Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Sunday School > Soul Winners Haven
Facebook

Notices

Soul Winners Haven Discuss soul winning topics here.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyman View Post
so????
Quote it and LOOK at it before hitting "submit reply" at the bottom of the editor window and you will see the special code

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:39 PM
Go Dodgers!

Never mind

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
But is the fact they have no problem with watching sin the reason they got TV or did TV make them have no problem with watching TV?

Me thinks Unregistered and the others have no clue
Well I've been glued to my TV's and have missed this.

Prax, thats pretty clever
Old 06-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
The issue is not if anyone can be reached, but how many will be lost because the door was opened.
Youa have got to be kidding right....PLEASE sombody tell me that this "Block Head" as he calls himself did not just say that one soul saved was not worth trying!
Old 06-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Pride of the Neighborhood

That's what he said......................

Glass is half empty.......................

‎When a newspaper posed the question, "What's Wrong with the World?" G. K. Chesterton reputedly wrote a brief letter in response: "Dear Sirs: I am. Sincerely Yours, G. K. Chesterton." That is the attitude of someone who has grasped the message of Jesus.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:34 AM
Rev Dooley

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLYP View Post
Youa have got to be kidding right....PLEASE sombody tell me that this "Block Head" as he calls himself did not just say that one soul saved was not worth trying!
I would think that he was saying that to win one does not justifying losing one. That's how it comes across to me. This is only stagnation at best since there is no true growth in this event. It is merely swapping people out in a sense.
I must agree with this as well since the idea is to win them, not to lose them.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:06 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

OK, since we are talking about my family causing souls to be lost, someone please do explain how we have done this egregious sin - I would rather a millstone be hung around my neck than cause deception and eternal damnation to those in the body of Christ.

Steve Hoover

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 06-04-2007, 09:00 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrblackwell View Post
Here is a victory report from the UPC couple who were on Wife Swap.

http://www.ninetyandnine.com/sblog/2...tories_28.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
The issue is not if anyone can be reached, but how many will be lost because the door was opened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyImportant View Post
I would think that he was saying that to win one does not justifying losing one. That's how it comes across to me. This is only stagnation at best since there is no true growth in this event. It is merely swapping people out in a sense.
I must agree with this as well since the idea is to win them, not to lose them.

OK, since we are talking about my family causing souls to be lost, someone please do explain how we have done this egregious sin - I would rather a millstone be hung around my neck than cause deception and eternal damnation to those in the body of Christ.

Steve Hoover

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 01-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordPreacher View Post
I don't know how many will be lost because of TV, but I do know that many will be won because of TV. If it wasn't for some of the TV preachers that I watched, then I wouldn't be born again today.

The Lord used them to reach me and He has used other modes to help me along the way.
My AG church went on TV fifteeen years ago over most of the state of Arkansas. At first naturally the cameras were different and hindered the Spirit of God a bit. However after a short period of time, we just got back to having Holy Ghost annointed church services and I believe it was clear to the people that what a cold, dying world needed to see more than anything was the manifestation of the power of Pentecost.

After all these years, the cameras and operators are barely noticed and the reports of salvations and interventions in people's lives are powerful. We've seen prison inmates saved, suicidal individuals call our prayer line and I could go on and on.

When Holy Ghost annointed preaching and worship intersect a lost and dying world there will be a harvest. Whether that's on TV, radio, internet, or in person. True pentecostal power has no limits.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:37 AM
Registered Member

Re: Proof that TV Does Work in Reaching the Lost

98% of all statistics are made up on the spot...Are we preaching Jesus Christ crucified, and risen again, or are we spending a lot of time in debates that don't really matter?