Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-24-2017, 02:07 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 47,427
Hurricane Harvey - Texas Coast

We have been issued a mandatory evacuation. Haven't ever had to leave before.

Pray for the Texas and Louisiana Coast. The Hurricane is projected to move Southeast back over the Gulf and turn NE into Louisiana.

They are projecting a Category 3. We are on the dangerous side of this.

Thanks and Adios!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-24-2017, 02:07 PM
BrainWashed's Avatar
BrainWashed BrainWashed is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 165
Re: Hurrican Harvey - Texas Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
We have been issued a mandatory evacuation. Haven't ever had to leave before.

Pray for the Texas and Louisiana Coast. The Hurricane is projected to move Southeast back over the Gulf and turn NE into Louisiana.

They are projecting a Category 3. We are on the dangerous side of this.

Thanks and Adios!!!
Send me some hurricane rain in a bottle! Be safe!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-24-2017, 02:08 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 47,427
Re: Hurrican Harvey - Texas Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainWashed View Post
Send me some hurricane rain in a bottle! Be safe!
My husband wants to leave in the morning, when the tropical winds are getting here. Ugh! And, thanks!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-24-2017, 02:09 PM
BrainWashed's Avatar
BrainWashed BrainWashed is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 165
Re: Hurrican Harvey - Texas Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
My husband wants to leave in the morning, when the tropical winds are getting here. Ugh! And, thanks!
Hurray for him! He must like excitement like me!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-24-2017, 02:10 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 47,427
Re: Hurrican Harvey - Texas Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainWashed View Post
Hurray for him! He must like excitement like me!
Yea, it's real exciting. LOL! We haven't started boarding up the house.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-24-2017, 02:15 PM
Amanah's Avatar
Amanah Amanah is offline
One Thing-Phil 3:13-14


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sebastian, FL
Posts: 7,199
Re: Hurricane Harvey - Texas Coast

Be Safe, Cat 3 usually isn't anything to worry about.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-24-2017, 02:17 PM
BrainWashed's Avatar
BrainWashed BrainWashed is offline
Registered Member


 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 165
Re: Hurrican Harvey - Texas Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Yea, it's real exciting. LOL! We haven't started boarding up the house.
I'd be pumping air in my rubber ducky floater, and putting on some swimming trunks.





simple image host
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-24-2017, 02:36 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 47,427
Re: Hurricane Harvey - Texas Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Be Safe, Cat 3 usually isn't anything to worry about.
We stayed during a low Category 2 and many houses had trees fall and destroy their roofs. I think that 130 mph winds (CAT 3) is pretty strong. lol!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-24-2017, 02:50 PM
Amanah's Avatar
Amanah Amanah is offline
One Thing-Phil 3:13-14


 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Sebastian, FL
Posts: 7,199
Re: Hurricane Harvey - Texas Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
We stayed during a low Category 2 and many houses had trees fall and destroy their roofs. I think that 130 mph winds (CAT 3) is pretty strong. lol!
if they are asking you to evacuate, then yeah, the sooner the better to avoid traffic jams.

I live in Florida and we ride them out, but will leave for a 4 or 5.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-24-2017, 03:15 PM
Pressing-On's Avatar
Pressing-On Pressing-On is offline
Not riding the train


 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 47,427
Re: Hurricane Harvey - Texas Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
if they are asking you to evacuate, then yeah, the sooner the better to avoid traffic jams.

I live in Florida and we ride them out, but will leave for a 4 or 5.
It isn't so much the wind category as it is that the storm is trapped between two high pressure systems causing it to stall out and dump loads of rain. It is supposed to dump rain for 6 days, at least.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Paul Harvey on the devil. Dordrecht Fellowship Hall 5 10-07-2012 03:58 PM
Paul Harvey has died Sam Fellowship Hall 11 03-03-2009 01:44 PM
IRVIN BAXTER on Coast to Coast with George Noory Praxeas Fellowship Hall 16 04-22-2008 12:37 AM
The Introduction of Jesus....by Steve Harvey Jack Shephard Fellowship Hall 14 09-13-2007 08:52 AM
Hurrican off Hawaii? Praxeas The Newsroom 0 08-12-2007 12:10 AM

 
User Infomation
Your Avatar

Latest Threads
- by Amanah
- by n david

Help Support AFF!

Advertisement




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.