Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > The Newsroom > Political Talk
Facebook

Notices

Political Talk Political News

Old 09-24-2016, 08:49 AM
Registered Member

Liberals, you need to hear this (Tulsa shooting)

I cannot begin to imagine what police officers go through every day. That is why I am not quick to judge. But concerning the Tulsa shooting...while I understand the frustration of the family and community of the man that was shot, I am not God and I have no way to prove, nor have I yet seen any evidence that would lead me to believe that the young lady officer involved would have acted any differently had the suspect been of European descent. Regardless of what race they might be, the police are going to be leery of anyone acting as this suspect did and are going to use force when he does not obey commands and is acting like he is reaching for something.

To get angry at this young lady over an assumption that she acted a certain way because of the HER race is to make a dangerous claim that people of European descent have an inherent tendency to be racist. Her authorities apparently see enough evidence that she acted hastily to press manslaughter charges against her. She will have a trial by jury before her peers. I suspect, as is often the case, at least half of the jury members will NOT be of her race. So if she is found not guilty, does that mean the non-whites on the jury are "sell-outs"? And if you have that attitude, perhaps you should ask God to help you examine your own prejudices. Maybe you should ask yourself, "Do I hope she is guilty because she is white?"

One thing for sure is NOT happening in this country...and that is...there are NOT random mobs of Americans of European descent roaming the streets looking for innocent Americans of African descent to brutally beat up over their race. It is NOT happening. Such a thing would be so rare in our time. Therefore, please do not try to justify, in the name of being frustrated at the police, the brutal and random beatings of Americans of European descent that are commonly being reported now in conjunction with these police shootings. The more this type of ungodly behavior happens or is justified, the less people are going to rally to the cause of getting to the bottom of these police shootings. This is not 1850 or 1920. Stop alienating those who most likely want to help you. All said in love.

Last edited by Originalist; 09-24-2016 at 09:10 AM.