Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom
Facebook

Notices

The Newsroom FYI: News & Current Events, Political Discussions, etc.

Old 01-21-2021, 10:39 AM
Registered Member

Leopards/Spots, et. al.

Throughout the last year, I've had a good friend/apostolic evangelist buddy endlessly lay into Trump; his behavior, his tweets, his boorish, self-aggrandizing speaking style. His arrogance.

All of it true. Yet, as the firehose of opposition was in Trump's face, I noticed a distinct lack of willingness to acknowledge even the faintest bit of evil on this ethereal, "other side," as it were.

As I watched, I'd notice that he was a subscriber to the Lincoln project as well as The Bulwark--both organizations comprised of alleged conservatives that felt like trump was an aberrant parasite that would wreck the GOP.

Again, as a standalone premise, I get it. But then they actively worked to hand the senate over to Marxists-- people who were not Donald Trump.

And yet, they claim to be on your side.

But now that Joe Biden has been sworn in, and he is moving with light speed to magnify America's vulnerabilities, reduce our safety, and consolidate power, these guys will most likely be nowhere to be found on issues.

In reality, these are people who will never take a stand. Not on Abortion, not on marriage, not on a single lynchpin that holds a cogent society together. They will all claim their mission is to rid the movement and party of radioactive isotopes, and that their focus will be that: I'll let you go to the gallows on issues. I'll be over here complaining about mean tweets and national unity. They'll be writing papers about the nuances of the ebbs and flows of governmental cooperation--which in the world of David French--means: Fold. Give them what they want. It's the Christian thing to do. Don't even put up a rhetorical fight on the House floor.

But mostly this: They'll always be to the left of you in the public eye. And yet preface everything with "I'm a conservative, but . . . "

And my evangelist buddy will lecture his brothers and sisters in like fashion. The Trump era created a disorienting camouflage between two camps:

1) Me, who could barely stand the guy, but liked many things he did, and I will immediately contend for those things going forward without a hitch.

2) People who couldn't stand the guy, and conveniently use the ignominious exit of Donald Trump as cover to avoid taking a stand any on issues--for the foreseeable future.

Last edited by Ronnie G; 01-21-2021 at 11:20 AM.
Old 01-21-2021, 10:53 AM
of 9!! :)

Re: Leopards/Spots, et. al.

President Trump accomplished a lot of good things. He will be missed by many!
See this page, courtesy of Pressing On that she posted on another thread.....

https://www.magapill.com/
Old 01-21-2021, 10:57 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MawMaw View Post
President Trump accomplished a lot of good things. He will be missed by many!
See this page, courtesy of Pressing On that she posted on another thread.....

https://www.magapill.com/
I agree on many points. I needed to set up the Trump conundrum, though in order to make my point about the ideological cowardice I see.

I'm able to parse my issues and leave Trump behind. I'm thankful for the judges. I'm thankful for the relative stoppage of unbridled border vulnerabilities.

My point being, I'll not be hiding my pro-life/traditional marriage/refusal to be catechized by the LGBTQ blitzkrieg in the name of party purity.

And what it comes down to is this: these are all people that say "before Trump, I was a conservative and support x, y, and z. We need to get rid of him."

Now, he's gone. And yet I have a feeling the swishy inbreeding of the Establishment GOP has finally come home to roost. Somehow, these guys will never manage to find their boots, muskets and will to argue for the things that set the country apart.

Last edited by Ronnie G; 01-21-2021 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-22-2021, 02:07 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

None of these tv personalities actually run anything. The last time one of them thought they were actually in charge got "corrected" in 1963.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf

Old 01-22-2021, 02:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
None of these tv personalities actually run anything. The last time one of them thought they were actually in charge got "corrected" in 1963.
Someone was trying to convince me Trump was tinkering under the same hoods JFK was, but I wasn't so sure.