Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-09-2020, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

Re: The United States NEEDS to Repent or Die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I depress you because I don't tell you what you want to hear, I guess. I'm actually very happy right now. I just became a grandpa. Thanks be to Jesus!

Trust me, I'm not depressed nor am I depressing.

Except to people who expect me to genuflect everytime they play the pipes I guess?
1 Kings 22:8 KJV
And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, There is yet one man, Micaiah the son of Imlah, by whom we may enquire of the Lord : but I hate him; for he doth not prophesy good concerning me, but evil. And Jehoshaphat said, Let not the king say so.
Congratulations.
Old 12-09-2020, 08:00 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Congratulations.
Thank you! Starting to think I'm getting old or something... lol

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-09-2020, 08:20 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehud View Post
Not commenting on Originalist directly, but this is *exactly* what I am seeing all around me. Many seem to have become too American to be Christian.
Your Kung Fu, is very good!

Old 12-09-2020, 08:21 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Thank you! Starting to think I'm getting old or something... lol
Old 12-09-2020, 08:27 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
About Sodom and Gomorrah. God would not have spared the cities of the plain for the sake of ten righteous people living there. Rather, He would have spared them for the sake of Abraham's intercession on the basis of ten righteous being there.

Abraham's intercession was key.

Is anyone interceding for America?

We surely ought to be.
Why Certainly!

Old 12-09-2020, 08:31 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
I don't think you understand what "natural law" actually means. It's a cop out. A way to get away from THUS SAITH JEHOVAH.

We ought to stand for God's law, not man's law, and not some undefined vague concept of "natural rights".
Like the three Hebrew children?

Those nutty kids, what were they thinking?
Old 12-09-2020, 08:40 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Listen brother, I’m not trying to sound rude, or hateful. Yet, I just don’t see a country like the USA turning Apostolic. Actually, I don't see any nation on this planet turning Apostolic. As far as the USA is concerned, its not bible based and IMO it never has been.

Quote:
Look at the time of Jesus, was that nation submitted to Gods law? No, it wasn’t. What about the nation of Israel, or countries like Italy, Greece, etc.. none of those areas were 100% Christ followers.

Better yet, look at the life of Christ, can you tell me where he spoke against the governing authority? Matter of fact...

Mark 12:17
And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

Maybe this is where the founding fathers birthed the idea of, “separation of church & state”.

The song say, “too be like Jesus....” well. He ministered to the heart.
I'll have you know that the Greek Flag means Christian.
Old 12-09-2020, 08:41 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Intercession isn't going to come from a worldly, entertainment saturated heart. I miss the pre-service prayer, lost in the Spirit worship, and hard preaching that shook me to the core of my youth. I feel like I'm trudging through mud trying to find my way back.

Old 12-09-2020, 10:11 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Listen brother, I’m not trying to sound rude, or hateful. Yet, I just don’t see a country like the USA turning Apostolic. Actually, I don't see any nation on this planet turning Apostolic. As far as the USA is concerned, its not bible based and IMO it never has been.

Look at the time of Jesus, was that nation submitted to Gods law? No, it wasn’t. What about the nation of Israel, or countries like Italy, Greece, etc.. none of those areas were 100% Christ followers.

Better yet, look at the life of Christ, can you tell me where he spoke against the governing authority? Matter of fact...

Mark 12:17
And Jesus answering said unto them, Render to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. And they marvelled at him.

Maybe this is where the founding fathers birthed the idea of, “separation of church & state”.

The song say, “too be like Jesus....” well. He ministered to the heart.
A few depressing points, if I may?

1. The issue isn't really about the entire US population becoming One God Apostolics. As awesome as that would be, that's really not the issue. No nation has been perfect. Of the Seven Churches in Revelation 2 and 3, how many were 100% in the will of God? Most of them were full of either backsliders or heretics. And those were apostolic churches! The issue here (in the thread that depresses PressingOn, one of many) is that AS a nation adheres to the Word of God, there is a corresponding blessing. If the nation seeks guidance from the Word, it is a student of God. As individuals we convert and become students, we learn, we grow, it is a process. A nation is no different, there is growth and learning. Hopefully the society becomes more thoroughly submitted to Christ and His Word. That is in fact the church's job: to disciple the nations.

