Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 12-20-2020, 04:03 PM
Registered Member

Re: Sid Roth, Branham, Cain, and Reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Anyone?
Some say he prophesied his own death, yet I listened to some of the sermon that was eventually to be his last. And it wasn’t precise, he just said that he will walk through the gate of death. Nothing like, in one week I will be on the other side of that gate of death.

He became very confused after he left the Pentecostal movement. And now with the internet you can search all his sermons and do your own study. Yet, he would denounce the trinity, and then in another sermon he would say, God is 3. He even did that with his serpent seed doctrine. He would proclaim himself as the only voice of God, some of his followers state that this was the second Jesus that came in the flesh.

In the beginning he was indeed used in the gift of healing, yet prophecy was so-so. I wouldn’t consider him a prophet, I would consider him at the beginning of his ministry as a man used by God in the ministry of Healing.
Old 12-20-2020, 04:12 PM
Registered Member

William Branham was a false prophet.

Old 12-20-2020, 04:55 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Did he believe in Jesus? Did he repent? Was he baptized in Jesus name? Did he receive the Holy Ghost? Did he live in obedience to Christs commands?
He was pretribulation rapture. Branham believed as in the days of Noah, meant that the church would be taken up before the flood (Tribulation) William Branham believed that he was the “Angel” of the CHURCH AGE of Laodicea and in order to go into the pre-tribulation rapture one must accept the Message.

Branham believed that Satan impregnated Eve, and then Adam impregnated her as well. She had two infants created in her womb. One from Satan, and one from Adam. Hence the Serpent Seed. Branham believed the tribulation would be brought on by the Soviet Union. That he was the Ange of mercy which who was preaching the Message right before the tribulation. Branham brings up how Lot was taken out with His family from Sodom. To show how God would not let His church through tribulation.

Mike, was William Branham saved?
Old 12-20-2020, 05:01 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanah View Post
Wikipedia:
Prophecies Edit
Branham issued a series of prophecies during his ministry. He claimed to have had a prophetic revelation in June 1933 that predicted seven major events would occur before the Second Coming of Christ.[22] His followers believe he predicted several events, including the 1937 Ohio River Flood.[5] In 1964, Branham said judgement would strike the west coast of the United States and that Los Angeles would sink into the ocean; his most dramatic prediction.[119] Following both the 1933 and 1964 prophecies, Branham predicted the rapture would happen by 1977 and would be preceded by various worldwide disasters, the unification of denominational Christianity, and the rise-to-power of the Roman Catholic Pope.[144] Peter Duyzer, among other of Branham's critics, wrote that either none of Branham's prophecies came true or that they were all made after the fact.[164] Weaver wrote that Branham tended to embellish his predictions over time.[165][i] Branham's followers believe his prophecies came true, or will do so in the future.[160]
Deuteronomy 18:20-22 KJV
But the prophet, which shall presume to speak a word in my name, which I have not commanded him to speak, or that shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die. [21] And if thou say in thine heart, How shall we know the word which the Lord hath not spoken? [22] When a prophet speaketh in the name of the Lord, if the thing follow not, nor come to pass, that is the thing which the Lord hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously: thou shalt not be afraid of him.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 12-20-2020, 05:06 PM
Covenant Apostolic

Very disturbing that anyone would want to emulate a false prophet.
Old 12-20-2020, 05:33 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

How can anyone wear a Hawaiian shirt in Indiana
Old 12-20-2020, 08:40 PM
Registered Member

I heard at least one person who was with Branham in ministry say he saw him call out people thousands of times prophesying to them and that he was never wrong. I believed that back in the 80's when I heard it.

Now in the internet age we see testimonies of people saying otherwise. I was not there. I do know he was highly esteemed among Pentecostals in his day.

The Pastor of a Trinitarian Church I went to early on said God took Branham out because he was causing everyone to turn to Oneness.
Old 12-20-2020, 08:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
He was pretribulation rapture. Branham believed as in the days of Noah, meant that the church would be taken up before the flood (Tribulation) William Branham believed that he was the “Angel” of the CHURCH AGE of Laodicea and in order to go into the pre-tribulation rapture one must accept the Message.

Branham believed that Satan impregnated Eve, and then Adam impregnated her as well. She had two infants created in her womb. One from Satan, and one from Adam. Hence the Serpent Seed. Branham believed the tribulation would be brought on by the Soviet Union. That he was the Ange of mercy which who was preaching the Message right before the tribulation. Branham brings up how Lot was taken out with His family from Sodom. To show how God would not let His church through tribulation.

Well among Oneness believers of today judging themselves among themselves if they were consistent they would say he was saved. At least 4 UPC Pastors I know or know of in the last few years have said that the essentials are Oneness and Acts 2:38 and that one need not or even can be perfect.

Jesus said our works must be perfect or we will be blotted out of his book. That cannot be overlooked. On the other hand if the prophecy given by Kenneth Hagin was true it appeared God was showing mercy by taking him in death.

In which case it would be my belief that he must have been given a time before he died to repent of any sin. Maybe he did. Again I dont know. If anyone wants to be certain about their salvation let their works be perfect before God. Rev. 3:1-5
Old 12-20-2020, 09:05 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Well among Oneness believers of today judging themselves among themselves if they were consistent they would say he was saved. At least 4 UPC Pastors I know or know of in the last few years have said that the essentials are Oneness and Acts 2:38 and that one need not or even can be perfect.

Jesus said our works must be perfect or we will be blotted out of his book. That cannot be overlooked. On the other hand if the prophecy given by Kenneth Hagin was true it appeared God was showing mercy by taking him in death.

In which case it would be my belief that he must have been given a time before he died to repent of any sin. Maybe he did. Again I dont know. If anyone wants to be certain about their salvation let their works be perfect before God. Rev. 3:1-5
Based on what he believed

As far as YOU are concerned.

Old 12-20-2020, 09:48 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Based on what he believed

As far as YOU are concerned.

I believe he WAS saved at least in past tense. He had repented been baptized and received the Holy Ghost from many accounts. He taught strong holiness.

All that is good.

His serpent seed and pretrib altho nowhere near as faith destroying as the modern doctrine that Christ came and gathered his elect in 70ad is serious error.

If one wants to be assured of salvation they need to make sure their works are perfect. I hope he repented of any sins before his death.

Do YOU believe he was saved?