Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall
Facebook

Notices

Fellowship Hall The place to go for Fellowship & Fun!

Old 01-18-2015, 06:41 AM
uncharismatic conservative maverick

Re: Why I am Now Convinced of a Pre-Trib Rapture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Bro. Eastman, your posts are accurate and articulate. Where have you been when I needed you???....LOL

Thank you for your great posts bro!!!
Thank you, but I cannot take the credit. The information was taken from Todd Strandgerg's blog. The information was concise and made sense. I was a pre-trib before I even knew that there was anything else. So I did extensive research after questioning the topic myself. I thank God I ran across Todd's blog.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Brother, I implore you to take a step back and remain in the undecided camp for the time being. These are really weak arguments Todd presents and YOU owe it to yourself to wait awhile before you jump on board. Your eternal destiny might hinge on it. Not that I think one cannot be saved believing the pre-trib doctrine. But the day will come soon when it WILL matter what one believes about the rapture. I'm preparing for the trib spiritually. By default i'm ready for a pre-trib rapture if it happens. But those who are looking for a pre-trib rapture probably will not have enough Holy Ghost steel in their soul to endure the trib if it does turn out they have to go through it. Please wait before you make a decision brother. Todd is not using sound hermeneutics and many on here can prove it.
Thank you Brother O. I didn't know that there was anything else taught when I was growing up such as a mid-trib or a post-trib rapture. The last couple of months really did it for me. Remember when I asked the forum on a thread I started about the rapture? Well, I didn't just let the topic go, I read through alot of information over the last couple of months and came across this blog. The information resonated with me and it answered some questions that I had. Just so that you do not worry my Brother, I will remain rapture ready no matter what the outcome may be. Their are pan-tribbers too! lol (it'll all pan out). Peace my God fearing friend.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:42 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael The Disciple View Post
Huh? Guess what at NO TIME did Jesus address you PERSONALLY or any OF US! Did you not know that? At no time did Paul or any apostle address anything with our names on it.

The Preterist have absolutely NOTHING from Jesus to stand on for all the things written in the scriptures were (in their mind) written to people who mysteriously vanished from the Earth 2000 years ago.

They LOVE to hijack a good discussion and preach their doctrine in every end time thread.
Brother. With all due respect, a couple of points.
1.) If you read the passages I posted, it is abundantly clear to whom Jesus was addressing and telling to look for certain things.
2.) You are so right about Paul or the Apostles not addressing things to us, as it was addressed to whom was identified at the beginning of the letters, but that doesn't mean we can't learn from them, we can, should and do.
Paul at times even states, "remember when I was with you...?" It was written to them, but that does not exclude us (those not being addressed) from gleaning from the letters.
3.) "Hijack and preach our doctrine." This is a thread about the (what I think is a false teaching) Pre-trib rapture. All I did was post scriptures and that offended you. Don't tell me you are one of those that have the "don't present me with the facts, my mind is made up" type of guys?

I merely posted scriptures that I think questions the pre post rib rapture ideas.

Show me where those verses are not as they appear and written to, for and about them, then, and I will research it.

Sorry if my posting scriptures makes you uncomfortable.

BTW. I do not believe anyone mysteriously disappeared from the earth 2000 years ago, as I believe the return of Jesus to earth is still in our future, just His return this time has nothing to do with the timing of a tribulation period. He is very specific as to whom the tribulation and what region of the planet was to be affected by it.

Last edited by Bowas; 01-18-2015 at 07:46 AM.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:47 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Quote:
Huh? Guess what at NO TIME did Jesus address you PERSONALLY or any OF US! Did you not know that? At no time did Paul or any apostle address anything with our names on it.

The Preterist have absolutely NOTHING from Jesus to stand on for all the things written in the scriptures were (in their mind) written to people who mysteriously vanished from the Earth 2000 years ago.

They LOVE to hijack a good discussion and preach their doctrine in every end time thread.
Hijack a good discussion?

No they just come to disrupt a misrepresentation concerning eschatology, with the reality of what the scripture is actually trying to convey to its readers.

Whether you admit it or not, your teachings must conclude that the Bible prophecies concerning eschatology meant absolutely nothing to their first century reader.

The conclusion of what you teach is that those in the first century didn't get what they were waiting for because it wasn't meant for them. In the Bible we have a letter being written to seven churches in Asia Minor with a WARNING the READERS were to have understanding to solve the meaning of the number of the beast? If you believe in a futuristic eschatology this individual wasn't to be revealed READER prior to our current century? To take this one step ahead, in the futurist's mind the warning may not even be for them.

