE=Ron;1388721]And is usually in those times of testing when God "seemed" to be on "vacation" & nowhere around! We know his Bible says otherwise & need to order our lives after that fact!
Quote:
Amen!


Wow! Okay, we've always joked around quite a bit on this forum, but in this case I'm afraid to do that now. LOL!
I told my oldest afterwards that if this was real life with real guns, I would have been dead the first few seconds after I stepped on the floor as I fgot hit 5 or 6 times before I took my first shot!

No, there was a spirit of cheating & subterfuge going around in there, I went looking for people & found Phoebe one of our young people who calls me "dad" as she is from one of the "too many" single parent homes in our Church but I digress.
I went to shoot at her, but in the darkness, I saw her gun but not her vest & went, "what??"
Then I saw that she had her vest between her knees!!!!
On the second game, I took my light summer jacket & tied it around my vest & went to town.
Later on the youth said I was "cheating!!"
Imagine that??
I simply stated, "I was leveling the playing field & how dare they shoot an elder!!!"
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 09-01-2015, 08:25 PM
CC1's Avatar
CC1 CC1 is offline
Administrator


 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 16,603
Re: Shouting at NAYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by n david View Post
If y'all don't believe shouting, or the sound waves emitted by shouting, does anything to molecules of air, then you should look into it.

Before criticizing Stoneking and calling him an idiot, you should read about the effects sound waves have on molecules.

Sound waves are energy. By claiming they shred the air, he's just saying the energy released by sound waves causes molecules to react. Some even claim sound waves could heat objects or emit enough energy to light a light bulb.

Bottom line is it does affect air molecules. He's correct. Y'all haters should read before bashing the man.
C'mon, you know good and well that the complaint is that he will take some basic scientific principle like this and extrapolate it out into crazy conlusions. Of course sound affects the molecules in the air but absolutey nowhere in the bible does it say that this has anything to do with anything spiritual. All power in spiritual warfare comes from God and not screaming.
__________________
"I think some people love spiritual bondage just the way some people love physical bondage. It makes them feel secure. In the end though it is not healthy for the one who is lost over it or the one who is lives under the oppression even if by their own choice"

Titus2woman on AF
F


"We did not wear uniforms. The lady workers dressed in the current fashions of the day, ...silks...satins...jewels or whatever they happened to possess. They were very smartly turned out, so that they made an impressive appearance on the streets where a large part of our work was conducted in the early years.

"It was not until long after, when former Holiness preachers had become part of us, that strict plainness of dress began to be taught.

"Although Entire Sanctification was preached at the beginning of the Movement, it was from a Wesleyan viewpoint, and had in it very little of the later Holiness Movement characteristics. Nothing was ever said about apparel, for everyone was so taken up with the Lord that mode of dress seemingly never occurred to any of us."

Quote from Ethel Goss (widow of 1st UPC Gen Supt. Howard Goss) book "The Winds of God"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MJ's Dance Looks Like Shouting! rgcraig Fellowship Hall 20 07-05-2009 08:46 AM
Some Shouting Baptists. Scott Hutchinson Fellowship Hall 14 12-20-2008 11:05 AM
Do you believe in Pentecostal Shouting? stmatthew Fellowship Hall 388 07-21-2008 09:23 PM
MANGUN, SUBER and the POA...SHOUTING ..TOGETHER!!!! NLYP Fellowship Hall 234 07-27-2007 08:22 PM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by mfblume
- by TJJJ
- by Esaias
- by Esaias

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.