Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 10-01-2019, 11:43 AM
Not riding the train

Re: Women Keeping Silence: What I Teach

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
No, that is not my point at all. My point is you wanted to agree to disagree, and that is antithetical to how the Scriptures define agreement.

As far as unity is concerned, I think it's a case by case basis, where believers agree and don't agree. Where they do, they have unity in that area. Where they do not agree, they do not have unity in that area. See AFF as the best example of this.

That doesn't necessarily mean two people cannot, overall, be in general unity, that is, the unity of the Spirit, even if some specifics aren't lined up exactly the same.

Lastly, I did not state that the Bible doesn't bare out the oneness of God. I said I do not think that oneness, as it has been described and laid out, fully accounts for all that the Scriptures teach regarding the nature of God and His Son.

I went on to add that I think the oneness position has a lot right, more than most, but that I do not think it is all the way there.

See the difference between what I actually wrote and meant versus what you claimed I wrote and thought I meant? They are not the same.
I didn't save your quote and it may not be up anymore, but I don't recall you equivocating over the doctrine of the church, but what the bible says. I don't recall you denying that you supported a Trinitarian view. You may recall I was surprised that you were chosen as an Admin here and you said it was because no one else wanted the job. So, again, I don't recall you denying the Trinitarian doctrine.

You can put out a thread in support of your view, if you like. Perhaps, I don't understand your view at all.
Old 10-01-2019, 12:11 PM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Sister, are you reading what I write, or just sounding off?

I have more than once, including in the opening post of this thread, stated that women have every right to pray and prophesy (comfort, exhort, and edify; 1 Corinthians 14:3) in the church, as long as it is done decently and in order according to the Scriptures. This requires speaking out loud to all present.

So, you clearly aren't reading fully, or if you are, aren't attempting to fully understand my position, because the statement you made above has no bearing upon anything I've so far written.

From Post #1:

From Post #11:

From Post #58:

This is now the fourth time, once already including a reminder, about the correctness of women prophesying in church, and yet you still miss it?

Why? What are you aiming for?
Joel says that God will pour out His Spirit upon ALL flesh. He says that both men and women will prophesy.

I posted a video of Bro. Cunningham saying that prophesy means to preach and I recently listened to a video of Bro. Stoneking saying the same thing.

They are not wrong.

Brother Cunningham also gave examples of women having leadership roles in the Bible. I would also say that men in the NT are mentioned, but not mentioned, aside from the Apostles, any more than some of the women.

In Matthew 7:22 - "...Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name? and in your name cast out devils."

This means to foretell events, but to also speak by inspiration. The root word - "prophetes" - by analogy an inspired speaker; by extension a poet.

You can see by Matthew 7:22, they were used in may ways being filled with His Spirit. They just didn't go about it with a love of truth.

Ephesians 4:11-12 "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:"

I was privileged to sit under a wonderful woman preacher/pastor, who was very humble and greatly used of God. When she started out, the men pushed against it, but she kept her ministry as God had called her.

Having said that, you can see a progression today where it is much more prevalent and accepted. If a woman is to keep silent and not speak, then she can't do one single thing. You can't interpret that anyway you want - Oh, well, she can say Hi. LOL!

Apparently, having women in the church, there is a differentiation of the sexes and their roles. Not usurping a man's authority is one. Outer appearance is another. A woman can be used in the gifts and exercise her calling while not usurping a man's authority.

This is the law Genesis 3:16. Her "desire" would be unto him. She is subjected unto her husband. I would think that it would be necessary to keep order in the church, being that the NT essentially emancipated the women under the New Covenant.

You can have your opinion, however, I don't think the scriptures bear out or support your view.

And that is why I say we can agree to disagree. That doesn't cause us to not walk in unity. It allows us to respectfully deny an agreement.

Last edited by Pressing-On; 10-01-2019 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-01-2019, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
I didn't save your quote and it may not be up anymore, but I don't recall you equivocating over the doctrine of the church, but what the bible says. I don't recall you denying that you supported a Trinitarian view. You may recall I was surprised that you were chosen as an Admin here and you said it was because no one else wanted the job. So, again, I don't recall you denying the Trinitarian doctrine.

You can put out a thread in support of your view, if you like. Perhaps, I don't understand your view at all.
Is this what all the grief is about? That I am persona non grata with you because you think I might be a Trinitarian, but can't rightly remember?

