Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-09-2020, 10:17 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: The United States NEEDS to Repent or Die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
I mean, isn't the Stone Kingdom supposed to increase and fill the whole earth, having smashed the kingdoms of Man to pieces?

Sounds like winning, to me.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-09-2020, 10:30 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I mean, isn't the Stone Kingdom supposed to increase and fill the whole earth, having smashed the kingdoms of Man to pieces?

Exactly, the stone strikes the feet, and consumes the earth. This was accepted once by all Christendom. Eastern, Western Catholicism, and Protestant Churches. All believed they were to be missionaries to not only convert individuals but entire nations.
Old 12-09-2020, 11:02 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Exactly, the stone strikes the feet, and consumes the earth. This was accepted once by all Christendom. Eastern, Western Catholicism, and Protestant Churches. All believed they were to be missionaries to not only convert individuals but entire nations.
And despite the problems that inevitably crop up because people are fallible, we didn't have gay pride parades, people getting fined and jailed and thrown in prison because they collected water off their roof into a rain barrel, or losing their house because they grew tomatoes in the front yard instead of petunias, or being fined for not baking a cake that extolled the virtues of perversion, or a myriad other things we face daily in the land of the fee and home of the slave.

In fact, they brought the Bible and name of Jesus to every nation on earth, they indoctrinated just about the whole of mankind into basic concepts of right and wrong, not to mention running water and steam power and electricity...

Historic Western Christian Civilisation on a bad day is better than the globohomo Clown World that we see crawling out of the pit at its best. Because the Clown Car is riding into the abyss. What light we see at present in society is the leftover blessings we've been enjoying from the labours of those who came before us.

The only way to avoid crashing into the swamp and drowning is to return to Christ and seek Him and His remedy for what ails us.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-09-2020, 11:29 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I am glad that you aren’t God, because your first comments and outlook appear negative quite a lot.
My first comment:

Quote:
True. Without repentance sin is not forgiven. No repentance, no restoration.

And repentance is more than just feeling bad and weeping about how bad it is. It includes actually correcting the bad behaviour.

A thief who cries at the altar, but still shoplifts, has not repented.

My second comment:

Quote:
More than we might know, but less than we might think.

My third comment (notice the bolded part towards the end):
Quote:
On the one hand, you are a Christian.

On the other hand, you are an American, you love America, you're a patriot.

On the third hand you seem intent on keeping God and the Bible as far away from "saving the republic" as possible, except for some real basic lip service.

So, I'd say you are the literal poster child for what I've been saying for awhile now, to which you have repeatedly objected. Yet you keep proving my point for me.

So my conclusion to the whole mess?

A hard rain's a gonna fall. And a whole lot of people are gonna suffer, needlessly, simply because they just will not get right with God. And no, these aren't the lefties I'm talking about. It's the MAGA crowd.

I also have hope that a remnant is figuring this out, and THEY will the be ones who actually get something substantive done over the next couple decades.

And folks like YOU will likely, sadly, be first in line to oppose them and call for their being GITMOed.
Now, here's one person's only contribution to the discussion, on page 1 no less:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegsm76 View Post
Yes. Will it happen, NO.

We have a hard enough time getting "our" people to repent.

We are consumed with entertainment.

God help us.
But, I'm the depressing distributor of downers? Meanwhile, PO's only contribution to the whole discussion consists of two posts whining about how sucky I must be and how miserable my life surely is, and a third consisting of some kind of cute snicker in response to a snide (and lying) personal attack on me.

Looks like PO is just a negative person, and likes to project their negativity onto someone who doesn't log in to AFF for the sole purpose of affirming PO's sense of deserved happiness?

Are my posts just nothing but negativity and doom and gloom? Or are my posts simply pointing out the Emperor's new clothes aren't what the mob is chanting they are? And that there is a Better Way. Called THE HOLY BIBLE. Yes, indeed, there is a better way than a GOP grifter campaign, and a better Plan than "MAGA", and a better leader than POTUS.

Trump may be your President, but Jesus is my King. He's your's too. Maybe you should start acting like it?

Or not.

