Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The D.A.'s Office
Facebook

Notices

The D.A.'s Office The views expressed in this forum are those of the author and do not necessarily represent the views of AFF or the Admin of AFF.

Old 12-18-2010, 11:04 AM
Registered Member

Re: DKB's Impassioned Plea For Iranian Branhamite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandie View Post
Is Pastor Youcef okay?
I don't care what anyone's background is, everyone should be prayed for and believe God to deliver, save and glorify His Kingdom.
God bless you,

Pastor Youcef is not yet in confinement but he has been ill-treated 5 months. We are waiting for the final verdict.

Blessings,
Old 12-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arshak View Post
1.The Calvinism is not the only expression of Protestant. You may ignore that Martin Luther is the first reformer.

2.There are some Calvinist groups adhering to the Jesus Name baptism by sprinkling. You may not be aware of it but it is a reality. You may ignore that the Jesus Name baptism must be accepted as a form of baptism by the Baptist Church.

3.John Calvin taught even timidly the oneness of God. The debate with Servetus was more a leadership problem. Here too, you are ignorant of the background. My professors were Calvinists and I'm full aware of the Calvinist theology.

4. About the "5 solas", "sola scriptura" does not mean that a UPC or a branhamite is right. It means only that the Bible is the only source for doctrine.

5."Pictures", there is not pictures of brother Branham in our services. You are ill informed about the situation. Photos supernatural or not belong to history no to the liturgy. But there is a supernatural presence of the Lord, healings, speaking in tongue, translations, prophecies in our meetings. We do not need to use pictures:God is with us manifesting Himself in his Church, anointing the Scriptures for the believers.

My prayer is that you meet our marvelous Saviour Jesus Christ if you did not. He is so marvelous. His Name is far above all names. To be with HIM is better than all heavenly crowns.

We are not suffering for Calvin's nor Branham's sake but for HIM who "is over all God blessed for ever". Did you meet Him? We are proclaiming a God who is ONE and LOVE.
You're still obfuscating sir ... I address both Calvinism and classical Protestantism with lucidness... the psuedo-Calvinism is apparent in the Church of Iran's adaptation of total depravity as expressed in the statement of faith ... while the 5 solas are of the Reformation.

You refuse to address the influence of the endtime Message theology that permeates your movement or the influence of "Bro. Branham's" theology ...

For the record ... I'm not UPC ... and don't believe a properly administered baptism confers grace ... or Holy Ghost baptism ... or sin remission ...

Just a guy who can smell Branhamism when he sees it.

The hodgepodge statement of faith or claims to orthodoxy still does not reveal the other unorthodox teaching that has entered this movement because of its Branhamite roots.

Do you believe the photo is "the sign" or "a sign"?

And if you want John Calvin to be oneness ... or triunity ... go for it.

Last edited by DAII; 12-18-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Arshak, thank you for posting here.

Dan is a self proclaimed weasel on this forum. And he in no way represents a majority view here.

On behalf of Apostolic Friends Forum, I want to say we are praying for the Church of Iran, Pastor Youcef and all those under this most recent persecution. We stand with you as fellow believers, pray God is glorified, and that the Gospel of Jesus Christ will take root in the hearts of those who seek to harm you.

Blessings! Steve Hoover

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves
Old 12-18-2010, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoovie View Post

Dan is a self proclaimed weasel on this forum. And he in no way represents a majority view here.

On behalf of Apostolic Friends Forum, I want to say we are praying for the Church of Iran, Pastor Youcef and all those under this most recent persecution. We stand with you as fellow believers, pray God is glorified, and that the Gospel of Jesus Christ will take root in the hearts of those who seek to harm you.

Blessings! Steve Hoover
And Hoover is the Charismatic owner of this forum who has deluded himself into thinking he's Pentecostal ... or that most OPs think as he does.

Welcome, Arshak .... and please take the time to share your thoughts on Serpent seed theology on another thread.

We're all praying for the release and freedom of Pastor Youcef.
Old 12-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Blessings! Steve Hoover
Thank you Steeve,

God bless you
Old 12-18-2010, 01:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermyn Davidson View Post
Arshak,

Do you guys have Americans that come and visit your churches from time to time?

If I wanted to save my money to come and visit you guys and maybe just help out in doing menial tasks and such for about two weeks, is it even possible?

If so, how would I go about helping this to happen?