How many years ago was it now I wrote I don't consider myself Oneness and it still comes up with you? It's like some scar you feel the need to rub every time we interact here on AFF, as if my declaration wounded you? What gives? Can't you let it go already?

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/
Old 10-01-2019, 10:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Joel says that God will pour out His Spirit upon ALL flesh. He says that both men and women will prophesy.

I posted a video of Bro. Cunningham saying that prophesy means to preach and I recently listened to a video of Bro. Stoneking saying the same thing.

They are not wrong.
Yes, they are. To prophesy and to preach are different words both in Greek and in Hebrew, and as such, they mean different things.

Quote:
Brother Cunningham also gave examples of women having leadership roles in the Bible. I would also say that men in the NT are mentioned, but not mentioned, aside from the Apostles, any more than some of the women.
None of these references are unfamiliar to anyone who has studied the issue, and yet, they don't prove what some would assume. Rather, what we do have is a 21st century re-reading of current trends and cultural norms back into an ancient worldview, one not espoused by the saints of either the OT or NT.

In the NT, the only woman mentioned by name with an actual ecclesiastical position of leadership in the church is Phoebe, called a servant, from the Greek word diakonos, meaning to "kick up dust", that is, move in a hurry, or rather, be an errand runner. Phoebe's task as errand runner was to deliver the letter Paul wrote to the Romans.

Paul advised the Romans to assist her because she is also a patronness, that is, someone with the financial means to assist or perhaps even protect, others. That is, help her get done what she went to Rome to do, so she could return to Cenchrea ASAP and continue being of financial aid to those who needed her help.

While such a thing is a great service to those who need it, it doesn't speak at all to what she did or how she functioned within a church meeting. I mean, do you really think Paul would commend her to anyone if she was a consistent violator of one of his cardinal rules about how women should behave in an assembly of the saints?

Quote:
In Matthew 7:22 - "...Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name? and in your name cast out devils."

This means to foretell events, but to also speak by inspiration. The root word - "prophetes" - by analogy an inspired speaker; by extension a poet.

You can see by Matthew 7:22, they were used in may ways being filled with His Spirit. They just didn't go about it with a love of truth.
So, they prophesied. So what??? It doesn't mean they were preachers who preached. Or teachers who taught. Paul defined what it means to prophesy in a meeting of the saints: to comfort, exhort, and edify, which women are allowed, per 1 Corinthians 11, to do. Merely speaking by inspiration from the Holy Spirit does not mean anyone is preaching or teaching when they do so.

Quote:
Ephesians 4:11-12 "And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:"

I was privileged to sit under a wonderful woman preacher/pastor, who was very humble and greatly used of God. When she started out, the men pushed against it, but she kept her ministry as God had called her.
So, here's the main issue. To admit you might be wrong about all of this, is to undermine your mentor's ministry and your appreciation for it. Is this about truth or about your feelings for who pastored you?

Quote:
Having said that, you can see a progression today where it is much more prevalent and accepted. If a woman is to keep silent and not speak, then she can't do one single thing. You can't interpret that anyway you want - Oh, well, she can say Hi. LOL!
If a woman is to keep silent and not speak, then she can't do one single thing?

Are you for real? Peter wrote up a nearly exhaustive, Biblical list of what women can do for God in the church, but for you, if she can't preach or teach, that is, if she can't put on her ministerial man-pants, she CAN'T DO ANYTHING.

How blind.

Quote:
Apparently, having women in the church, there is a differentiation of the sexes and their roles. Not usurping a man's authority is one. Outer appearance is another. A woman can be used in the gifts and exercise her calling while not usurping a man's authority.
Who has written otherwise? The difference here is you have a view outside of the teachings of the NT regarding what a woman can be called to do.

Quote:
This is the law Genesis 3:16. Her "desire" would be unto him. She is subjected unto her husband. I would think that it would be necessary to keep order in the church, being that the NT essentially emancipated the women under the New Covenant.
The desire Genesis 3:16 is talking about is the desire to seduce and through seduction, rule over her husband. It's the same Hebrew word used a chapter later regarding what God said to Cain regarding sin desiring to rule over him (See Genesis 4:7).

It's a word picture denoting a sexual predator. As such, it's a perfect descriptor of Jezebel, who used her feminine wiles to incite Ahab's lust so she could continue controlling him (See 1 Kings 21:25).