2. Much of western civilisation is based on God's Word-Law. The common law which gives rise to American jurisprudence is largely just applications of the Bible to various situations. Ask yourself, "Would gay marriage be possible in early 19th century America?" Obviously not. Why? Why would it have been illegal and unrecognised by any state, court, or federal officer? Because it was UNBIBLICAL. That would be the legal reasoning that would have been used to reject a gay marriage agenda. The Christian and Biblical history of our nation is for the most part completely unknown even to most Christians. There's a reason car dealerships in Texas cannot be open for business both days of the weekend. It's a last remnant of the old blue laws. Which prohibited businesses from operating more than six days a week. Why? Because of the fourth commandment. Sure most of them were wrong about which day it was, but the fact remains: conformity to God's Word was a primary foundation for LAW in the US.

3. Render to Caesar... What exactly is Caesar's property? People use this all the time to excuse bad government. It is not Caesar's right to prevent obedience to God. Never was and never will be. Jesus' words do not mean "Government sucks so make sure you don't even think about improving it."

4. Separation of church and state originated as a baptist doctrine in the 1600s. It was co-opted by masons and humanists to make a way for them to infiltrate and subvert Christian society. Separation of church and state is a slogan that really means "Christianity should have no influence on policy." It is the cry of the antichrists as they subvert the state and institute THEIR religion as public policy.

There is no such thing as religious neutrality in politics. All politics is the application of some particular religious view to the governance of society. So which religious view should guide and inform policy? Which is better for the people? Should policy be guided by ungodliness? Or would it be better for policy to be informed by God's Word?

As a Christian, wouldn't you want society to get its direction from God and His Word? Wouldn't that be BEST? So then shouldn't we as Christians be pointing everyone to Christ as Saviour and Solver-of-problems, and His Word as the "instructional manual" for human society?

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-09-2020, 10:13 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
A few depressing points, if I may?

1. The issue isn't really about the entire US population becoming One God Apostolics. As awesome as that would be, that's really not the issue. No nation has been perfect. Of the Seven Churches in Revelation 2 and 3, how many were 100% in the will of God? Most of them were full of either backsliders or heretics. And those were apostolic churches! The issue here (in the thread that depresses PressingOn, one of many) is that AS a nation adheres to the Word of God, there is a corresponding blessing. If the nation seeks guidance from the Word, it is a student of God. As individuals we convert and become students, we learn, we grow, it is a process. A nation is no different, there is growth and learning. Hopefully the society becomes more thoroughly submitted to Christ and His Word. That is in fact the church's job: to disciple the nations.

2. Much of western civilisation is based on God's Word-Law. The common law which gives rise to American jurisprudence is largely just applications of the Bible to various situations. Ask yourself, "Would gay marriage be possible in early 19th century America?" Obviously not. Why? Why would it have been illegal and unrecognised by any state, court, or federal officer? Because it was UNBIBLICAL. That would be the legal reasoning that would have been used to reject a gay marriage agenda. The Christian and Biblical history of our nation is for the most part completely unknown even to most Christians. There's a reason car dealerships in Texas cannot be open for business both days of the weekend. It's a last remnant of the old blue laws. Which prohibited businesses from operating more than six days a week. Why? Because of the fourth commandment. Sure most of them were wrong about which day it was, but the fact remains: conformity to God's Word was a primary foundation for LAW in the US.

3. Render to Caesar... What exactly is Caesar's property? People use this all the time to excuse bad government. It is not Caesar's right to prevent obedience to God. Never was and never will be. Jesus' words do not mean "Government sucks so make sure you don't even think about improving it."

4. Separation of church and state originated as a baptist doctrine in the 1600s. It was co-opted by masons and humanists to make a way for them to infiltrate and subvert Christian society. Separation of church and state is a slogan that really means "Christianity should have no influence on policy." It is the cry of the antichrists as they subvert the state and institute THEIR religion as public policy.

There is no such thing as religious neutrality in politics. All politics is the application of some particular religious view to the governance of society. So which religious view should guide and inform policy? Which is better for the people? Should policy be guided by ungodliness? Or would it be better for policy to be informed by God's Word?

As a Christian, wouldn't you want society to get its direction from God and His Word? Wouldn't that be BEST? So then shouldn't we as Christians be pointing everyone to Christ as Saviour and Solver-of-problems, and His Word as the "instructional manual" for human society?