Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 05-02-2013, 08:50 AM
Registered Member

Christians as organ donors

The link reveals a very touching story and a nice end to a horrific experience suffered by the victim. Made me wonder about my decision marked on my drivers license to not to be an organ donor.

I'm hoping some others would share their decisions on the subject and the reasons why.

Blessings

Doug

http://health.yahoo.net/articles/hea...veals-new-face
Old 05-02-2013, 08:52 AM
Still Figuring It Out.

Re: Christians as organ donors

I can say this... I have a cornea in my left eye that once belonged to someone else.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:50 AM

I am an organ donor and plan to be swabbed for bone marrow matching.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titus2woman View Post
I am an organ donor and plan to be swabbed for bone marrow matching.
My understanding would be that you are being tested or put better being prepared for a process that would happen while you are still alive rather than for something to be taken from you after you die.......... yes?

I posted this topic on another form, and over there someone brought up the idea that a person is kept alive in a hospital until the organs can be harvested. This I would have a problem with because the spirit and soul cannot leave the body until the body dies therefore “we” would be stuck and held captive in a physical body that was no longer of any use instead of being able to receive our inheritance in heaven
Old 05-02-2013, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livelystone View Post
My understanding would be that you are being tested or put better being prepared for a process that would happen while you are still alive rather than for something to be taken from you after you die.......... yes?

I posted this topic on another form, and over there someone brought up the idea that a person is kept alive in a hospital until the organs can be harvested. This I would have a problem with because the spirit and soul cannot leave the body until the body dies therefore “we” would be stuck and held captive in a physical body that was no longer of any use instead of being able to receive our inheritance in heaven

Ummm... where to start... well scientifically I believe that death is a spectrum and brain death and body death are different... Even so the delay would not be more than a few hours for organ harvest and I'm good with that to have the chance to give someone else more time on wonderful planet earth.

Theologically I don't don't really ascribe to the 'absent from the body, present with the Lord' thing... I believe we wait for the resurection and judgement... but I'm certainly not saying I have all the answers on that.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:55 PM
I remain the Petulant Chevalier

I am an organ donor.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:40 PM
Forever Loved Admin

I have a keyboard, no organ.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 05-03-2013, 07:13 AM
Banned

I feel for those who had received organs from Christians when rapture finally happens. They might give my corneas to someone.

Imagine that... at the rapture, suddenly those corneas come flying back to my resurrected body. Then some dude's wondering around blind yelling, "My eyes, my eyes! Where are my eyes?!" That's when I nonchallantly say, "Over hear..." and walk away. lol

Don't judge me... they're MY eyes!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post
I feel for those who had received organs from Christians when rapture finally happens. They might give my corneas to someone.

Imagine that... at the rapture, suddenly those corneas come flying back to my resurrected body. Then some dude's wondering around blind yelling, "My eyes, my eyes! Where are my eyes?!" That's when I nonchallantly say, "Over hear..." and walk away. lol

ROFL!!! Now not only is a tissue match necessary... but if you are an infidel you better make sure that kidney doesn't come from one of those Christians to avoid early reposession! ... or you could just get saved!
Old 05-03-2013, 09:16 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquila View Post

That's funny!

For those who can consider this becoming an actual event is a direct result of the truth of the resurrection being lost on the church.