It's got nothing to do with a woman desiring to have a husband to be subject to. It's quite the reverse.

Quote:
You can have your opinion, however, I don't think the scriptures bear out or support your view.
That's quite okay with me, if you think that.

Quote:
And that is why I say we can agree to disagree. That doesn't cause us to not walk in unity. It allows us to respectfully deny an agreement.
Again, agreeing to disagree isn't Biblically possible, as respectful as it might be as a saying or idea used in today's world.

For me, simply writing, "I don't agree" is much more respectful, as it is straightforward, to the point, gets to the heart of the matter, and doesn't mince words or add euphemisms. I would much rather read "I think you are wrong", or even "You're wrong", then "agree to disagree".

Last edited by votivesoul; 10-01-2019 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-02-2019, 05:31 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Biblically, God has placed men in leadership roles, and they are indispensable in their role. Women have an indispensable supporting role.

I see women as a mainstay and glue that holds all together.
We are the keepers of the home. We are the main ones who raise and teach the next generation, the future leaders of the church and the world.
We are the ones who make life joyous in facilitating fellowship through the ministry of hospitality. We support other women in their roles as wives and mothers.

We also have an important role, like the Samarian women at the well, to go tell all what Jesus has done for us, sharing the gospel and testifying to the lost.
Via prayer and fasting God directs and leads us to be a witness for him as we go about our day.

Women are vital to the kingdom of God.

Last edited by Amanah; 10-02-2019 at 05:33 AM.
Old 10-02-2019, 06:52 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Is this what all the grief is about? That I am persona non grata with you because you think I might be a Trinitarian, but can't rightly remember?

How many years ago was it now I wrote I don't consider myself Oneness and it still comes up with you? It's like some scar you feel the need to rub every time we interact here on AFF, as if my declaration wounded you? What gives? Can't you let it go already?
I don't remember the exact wording of the posts, but recall the gist of the conversation.

So, now that you have vented, it would be interesting for you to start a thread and explain your stance on the Godhead. I would be interested in reading it.
Old 10-02-2019, 07:13 AM
Not riding the train

Quote:
Yes, they are. To prophesy and to preach are different words both in Greek and in Hebrew, and as such, they mean different things.
Okay, so Bro. Cunningham, Brother Bernard and Stoneking are wrong and you don't walk in unity with the UPCI. Got it!

Quote:
None of these references are unfamiliar to anyone who has studied the issue, and yet, they don't prove what some would assume. Rather, what we do have is a 21st century re-reading of current trends and cultural norms back into an ancient worldview, one not espoused by the saints of either the OT or NT.

In the NT, the only woman mentioned by name with an actual ecclesiastical position of leadership in the church is Phoebe, called a servant, from the Greek word diakonos, meaning to "kick up dust", that is, move in a hurry, or rather, be an errand runner. Phoebe's task as errand runner was to deliver the letter Paul wrote to the Romans.

Paul advised the Romans to assist her because she is also a patronness, that is, someone with the financial means to assist or perhaps even protect, others. That is, help her get done what she went to Rome to do, so she could return to Cenchrea ASAP and continue being of financial aid to those who needed her help.

While such a thing is a great service to those who need it, it doesn't speak at all to what she did or how she functioned within a church meeting. I mean, do you really think Paul would commend her to anyone if she was a consistent violator of one of his cardinal rules about how women should behave in an assembly of the saints?
diakonos
dee-ak'-on-os
Probably from διάκω diakō (obsolete, to run on errands; compare G1377); an attendant, that is, (generally) a waiter (at table or in other menial duties); specifically a Christian teacher and pastor (technically a deacon or deaconess): - deacon, minister, servant.

The term "deacon" is applied to Phoebe and probably designates an "office" as it does in Philippians 1:1 "Php 1:1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons:"

It can also mean "minister" in the same sense that Paul uses it elsewhere of himself and others:

I Cor 3:5 "Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?"

2 Cor. 3:6 "Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life."

2 Cor. 6:4 " But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,"

Your being stuck on numbers, i.e., wanting a list of women in the Bible, doesn't change anything.

