Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 09-04-2008, 05:54 PM
Resident PeaceMaker

Don't Be Cheated.

Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit according to the tradition of men,according to the basic principles of the world,and not according to Christ. COL:2:8 NKJV

Here we have The Apostle saying something to the congregation at Colosse,that rings truth today.

Many good people are being cheated of eternal life and heavenly riches because they have built their lives on philosphies that have deceived them and have caused them to be blinded to a live that finds worth due to the grace of God,and what Christ has purchased for us due to His sacrifice and shed blood.

Man is a fallen creature and the only goodness that we can ever attain to comes from being saved by grace through faith and abiding in Christ ,any belief that teaches otherwise is a damnable lie and it is not worth the paper it is written on.

Only through being in Christ,does life have true and lasting value,outside of this is a vain existence,and any philosphy that is not Christ centered leads to everlasting destruction,have all of the philosphers and their teachings all you want,but Rock of Ages cleft for me,let me hide myself in thee.

Christ and His teachings alone are all the only rock for a life of true value to be built upon.

Don't let the high brow flowery speeches of wordly philosphy,turn you away from everlasting life.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Christmas 2009

Re: Don't Be Cheated.

Good thoughts, Bro. Scott.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Registered Member

sobering.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:30 AM
of 9!! :)

Bro. Scott I have been reading the Book of Jude this morning. Similar warnings given in this single book/chapter of the NT.

Jude admonishes us to.......

earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. He warned there were certain men that crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ.

He called some......clouds without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots; raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darness forever.......

murmerers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage.

Jude reminded us that there would mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.....being sensual and not having the Spirit.

Then he tells us to keep ourselves in the love of God...looking for mercy from Jesus Christ...to have compassion....to make a difference.....saving some with fear, pulling some out of the fire.......

Very sobering warnings and admonishments indeed.

God bless.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Resident PeaceMaker

Thank you for the nice comments,actually it was kinda late when I wrote this and didn't use my glasses,so I could have written this a little beter.