Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 06-18-2007, 10:41 AM

If Jesus got his blood chromosomes which total 48 from his Daddy, plus 24 chromosomes from his Mommy ... he was never human.

Humans have 48 chromosomes.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
Still don't get it blood is not sperm ... !!!! If I use your model Jesus is half man and half God ... when he is ALL MAN and ALL GOD.
He is all man and all God not half of either but there was a conception and something had to come from the Father for there to be a conception. Either teaching is off God providing all(Divine Flesh) or Mary providing all(don't have a label for this lunacy). CONCEPTION is the INCARNATION. The INCARNATION is NOT just an INDWELLING if so we are God He indwells us. The Word was MADE flesh.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
He is all man and all God not half of either but there was a conception and something had to come from the Father for there to be a conception. Either teaching is off God providing all(Divine Flesh) or Mary providing all(don't have a label for this lunacy). CONCEPTION is the INCARNATION. The INCARNATION is NOT just an INDWELLING if so we are God He indwells us. The Word was MADE flesh.
We can agree that the Word became flesh ... but we sound foolish in trying to explain the conception... whether it be the divine flesh or divine blood doctrine ... my faith is fluid and it flexes... it is not rigid .... I refuse to have to understand how He did this miracle but I know that he did it.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Alicea View Post
If Jesus got his blood chromosomes which total 48 from his Daddy, plus 24 chromosomes from his Mommy ... he was never human.

Humans have 48 chromosomes.
I am NOT saying this I am saying He recieved the 24 from His Father and 24 from His mother. Just as in any birth. She CONCIEVED!!! Thus she has to recieve something from someone to conceive. Even a Kentuckian knows that.
She was CONCIEVED of the Holy Ghost and found with the child of the Holy Ghost the ONLY BEGOTTEN Son of God. He was BEGOTTEN.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

Are we having fun yet?:sshhholoroid:girlpo pcorn
Old 06-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Roc View Post
We never reach perfection on this side of eternity...that is why we need continual grace...and that is why we die daily.
With all due respect, seeing I was in the same error for a time until I studied it out, I entirely disagree. I think you unintentionally propose a sacred cow that is popular but not correct teaching.

His daily dying was not regarding sin and self. The context does not allow it. It was regarding actual and physical threats to his life. The chapter is about bodily resurrection. So he spoke of bodily threats.

In the same spirit and language he wrote this:

Quote:
2Co 4:8-12 KJV We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; (9) Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; (10) Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. (11) For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. (12) So then death worketh in us, but life in you.
Notice the DEATH he described as always being experienced by himself was physical threats like persecutions and being cast down, etc. He was not speaking about dying every day so he would not sin.

Quote:
1Co 15:30-32 KJV And why stand we in jeopardy every hour? (31) I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. (32) If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.
The daily dying was the daily facing of threats to his physical life! That is exactly the language he used to describe his physical plights of ministry in 2 Cor 4.

Contrary to the entire error of thinking we must die ever day in relation to sin, Paul plainly taught that just as CHRIST DIED ONCE TO SIN, we are to reckon ourselves DEAD ONCE (INDEED) to sin.

Quote:
Rom 6:9-12 KJV Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him. (10) For in that he died, he died unto sin once: but in that he liveth, he liveth unto God. (11) Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord. (12) Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
Christ would never did again in relation to sin after He died ONCE. And Roma 6:11 says we must conisider ourselves dead to sin "LIKEWISE". LIKEWISE means we must take the SINGLE DEATH -- NOT DAILY DEATH -- to sin and consider ourselves AS DEAD TO SIN AS JESUS IS. And this is the reason upon which verse 12 says we shoudl nto let sin reign in us.

Brother, please consider this carefully, as I really think it is a common error you propose, and robs us of truth and real victory.

The reason verse 12 gives for us to not let sin rule in our lives is given in verses 9 through 11. Christ DIED ONCE to sin. LIKEWISE we died ONCE to sin. Dying daily is not dying to SIN BUT is actually speaking about a life like Paul's that was constantly, everyday, physically threatened. He was not speaking about sinning or not sinning when he wrote that. Otherwise he contradicted the entire truth of Romans 6:9-11.