Quote:
So, they prophesied. So what??? It doesn't mean they were preachers who preached. Or teachers who taught. Paul defined what it means to prophesy in a meeting of the saints: to comfort, exhort, and edify, which women are allowed, per 1 Corinthians 11, to do. Merely speaking by inspiration from the Holy Spirit does not mean anyone is preaching or teaching when they do so.
It is used in the sense of a spiritual gift and also speaking an inspired message.

Quote:
So, here's the main issue. To admit you might be wrong about all of this, is to undermine your mentor's ministry and your appreciation for it. Is this about truth or about your feelings for who pastored you?
We can also talk about Priscilla whose role in the church may account for her name coming before her husband's in four of six references - Acts 18:18; Romans 16:3 (notice both Priscilla and Phoebe are mentioned in this chapter); 2 Timothy 4:19.

Quote:
If a woman is to keep silent and not speak, then she can't do one single thing?

Are you for real? Peter wrote up a nearly exhaustive, Biblical list of what women can do for God in the church, but for you, if she can't preach or teach, that is, if she can't put on her ministerial man-pants, she CAN'T DO ANYTHING.

How blind.
The bold shows where you truly enter the conversation. How blind.

Quote:
Who has written otherwise? The difference here is you have a view outside of the teachings of the NT regarding what a woman can be called to do.
And this is where we disagree.

Quote:
The desire Genesis 3:16 is talking about is the desire to seduce and through seduction, rule over her husband. It's the same Hebrew word used a chapter later regarding what God said to Cain regarding sin desiring to rule over him (See Genesis 4:7).

It's a word picture denoting a sexual predator. As such, it's a perfect descriptor of Jezebel, who used her feminine wiles to incite Ahab's lust so she could continue controlling him (See 1 Kings 21:25).

It's got nothing to do with a woman desiring to have a husband to be subject to. It's quite the reverse.
I Corinthians 14:34 "Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law."

This verse is referring to Genesis 3:16 "And thy desire shall be to they husband, and he shall rule over thee."

It isn't specifically speaking of sexual things, as is apparent.

Quote:
Again, agreeing to disagree isn't Biblically possible, as respectful as it might be as a saying or idea used in today's world.

For me, simply writing, "I don't agree" is much more respectful, as it is straightforward, to the point, gets to the heart of the matter, and doesn't mince words or add euphemisms. I would much rather read "I think you are wrong", or even "You're wrong", then "agree to disagree".
Okay. I agree that you are wrong.
Old 10-02-2019, 05:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Sorry sister ,that i write you again (i dont know why,but you never respond back to me!! maybe you did not saw it, but iven if you have nothing to say, you can always say one "thanks)z
Ok now to the Diakonos. If you rreeaded one of my replais to you ,then you could avoid this wrong interpatation
Diakonos letteraly means "server" and specifically "the man or woman who serving tables".
The word diakonos and the verb diakonao (serving) is many times in the Bible.
A deacon means server. A server can be a reacher, an aposttle ,a pastor etc.
When is used for the women who served Jesus ,it explains the way they were serving him!
So yes many women serve (diakonos!) but in a femine way.
Wash plates, cook food, wash foot of saints, give money, open your house for mettings ,prayers etc.
Αll those things are Scripture ,not my opinion. i will quote to you verses that the word diakonos or the verb is used and see.

Acts 1" 17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry
6: 1 And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration
6: 4 But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.

Do you notice that the word diakonia is ministry and that could be "ministry of Judas" a Deacon Apostle, "ministration in the tables" sharing food etc. and finly "Ministry of the Word" instead of ministering through serving the table, apostle ministering (serving) as Deacons of the Word. Thats why the Deacons (servers) of the Word needed somones to be Deacons of the every day hand jobs.

12: 25 And Barnabas and Saul returned from Jerusalem, when they had fulfilled [their] ministry, and took with them John, whose surname was Mark.
20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Do you notice that "ministry" can be a single mission (a mission to Jerusalem) or general , the whole world ministry (which means "serving",or the job of a deacon look acts: 21:49 too.

Romans 11:13 For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:
Paul`s office was to preach to the gentiles.