Sincere questions, sincere guy.

bump for Arshak
Old 12-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:

Blessings! Steve Hoover
Amen Hoovie, well said. Please post your testimony Arshak, on another thread. Welcome to AFF.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:40 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAII View Post
You're still obfuscating sir ... I address both Calvinism and classical Protestantism with lucidness... the psuedo-Calvinism is apparent in the Church of Iran's adaptation of total depravity as expressed in the statement of faith ... while the 5 solas are of the Reformation.

You refuse to address the influence of the endtime Message theology that permeates your movement or the influence of "Bro. Branham's" theology ...

For the record ... I'm not UPC ... and don't believe a properly administered baptism confers grace ... or Holy Ghost baptism ... or sin remission ...

Just a guy who can smell Branhamism when he sees it.

The hodgepodge statement of faith or claims to orthodoxy still does not reveal the other unorthodox teaching that has entered this movement because of its Branhamite roots.

Do you believe the photo is "the sign" or "a sign"?

And if you want John Calvin to be oneness ... or triunity ... go for it.
Don't be excited!

If orthodoxy means to think like Dan, I'm not orthodox. You're completely right: I don't think like Dan and I'm not interested to.

About Calvin and Calvinism you are ill-informed. Calvin affirmed about the Son:

"« As his from the Father his essence is without beginning »

" Un seul Dieu qu’il ne faille entendre unité en l’Essence divine : quand elle nomme trois, qu’il ne faille considérer trois propriétés diverses. »".Institution de la religion chrétienne, 1541"

This understanding is important in order to understand this phrase in the Leuenberg agreement: "In dem wahren Menschen Jesus Christus hat sich der ewige Sohn und damit Gott selbst zum Heil in die verlorene Menschheit hineingegeben". It means that classical Protestant churches in Europe are not ontological trinitarian strictu sensu.

You may be some expert branhamism smeller; an inquisitor but you are not able to understand the subtle language of the theology.

Last edited by Arshak; 12-18-2010 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arshak View Post
Don't be excited!

If orthodoxy means to think like Dan, I'm not orthodox. You're completely right: I don't think like Dan and I'm not interested to.

About Calvin and Calvinism you are ill-informed. Calvin affirmed about the Son:

"« As his from the Father his essence is without beginning »

" Un seul Dieu qu’il ne faille entendre unité en l’Essence divine : quand elle nomme trois, qu’il ne faille considérer trois propriétés diverses. »".Institution de la religion chrétienne, 1541"

This understanding is important in order to understand this phrase in the Leuenberg agreement: "In dem wahren Menschen Jesus Christus hat sich der ewige Sohn und damit Gott selbst zum Heil in die verlorene Menschheit hineingegeben". It means that classical Protestant churches in Europe are not ontological trinitarian strictu sensu.

You may be some expert branhamism smeller; an inquisitor but you are not able to understand the subtle language of the theology.
Arsh, I would gladly engage with you in a discussion of Calvin's Trinitarian views which did not seek to explain God but did affirm the doctrine as a means to preserve the mystery of the distinctions we find in God and the full deity of Jesus Christ in his work of salvation ... especially as he discusses this in detail .... in Institutes of the Christian Religion, Book 1, chapter 13, on the doctrine of the Trinity ... in a separate thread.

However, that still DOES NOT address the "subtleties" of your Branhamite theology on such areas like Serpent seed theology or the link between a Jesus name invoked baptism and the new birth ... or other Branham end time believer teachings found in the Church of Iran ... of which the bulk of Calvin's emphasis on soteriological theology rejects in his formulation of TULIP and his monergistic doctrines of grace.

You seek to legitimize a theological world view that is foreign to most of evangelical Christendom ... and not just, Dan ... cursory mention to total depravity or your definition of "ontological" trinitarianism need not apply or make you a Calvinist ... or make Calvin an endtime message believer.

The picture question was never answered ... understandably so.

Your rabbit trails will not distract me.

This a primordial red flag of any cultic movement when questions are skirted around and detractors or skeptics told they don't get the "subtleties".

Among the other bovine nuggets I smell is "bait and switch".

Last edited by DAII; 12-18-2010 at 04:40 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:54 PM
Registered Member

Dan,

I never claimed to be Calvinist but my professors were.

I read the Istitutes of Calvin and I'm not trying to decontextualize his sayings. I know that some part, he is trying to be more "orthodox" but his explanations are interesting for the searcher as Calvin is explaining in his own terms what the trinity is for him.

I may answer this question to any Christian but I'm not sure you are. Even if you were, you seem to be more an inquisitor than a theologian.