Also the letter which was written to the seven churches of Asia Minor has in its opening chapter that the reader by the forth verse will receive a blessing if they read aloud and obey the letter's information because the time was near for THEM. Even if you don't want to deal with the simple wording, you still are faced with the conclusion that the words which say the time was near, was never meant for any reader for 2,000 years and climbing!?!

I mean really consider the words "the time is near" cannot be for any past generation of people, because obviously the time wasn't near for them, but only near for the generation who would be alive during the letter's fulfillment.

Also trying to say that a day for God is a thousand years doesn't negate the fact that in the letter to the Asia Minor churches a reader is being told that the fulfillment will take place in a time that is near for the reader.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:50 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
Bowas, we have been through this and I enjoy talking to you about this subject immensely. I would love to answer you, but the psycho evangelist is back to mock and ridicule his way though these projects of ours. I will refrain from discussing preterism until he leaves again and I see the coast is clear....LOL.(His stupid comments and mocking pictures make my old man want to come off the cross)......be patient bro., he will disappear again.

Hehe. I enjoy the dialogue.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:07 AM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Hijack a good discussion?

No they just come to disrupt a misrepresentation concerning eschatology, with the reality of what the scripture is actually trying to convey to its readers.

Whether you admit it or not, your teachings must conclude that the Bible prophecies concerning eschatology meant absolutely nothing to their first century reader.

The conclusion of what you teach is that those in the first century didn't get what they were waiting for because it wasn't meant for them. In the Bible we have a letter being written to seven churches in Asia Minor with a WARNING the READERS were to have understanding to solve the meaning of the number of the beast? If you believe in a futuristic eschatology this individual wasn't to be revealed READER prior to our current century? To take this one step ahead, in the futurist's mind the warning may not even be for them.

Also the letter which was written to the seven churches of Asia Minor has in its opening chapter that the reader by the forth verse will receive a blessing if they read aloud and obey the letter's information because the time was near for THEM. Even if you don't want to deal with the simple wording, you still are faced with the conclusion that the words which say the time was near, was never meant for any reader for 2,000 years and climbing!?!

I mean really consider the words "the time is near" cannot be for any past generation of people, because obviously the time wasn't near for them, but only near for the generation who would be alive during the letter's fulfillment.

Also trying to say that a day for God is a thousand years doesn't negate the fact that in the letter to the Asia Minor churches a reader is being told that the fulfillment will take place in a time that is near for the reader.
Welcome Back.

I was about to start a thread titled
"Why I am Not a Pre-Trib Rapturist" but seeing you here, I no longer see a need for it. Go get them tiger.
Old 01-18-2015, 11:09 AM
Yeshua is God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowas View Post
Hehe. I enjoy the dialogue.
It will be a one sided dialogue, Bro Benincasa can quickly destroy and pulverize the pre-trib rapture doctrine.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:23 PM
Temporary Occupant of Earth

Quote:
If thats all you believe you dont yet have an Apostolic foundation.
Oh, that's not all I believe by a long shot, but I refuse to argue about the future. If some folks spent as much time praying about themselves as they do arguing the future, then they just might make it. The old preachers taught me, "catching away (rapture) or tribulation, you will need to be full of the Holy Ghost either way, so focus your attention on becoming more Spiritual and closer to God and you will be able to be caught up or endure, which ever it is". Sounded good then and it still sounds good now.

Do Not Argue With Idiots, they will just bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingZword View Post
It will be a one sided dialogue, Bro Benincasa can quickly destroy and pulverize the pre-trib rapture doctrine.
If that's the case I am waiting for him to refute the first two pages of this thread point by point.
Old 01-18-2015, 02:54 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherEastman View Post
Thank you Brother O. I didn't know that there was anything else taught when I was growing up such as a mid-trib or a post-trib rapture. The last couple of months really did it for me. Remember when I asked the forum on a thread I started about the rapture? Well, I didn't just let the topic go, I read through alot of information over the last couple of months and came across this blog. The information resonated with me and it answered some questions that I had. Just so that you do not worry my Brother, I will remain rapture ready no matter what the outcome may be. Their are pan-tribbers too! lol (it'll all pan out). Peace my God fearing friend.

Brother may I ask you to point out the pre-trib rapture in Matthew 24?