The word "office" is "diakonia" (the job od a deacon). So Paul was Deqacon (server) of Christ as an Apostle (apostle means "he that is send, server) kjv translators.
12: 7 Or ministry, [let us wait] on [our] ministering: or he that teacheth, on teaching; 8 Or he that exhorteth, on exhortation: he that giveth, [let him do it] with simplicity; he that ruleth, with diligence; he that sheweth mercy, with cheerfulness.
Do you see here Paul list the different gifts/offices and he rights first the Diakonia (after the gifts) and also separated of the other offices of the Word. And he finally he conclude it with several forms of serving (deaconeo) like:
So deaconia would be Teaching, exhortation, giving money,food,clothes etc.
rulers and he who gives mercy

15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises [made] unto the fathers:
Literaly ,Christ was a Deacon' . Yes !
25 But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.
That was a diakonia of Machedonia and other Churches ,they collect money and then give the money to the Apostle to give unto the saints of Jerusalem,
31 That I may be delivered from them that do not believe in Judaea; and that my service which [I have] for Jerusalem may be accepted of the saints;
Paul`s ministry was that of an Aposlte, do you see that now id translated as service? thats the literal meaning of the word.

1 Corinthians 12:5 And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.
administrations means also diakonies (servings). So Paul is speaking about the different gifts of the Spirit, and after explaining the function of the body he gives the diaconis (forms of serving) and filaly the different roles of every member. Imagine sister a body (like Paul describes in 1 Cor.12) and compare to the church! How different are the members but all useful.
A hand do not have brain is not thinking it takes commands from ther brain. the brain too, can not do nothing without the members through which operates. and like Paul's said:" Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: And those [members] of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour;"
Is not how the world lebel you sister. Is how od created you and why.

8:15 I beseech you, brethren, (ye know the house of Stephanas, that it is the firstfruits of Achaia, and [that] they have addicted themselves to the ministry of the saints,

that is ,they were committing them selfs to the "serving of the saints" ,Stephanas and his phamily opened their home for the Church meetings.
and after many salutations of several offices of servers, he close with " Aquila and Priscilla salute you much in the Lord, with the church that is in their house." Yeah! that was the way they serve! they give space to the congregation.

2 Corinthians 3; 6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit:

servers of the New Testament, is specifically the of office of transferring the Word. verses 3:3,7,8,9 4:1,5:18 and 6:3 use this word "diakonia" specificaly to describe the work that God gave to the Apostles
8:4,19,20,9:1,12,13 use the word diaconia for the specific job of Cortinthians to collect money fot the poor of Jerusalem. Yes this is a diaconia (service) to the Lord.

11:15 Therefore [it is] no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Like God have His servers (servants), Satan having his won too.

Eph.4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
That is the specific DIEAKONEA (MINISTRY,SERVING,) that God gives ,in order to edifying the body.
There is NOT a single woman called in that kind of Ministry. we saw that we are one body and every member has it`s own job to serve the others. Women get and enjoy tha service but they dont do it! (even men, are not to be anything of those offices without God send ordain them) . In the New Testament NEVER EVER God ordained a waman to those 5 ministries (which describes in that chapter).
6:21 Paul sending a Deacon of God to endify the Church at Ephesus. a man named Tychicus , a faithful server in the Lord, shall make known to you all things.

Philippians 1:1 Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the[B] bishops and deacons[/B]

Here KJV translators chooses to dont interpret the word diakonos (like above) but translate it literally. So the men who have the responsibility to read (for them selves) and then to the rest Church the letter were Bishops (Pastors) ans Deacons (servers).
that gives the impression (which is correct) that when the word used specifically for the ministry we call Deacon, so there are the Members ,the Pastors and the Deacons. that means Deacons (servers) specifically to the Word. No woman is a deacon of the Word. Maybe she serves and be e deacon with a different gift and ability ,but never saw a woman transfer the Teachings of Apostles to men.

Colossians 1:7 and 4:7 speaks about 2 Deacons ,named Tychicos and Epaphras. and 4:17 for a 3rd Deacon Archippus . 3 men !
17 And say to Archippus, Take heed to the ministry which thou hast received in the Lord, that thou fulfil it.

1 Thessalonians 3: 2 And sent Timotheus, our brother, and minister of God, and our fellowlabourer in the gospel of Christ, to establish you, and to comfort you concerning your faith:
One more Minister (Deacon), you see no many Deacons with the open meaning of the word, were in Churches, When Paul gives instructions to Deacons od the Word always address men.