Old 12-10-2020, 12:23 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
I don't agree. John Locke was saying THUS SAITH Jehovah.
Silly you.
John Locke, Second Treatise On Government, Chapter 2:

Sect. 4. TO understand political power right, and derive it from its original, we must consider, what state all men are naturally in, and that is, a state of perfect freedom to order their actions, and dispose of their possessions and persons, as they think fit, within the bounds of the law of nature, without asking leave, or depending upon the will of any other man.
The state of nature has a law of nature to govern it, which obliges every one: and reason, which is that law, teaches all mankind,...
Chapter 4:

Sect. 22. THE natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but to have only the law of nature for his rule. The liberty of man, in society, is to be under no other legislative power, but that established, by consent, in the commonwealth; nor under the dominion of any will, or restraint of any law, but what that legislative shall enact, according to the trust put in it. Freedom then is not what Sir Robert Filmer tells us, Observations, A. 55. a liberty for every one to do what he lists, to live as he pleases, and not to be tied by any laws: but freedom of men under government is, to have a standing rule to live by, common to every one of that society, and made by the legislative power erected in it; a liberty to follow my own will in all things, where the rule prescribes not; and not to be subject to the inconstant, uncertain, unknown, arbitrary will of another man: as freedom of nature is, to be under no other restraint but the law of nature.
Locke's philosophy rests on the mythical and nonexistent "state of nature", governed by an unwritten mythical "law of nature" (or, "natural law"), which he defines as "reason" (which means what, exactly? Who decides what "reason" dictates as far as law and rights?). Originalist makes much ado about "natural law" and "natural rights" and claims Locke as his authority and reference. The MAGA movement he thinks is, or ought to be, fighting for the rule of "natural law" and the supremacy of "natural rights". But, observe:

1. The law of nature and natural rights are, according to Locke, proper for the STATE OF NATURE, in the absence of human society. Locke clearly distinguishes between the state of nature and the state of society, between the law of nature and the law of society, and between natural liberty and liberty within a society. To argue for a return to natural law is to argue a return to the state of nature and an overthrow of civil society. That is, it is to argue for a total dissolution of society, strict anarchy in its purest sense. But of course, Originalist seems to have missed all that.

2. Moreover, Locke teaches things that are wholly opposed to Divine Revelation. He claims man in a state of nature is subject to no law but this amorphous and undefinable "reason". The Bible teaches that man, as a moral agent, is subject to God's unalterable moral law, regardless of his state. Locke teaches that freedom is to be subject to no law except civil law, that freedom is absolute except as restricted by the civil government, that the legislative body of government ALONE prescribes law. The Bible teaches that God is the Lawgiver, that His Law is the Holy Bible, that freedom is the right and ability to obey God and deny sin, that man has no RIGHT to transgress God's Law regardless of what the civil legislature says.

Lockean theories of jurisprudence and rights are HUMANISM and inevitably lead to EXACTLY WHERE WE ARE: Globohomo Clown World. Locke gave lip service to God while subverting God's authority. Just like the Pharisees did. Just like most modern "Judeo-Christian" Americans continue to do.

God's truth isn't found in Locke's philosophy, but in the Holy Bible.

Last edited by Esaias; 12-10-2020 at 12:35 AM.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:44 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Quote:

Old 12-10-2020, 04:53 AM
Covenant Apostolic

In defense of the founders, they were deists, so they looked to the laws of nature as representing nature's God.

But our world is fallen, and life in nature is nasty, brutish, and short outside of God's law which is the law of love.
Old 12-10-2020, 05:10 AM
Registered Member

Quote:

I'll have you know that the Greek Flag means Christian.
Thats great, I never knew that.

That doesn't mean the country was saved by Acts 2:38..
Old 12-10-2020, 05:51 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
Thats great, I never knew that.

That doesn't mean the country was saved by Acts 2:38..
Novocaine1968, I’m replying to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
America is the only nation founded on biblical principles.
No missionary who ever set out set out with the mind set they would only save a limited number. Even though the passage states the narrow way, and the almost closed door. That few enter in, we look to convert nations. I know Greek Orthodox priests who hear non Eastern Greek Churchmen make statements like, “we can’t, and never will convert XY and Z” throw their heads back and laugh. Listen think about this, do we have more faith that we can’t, then we can?
Old 12-10-2020, 05:52 AM

It was good to see the first news link I clicked on this morning, had a comment of, “with Jesus Christ by my side...”
(I acknowledge they are few and far between, w respect to political news media....)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...gh-mcenany.amp

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 12-10-2020 at 06:03 AM.