Quote:
Not so... he did not say "I found this law at work"....he said "I FIND this law at work".....an ever present state....a continual battle in our mind...our Spirit versus our sinful nature.
No. The law IS at work when we qualify for it to work. That is, when we MIND THE THINGS OF THE FLESH and seek to make ourselves do good by lawkeeping, THE LAW IS AT WORK. But when we INSTEAD rely on the Spirit,

Quote:
And the more we walk in the Spirit, naturally, the less we are dominated by the sinful nature....

Not less. If we walk in the SPirit WE WILL NOT sin! We won't. The problem is to get out of the HABIT of minding the flesh and trying in our own effort, since that stupid trend is ingrained within us.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:49 AM

Quote:
I am NOT saying this I am saying He recieved the 24 from His Father and 24 from His mother. Just as in any birth. She CONCIEVED!!! Thus she has to recieve something from someone to conceive. Even a Kentuckian knows that.
She was CONCIEVED of the Holy Ghost and found with the child of the Holy Ghost the ONLY BEGOTTEN Son of God. He was BEGOTTEN.
No ... you don't believe it was 24 and 24 ....

by my count since you believe she provided the egg [24] and God,the blood [48,] that would be a grand total of 72 chromosomes ... don't know any humans with 72 chomosomes, Elder.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Does NOT matter the conception of Jesus does NOT matter?????????????
The INCARNATION does NOT matter??????????????
\
NOT IN THIS RESPECT, NO.

It MATTERS in other respects of his identity and such. But it does not give the reason He did not sin. The BIBLE says, not Mike Blume, that He was justified in the Spirit. The BIBLE says he did what he did because He relied upon the Father in Him.

Where does the bible say that because he was God incarnate that He did nto sin?????

Quote:
God was the father of Adam by creation not His Father by a birth. Jesus was the ONLY begotten son.

Jesus had LUSTS and JESUS was ENTICED to:
Steal
Commit Adultery
Lie
Commit Homosexuality?

And Jesus having these feelings was blameless and without spot?
We do not know if he was tempted with stealing or homosexuality. But he was tempted to sin. And He is still without spot because HE DID NOT FULFILL THOSE LUSTS, since He walked after the flesh.

Being TEMPTED does not make you unclean. You cannot help it if a bird flies over your head. But you can stop it from building its nest there in your hair, or lack thereof.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:51 AM
His word burns in my heart like a fire...Fire Fall Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Paul was not relating his ever-present struggle, in Romans 7.

Compare to Romans 7:22-24:

"I love God’s law with all my heart. But there is another power within me that is at war with my mind. This power makes me a slave to the sin that is still within me. Oh, what a miserable person I am! Who will free me from this life that is dominated by sin and death? Thank God! The answer is in Jesus Christ our Lord. So you see how it is: In my mind I really want to obey God’s law, but because of my sinful nature I am a slave to sin."

Paul is not talking about a past struggle, by saying that he loves God's law shows that it is a present state and that simultaneously he sees another power within him at work....our sinful desires and nature does not leave us once we become a Christian....but we are to counter attack that nature by living and walking in the Spirit (for we are no longer have to worry about living under the control of sin as we have a way out)....and the more good deeds and fruit we bear, the easier it becomes to live victoriously. And the good deeds bring glory to the Father!

Old 06-18-2007, 10:52 AM
Hello AFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Hutchinson View Post
For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched ,with the feeling of our infirmities ,but was in all points tempted as we are ,yet without sin.HEBREWS.4:15

We know that Jesus Christ was the only begotten of the Father full of grace and truth ,as well as being God manifest in the flesh.

We know that He was borned of a virgin ,and did not have a fallen Adamic nature ,yet He was tempted in all points like as we are yet He didn't sin.

But did Jesus Christ in His humanity have the ability or potential to sin ,had He chosen to ?

What say ye did Jesus Christ have the ability to commit sin ?
Could you even imagine If Jesus did sin?

What would have happened to God, if he had sinned?