Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 11-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Registered Member

Re: *EXPLOSIVE* TF Tenney Preached 4 Phillips Sund

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
This explains a lot.
It certainly does.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:13 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos View Post
This explains a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
It certainly does.
Amos knows the church I attended for 27 years. I would consider it a very typical UPC church. You guys just don't get it, I grew up in a household where there was speaking in tongues going on all the time. My dad, mom, and sister were basically "super spiritual" folks but I have never been able to make it happen and I have seriously tried. It just makes me mad that I wasted so much energy on trying to speak in tongues.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltaguitar View Post
Amos knows the church I attended for 27 years. I would consider it a very typical UPC church. You guys just don't get it, I grew up in a household where there was speaking in tongues going on all the time. My dad, mom, and sister were basically "super spiritual" folks but I have never been able to make it happen and I have seriously tried. It just makes me mad that I wasted so much energy on trying to speak in tongues.
You don't "make it happen."

And the LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto my people Israel."

--Amos 7:14-15
Old 11-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Registered Member

In the words of Charlie Brown...GOOD GRIEF
Brother Tenney is NOT gonna change the message he's been teaching and preaching. These folk are old friends and go way back. I say we need to be cautious, Brother Phillips is still preaching truth also.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama bear View Post
In the words of Charlie Brown...GOOD GRIEF
Brother Tenney is NOT gonna change the message he's been teaching and preaching. These folk are old friends and go way back. I say we need to be cautious, Brother Phillips is still preaching truth also.
You don't say.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 11-13-2008, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Is there really 24 million Oneness Pentecostals that believe only in salvation through Baptism and speaking in tongues?

I don't know the population of Christianity but even if you can find 24 million Oneness Pentecostals that only represents .004% of the world population.

OK, I just did a google search and there are an estimated 2.1 billion Christians in the world. So, Oneness Pentecostalism accounts for about .011428% of the Christian population.
delta, if folks only went by what the majority believe as a way to measure truth, that would be sad indeed. How many hundreds of years had the Catholic church steeped the world in false doctrine and persecution before Martin Luther stepped out and questioned their teachings and corruption, and caused people to look into the Word for themselves?

I'm so glad he didn't use the reasoning, "I guess since hundreds of thousands of Catholics believe it, it must be true."

Many things that Protestant Christians still believe have been carried over from the Catholic church. Apostolics could be modern day Martin Luthers, if they would put their minds, hearts and elbow grease to it.

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road
Old 11-13-2008, 02:10 PM
delete account

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post
delta, if folks only went by what the majority believe as a way to measure truth, that would be sad indeed. How many hundreds of years had the Catholic church steeped the world in false doctrine and persecution before Martin Luther stepped out and questioned their teachings and corruption, and caused people to look into the Word for themselves?

I'm so glad he didn't use the reasoning, "I guess since hundreds of thousands of Catholics believe it, it must be true."

Many things that Protestant Christians still believe have been carried over from the Catholic church. Apostolics could be modern day Martin Luthers, if they would put their minds, hearts and elbow grease to it.
preach it sista!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 02:25 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissBrattified View Post

You are right, however, anytime we are in the vast minority to such a small percentage it should make us question out beliefs all the more. There are certain things that I will always believe even if I am the last person on earth who hold such a position.

Apostolics have been part of the pentecostal revival that is reaching the world. There are an estimated 500 million pentecostals in the world and the Oneness movement has been a part of that so maybe we are like Martin Luther in a way.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Saved & Shaved

Quote:
I don't know if I speak in tongues. I wouldn't go to a church where people didn't believe in the operation of the spiritual gifts. However, I can't honestly say that I have ever spoke in tongues where there was a definite language coming from me. At times I have felt my tongue become loose or possible speaking a few words in tongues but I don't speak in tongues. I have however felt the power of God and I would say that I have experienced the Baptism of the Holy Ghost.
I am saddened by this post.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Is there really 24 million Oneness Pentecostals that believe only in salvation through Baptism and speaking in tongues?

I don't know the population of Christianity but even if you can find 24 million Oneness Pentecostals that only represents .004% of the world population.

OK, I just did a google search and there are an estimated 2.1 billion Christians in the world. So, Oneness Pentecostalism accounts for about .011428% of the Christian population.
you seemed confused about what Oneness Pentecostals believe.

Are you sure you were really Oneness???

I said 24 million Oneness believers......you start talking about salvation.
Two totally seperate doctrines. You know that right?

You also know that in your 2.1 billion number they include Catholics...though seeing as you might be confused on doctrine, I'm not sure what you think of the Catholic church.