1 Timothy:
ALL pastoral Epistles were written to men.
1 Tim.1:12 names Paul as a "Deacon"
1 Tim.3:8,10,12,13 He gives instructions to an other man on how to ordain ministers. Only men can ordain ,and only men can be ordained.. He gives all the preconditions that one Deacon must have and then he had to be proved first and then ordained! It is dangerous to ordain someone you are not sure. Participate in his sins, imagine now if a monister odains women! women that God never called, and then those women will ordain a man, who possibly was never really ordained, because if was then he should not accpt a woman to put hands on him for sucha thing! (i mean without authority,)
And in 4:6 Timothy is named as a deacon of God (minister)

2 Timothy:8 The Lord grant unto him that he may find mercy of the Lord in that day: and in how many things he ministered unto me at Ephesus, thou knowest very well.
Here speaks about a brother named Onesiphorus, he is called "server of Paul" because he serving him He served od through the good works did to the Apostle of God.

2 Tim.4: 5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy minist
Here (if you use a dictionary) you can se clear that Deacon is not a specific office, or for those who just helping in material things. But when we speak for the office of a deacon (i mean diakonia of the Word) means one of the 5 offices God gives to spread the Word. Hre Timothy is named a "deacon" which serves as an Evangelist.

He closed then with salutatuions 19 Salute Prisca and Aquila, and the household of Onesiphorus.
Oneshiphorus we saw had a church home ,the same as Prisca and Aquila.

Rev,2:19 I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last [to be] more than the first. 2
Here speaks to the angle (he who brinks the Word,pastor etc.) of Thyatira and calls the whole Church as "deacons" (servers) because they all together laboured for the Truth.

Now i just quoted dome verses to you ,to see the real meaning of the word Deacon (like you did) and how, is used.
1)we didnt saw never a man called Deacon of the Word (minister)
2)Priscilla was deacon ! that does not means she teaches men, maybe she teaches women,children etc. giving testimonies and also gives her house and serve like a householder to the church.
3) Yes you have to ask and want to be a good "deacon" server of Jeus! you can do this acording to Scripture ,serving were you fgind opportunities.
but No to teach men, or having an authority position over men.
That is NOT a lesser job. Everything is important .
Old 10-02-2019, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

After all we are one body but with many members.:
22 Nay, much more those members of the body, which seem to be more feeble, are necessary: 23 And those [members] of the body, which we think to be less honourable, upon these we bestow more abundant honour; and our uncomely [parts] have more abundant comeliness.4 24 For our comely [parts] have no need: but God hath tempered the body together, having given more abundant honour to that [part] which lacked: 25 That there should be no schism in the body; but [that] the members should have the same care one for another.

37 Occurrences ://biblehub.com/greek/strongs_1247.htm
diakoneó: to serve, minister
Original Word: διακονέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: diakoneó
Phonetic Spelling: (dee-ak-on-eh'-o)
Definition: to serve, minister
Usage: I wait at table (particularly of a slave who waits on guests); I serve (generally).
/diakonéō ("to serve") means caring for the needs of others as the Lord guides in an active, practical way.

administered (1), administration (1), cared (1), contributing...support (1), do...the serving (1), employ...in serving (1), minister (3), ministered (2), ministering (3), servant (1), serve (4), serve as deacons (1), served (2), served as deacons (1), serves (5), services...rendered (1), serving (4), take care (1), wait (1), waited (3).

to be a servant, attendant, domestic; to serve, wait upon
;to wait at table and offer food and drink to the guests,
to minister, i. e. supply food and the necessaries of life: with the dative of person,
actually read that:
https://biblehub.com/greek/1247.htm
Old 10-02-2019, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I don't remember the exact wording of the posts, but recall the gist of the conversation.

So, now that you have vented, it would be interesting for you to start a thread and explain your stance on the Godhead. I would be interested in reading it.
There's no venting here, just an observation that since the post in which I declared "I am not Oneness" something like three years ago, whenever you and I converse and are on different sides of an issue, your argument against mine always devolves into an ad hominem of me not being Oneness, instead of staying focused on the issue. Just like it did here.

As far as my views on the Godhead are concerned, I've made them abundantly clear through my time here. They are in various threads throughout the forum.

I also made it clear I am not a Trinitarian, but you don't remember me writing that, even though I specifically wrote as much in the very thread that got you all wound up about me not being Oneness. See? You've selectively remembered I am not Oneness, when it suits your aims, but don't remember stating I am not Trinitarian because it doesn't suit your aims.

So, let's have some honesty here.