Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Sanctuary > Deep Waters
Facebook

Notices

Deep Waters 'Deep Calleth Unto Deep ' -The place to go for Ministry discussions. Please keep it civil. Remember to discuss the issues, not each other.

Old 11-24-2011, 09:35 PM
Registered Member

Leading others into the Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Has anyone here had effective results in leading others into the Baptism in the Holy Spirit?
If so, would you share how you instruct to help others move into this area of spiritual life?
Or, who do you know, that is effective?
Blessings!
Old 11-25-2011, 03:23 AM
Covenant Apostolic

Re: Leading others into the Baptism in the Holy Sp

If in a church service this is one way it could happen:
a hot prayer room
anointed preaching of the gospel
a move of Spirit like a wave over the church
someone tells them that what they are feeling is the Holy Ghost
They can receive it
They can open their mouth and speak with tongues
Dont touch them, Don't shake them,
If you pray with them just let them hear you praying a prayer of repentance
then let them hear you worshipping God
God will fill them with the HG
Old 11-25-2011, 05:31 AM
Forever Loved Admin

We don't, the Spirit of God draws them unto repentance. We encourage them to be baptized in Jesus name, and God gives them the Holy Ghost.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 KJV

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God? Micah 6:8 KJV

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 1 John 3:2 KJV
Old 11-25-2011, 06:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevRyan12 View Post
Has anyone here had effective results in leading others into the Baptism in the Holy Spirit?
If so, would you share how you instruct to help others move into this area of spiritual life?
Or, who do you know, that is effective?
Blessings!

It is a GIFT!!! The best method (IMHO) that one might employ in seeking to aid another to receive this GIFT, is to explain it as such.

It is NOT something one must beg God to receive, for one doesn't plead with another in order to receive a GIFT. It's free, and unless one is able to comprehend it as such, then no amount of persuasion (i.e., leading) by the one giving the explanation of it to another will enable them to receive it.

Personally, albeit I had only learned of it in an indefinite manner, the GIFT of the baptism of the Holy Ghost was given to me while praying aloud to God while lying atop my bed. I only became fully aware of the significance of it some time afterwards. I was NOT seeking it, rather I received it for what it is...... a wondrously indescrible (and essential) GIFT which God does truly desire to freely give to everyone who has REPENTED - the ONLY prerequisite which God requires for it's reception.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Isaiah 56:4-5

I thanked and asked God for the baptism of the Holy Ghost for 4 days. Then BAM!
Old 12-15-2011, 10:31 AM
Registered Member

Paul gives us the commands to "be filled with the Holy Spirit", and "walk by the spirit". One needs only read the book of Acts to see that Baptism in the Holy Spirit is avilable. Since, the Holy Spirit makes one eager to recieved the things of the Spirit. One does not need to lead one into this as "repeat after me".
Old 12-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dummy View Post
Paul gives us the commands to "be filled with the Holy Spirit", and "walk by the spirit". One needs only read the book of Acts to see that Baptism in the Holy Spirit is avilable. Since, the Holy Spirit makes one eager to recieved the things of the Spirit. One does not need to lead one into this as "repeat after me".

I must respectfully disagree with the bolded portion of your comments.
Here's why I do so:

Paul advises in the words of I Corinthians 2:14 that "...the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." Simply stated, one that is destitute of the Spirit of Truth, is utterly incapable of acquiring/attainment of a proper understanding of the sacred truths of the Bible. Its precepts must be spiritually discerned, which is to say, one must learn of such wondrous eternally saving truths through the words of one of God's chosen people.

The Ethopian enuch's response to Phillip's inquiry concerning his ability to comprehend the significance of that which he was reading aloud from the OT book of Isaiah, is an excellent example which lends credibility to this observation (see Acts 8:31).
Old 03-21-2018, 07:57 AM
Registered Member

Sir.Thank you for your comments! I will use your advice! Thank you again!
Old 05-23-2018, 06:24 PM
Registered Member

I have had my share of praying with others in their search to being filled with the Holy Ghost.

I remember discussing with my Father and Bonus Mom the issue of his struggle to being filled. He panicked at the fact that the tongues he spoke would be him and not those the Spirit spoke through him. Within the next few services, he found himself praying at the altar, and the pastor came and spoke the words to him that he need not worry about his tongues being fleshly because the Spirit was already in him, but he needed to speak it out in faith. Soon thereafter, he began speaking in that heavenly language while I standing right behind him. It was a great experience for me. He had prayed for the Holy Ghost for over three years!

Another time was when I prayed for my Mother. She had visited the church I had regularly attended one Friday evening for an evangelistic service. At the end of the service, the Sister that spoke that evening, invited all the unfilled believers to come allow the filled saints to pray for their infilling. My Mother marched down the aisle with determination to being filled before she left that evening. I remember praying for her along with many other ladies and eventually falling into her arms when she finally received those cloven tongues like as of fire!

Here recently, I have been doing my best to help a friend receive the Spirit. I have been there and helped him pray on a few different occasions. His problem is like many of ours initially; he freezes, worries about how he will sound, and fears that it's going to be flesh and not Jesus. I try to encourage him that by telling him that he's going to sound however Jesus wants him to sound because everyone sounds different. He has said that the last couple of times he has prayed he has felt more than he ever has. I personally believe he perhaps already has been filled, but that he is struggling (terribly) with speaking it in faith.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.