Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:16 PM
Shaking the dust off my shoes.

Re: I'm Confused Dr. V - Wasn't Branahm a ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
Yeah,, just dont mind those 20 people in the floors as you bring your offering... real order there my friend
It beats fighting to stay awake.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:18 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Re: I'm Confused Dr. V - Wasn't Branham a ...

Pauls words............ And the rest will I set in order when I come.

He had a passion about Church Order
Old 05-30-2008, 03:19 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
It beats fighting to stay awake.
Thats just it... you just helped the argument

Pentecostal find the WORD boring many times.. and thus they need their flesh entertained to stay awake....

In our services you can almost tell the people are wishing the song service will come to an end so we can gather around the Word
Old 05-30-2008, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Thats just it... you just helped the argument

Pentecostal find the WORD boring many times.. and thus they need their flesh entertained to stay awake....

In our services you can almost tell the people are wishing the song service will come to an end so we can gather around the Word

There is some truth to this .... and retention of what is heard is low.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:24 PM

I think I have figured out what's going on here. Over and over and over again, even while quoting Branham, you have taken one little piece of what someone said to build your doctrines on. That's a most dangerous way of letting the Bible "give instruction." Frankly, I am weary of arguing against half truths, personal opinions, and inconsistencies in how scripture is applied. I have used more scripture in my arguments with you than I have in a long, long time on these forums. If you don't believe me, just ask anyone. I rarely break out the Book around here. I'm done with it.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Dr. Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
I think I have figured out what's going on here. Over and over and over again, even while quoting Branham, you have taken one little piece of what someone said to build your doctrines on. That's a most dangerous way of letting the Bible "give instruction." Frankly, I am weary of arguing against half truths, personal opinions, and inconsistencies in how scripture is applied. I have used more scripture in my arguments with you than I have in a long, long time on these forums. If you don't believe me, just ask anyone. I rarely break out the Book around here. I'm done with it.
thanks for the dialogue
Old 05-30-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
thanks for the dialogue
It's a good thing too. I am listening to your message right now. I in no way consider myself an expert on the Bible, but I could easily refute what you are saying in it, and even point out why. Good thing I've decided to put my Sword up.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:22 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
May I invite you to the NT... Pauls Church was NOTHINg like that.. he is our example,,, anything before him was allowed... it was not the pattern
In the NT book of Ephesians, Paul exhorts his readers to be filled or to be ongoingly filled or to keep getting filled with the Spirit. He compares/contrasts being under the influence of the Spirit with being under the influence of wine. He said that the results of being under the influence (drunk?) in the Spirit would be;
19Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;
20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
21 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.

It's interesting that he would mention singing psalms. The Book of Psalms was a prayer book, hymn book and journal. We read in there about clapping, shouting, singing, worshiping, etc. I hardly think we would be exhorted to sing about clapping, shouting, singing, worshiping if we weren't supposed to do any of those things.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 05-30-2008, 05:36 PM
Jesus' Name Pentecostal

Quote:
I absolutely believe the first line..... just as God moved past the Wesley Age, the Lutheran Age. the Baptist Age he doesnt stop at the Pentecostal Age... Laodocia is over and we are now in the Bride Age.. when God is calling his Bride to the Word.. out of every denomination of man... he is calling her out of Pentecost... into THE WORD

I will always tell you when you DO STRIKE on what we believe..... but to say we dont believe in the literal catching away is ludicrous
If we take the 7 churches in Revelation 2 and 3 as 7 parts of the Church Age,(and I'm not arguing for or against that), then Laodicea is the last one. Then Rev 4 starts with the trumpet saying, "Come up hither" and we then see the glorified church in Heaven seated on thrones with Jesus. Where does this "Bride Age" come from? In my opinion, the Bride is made up of all of those who have said "yes" or "I do" to Jesus throughout all the ages.

Apostolic in doctrine
Pentecostal in experience
Charismatic in practice
Non-denominational in affiliation
Inter-denominational in fellowship
Old 05-30-2008, 05:54 PM
Anapko is Gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Epley View Post
You mean BRANHAM Tabernacle where that humble man pastored a church that had his name over the door. Where they have played his tapes for 40 years?

Yes Elder, where also you go to the cemetary and they have erected a pyramid over his grave glorifying the 7 church ages. Yes, Elder, that church!