Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Prayer Closet
Facebook

Notices

Prayer Closet The place to post prayer requests & testimonies. All new requests will auto-stick in Fellowship Hall for 48 hours.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:41 PM
My Family!

Re: My world is falling apart. Please pray!

Well, I hope the judge asks the names of the other boys. They shouldn't get off scott free!

I'm sure Keith has learned a BIG lesson - praying!
Old 11-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Honorary Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margies3 View Post

I'm really sorry for laying all of this on all of you. But I am so thankful for you - you are such a wonderful support system! Where would I be without you????
That's what all of us "imaginary" friends are for!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 08:46 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgcraig View Post
Well, I hope the judge asks the names of the other boys. They shouldn't get off scott free!

I'm sure Keith has learned a BIG lesson - praying!
The other boys aren't being charged with anything at all!! The probation officer did ask for their names today. I don't know what, if anything, she can do.................... but she's got 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManOfWord View Post
That's what all of us "imaginary" friends are for!!!
I'm so glad that I have such a good imagination
Old 11-10-2008, 09:12 PM
Not riding the train

Continuing to pray, Margie!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 09:31 PM
Lofty, Scientific, and Literal

Wonderful news, my friend. I'm sure he'll get off with time served, but he better learn his lesson. He won't get off like that if there's a next time.

And I know what you mean about the house arrest. There's no judge that could impose a harsher house sentence than I would give to my own son!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:15 PM
Registered Member

I will pray some more.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:31 PM
Christmas 2009

One time we put our daughter under House Arrest, inflicted by her dad and me, for 7 weeks! We all nearly went crazy, but it was the best thing we could have done at the time. She couldn't even get phone calls or use the computer. She learned a hard lesson, but it worked.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Thank you ALL for praying!!

Subby, thank you soooooo much for your email. I read it to Keith tonight and we had a long talk about the seriousness of this offense and the ramifications of this whole experience. You were a huge, huge help!!

We went to court today. I thought it was for sentencing. Turns out he hasn't even been formally charged by the prosecutor yet. They're still waiting on the police officer to finish his report.

Initially the judge was going to send him back to lock-up until the trial on Thursday (at 1:30, by the way. Please be praying!). The probation officer was pushing for that because of the seriousness of the offense. But when Walt asked how to handle school, and when I pointed out that there were 4 other boys involved, all of whom are free and clear just because they weren't honest enough to admit their involvement to the officer, the judge changed his mind and said he would send Keith home on home arrest. He could go to school, church and home and that's it. We said that was fine. And that we already knew that as far as we, his parents, are concerned, he might as well be on house arrest anyway and also that we are not going to allow him to be with those other boys if we can help it. We understand that they go to the same school, so it will be hard during school hours to keep them apart, but we can do it the rest of the day. The judge thought some more and said that he agreed, that Keith should have absolutely NO contact with those boys at all ever. So in view of that, he is now on complete house arrest. Meaning he now has to do his school work at home as well. At least until Thursday after the trial. We'll see from there.

The judge also pointed out to Keith that, depending on what they decide to formally charge him with, he could get time served. Or he could get 6 more months. Or he could get 1 year. Or he COULD be locked up until he's 18. PLEASE PRAY THAT HE DOES NOT HAVE TO GO BACK TO JAIL.

He certainly seems to have learned a big lesson. At least so far. We'll see what tomorrow brings. And the next day and the next.................. I'm praying that this was enough.

I'm really sorry for laying all of this on all of you. But I am so thankful for you - you are such a wonderful support system! Where would I be without you????
We serve a God that while he says that whatsover we sow that also we shall reap, also said that if we are his children & are repentant, we would reap in mercy!

Thank God for his mercy!

Prayers are continuing!
Old 11-11-2008, 06:59 AM
Getting to know Jesus

Quote:
Thank you ALL for praying!!

Subby, thank you soooooo much for your email. I read it to Keith tonight and we had a long talk about the seriousness of this offense and the ramifications of this whole experience. You were a huge, huge help!!

We went to court today. I thought it was for sentencing. Turns out he hasn't even been formally charged by the prosecutor yet. They're still waiting on the police officer to finish his report.

Initially the judge was going to send him back to lock-up until the trial on Thursday (at 1:30, by the way. Please be praying!). The probation officer was pushing for that because of the seriousness of the offense. But when Walt asked how to handle school, and when I pointed out that there were 4 other boys involved, all of whom are free and clear just because they weren't honest enough to admit their involvement to the officer, the judge changed his mind and said he would send Keith home on home arrest. He could go to school, church and home and that's it. We said that was fine. And that we already knew that as far as we, his parents, are concerned, he might as well be on house arrest anyway and also that we are not going to allow him to be with those other boys if we can help it. We understand that they go to the same school, so it will be hard during school hours to keep them apart, but we can do it the rest of the day. The judge thought some more and said that he agreed, that Keith should have absolutely NO contact with those boys at all ever. So in view of that, he is now on complete house arrest. Meaning he now has to do his school work at home as well. At least until Thursday after the trial. We'll see from there.

The judge also pointed out to Keith that, depending on what they decide to formally charge him with, he could get time served. Or he could get 6 more months. Or he could get 1 year. Or he COULD be locked up until he's 18. PLEASE PRAY THAT HE DOES NOT HAVE TO GO BACK TO JAIL.

He certainly seems to have learned a big lesson. At least so far. We'll see what tomorrow brings. And the next day and the next.................. I'm praying that this was enough.

Margie,

I'm glad I could help. I will continue to pray. PM or email me anytime!!

S
Psa 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

1Pe 5:6-7 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.

Tit 3:2 To speak evil of no man, to be no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekness unto all men.

Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:08 AM
Create Your Own Rainbows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
Wonderful news, my friend. I'm sure he'll get off with time served, but he better learn his lesson. He won't get off like that if there's a next time.

And I know what you mean about the house arrest. There's no judge that could impose a harsher house sentence than I would give to my own son!
I think so too. I feel like if the judge was willing to let him go home they will let him off with time served. He will be banking on this to be a learning experience for him.

Still praying for y'all.