Apostolic Friends Forum
Tab Menu 1
Go Back   Apostolic Friends Forum > The Fellowship Hall > Fellowship Hall > WPF News
Facebook

Notices

WPF News Discussion of the WWPF meetings in Tulsa and related sidetracks.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:52 PM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Miller View Post
Where are the sour grapes?

Why are so many people on this forum so concerned with what is happening in circles of people who are NOT even saved.

The UPCI doesn't think that TV is compromise, the people leaving do, but this is the USA you have rights here. Those leaving are just using their right to be wrong.
I thought you understood that from 1975-2007 the organization from Chambers to Urshan thought TV would be a compromise.

The fact that these men are going to Tulsa shows that there are still short minded men in the ranks at the moment.

To cause a breach in the membership shows that many of these men will not practice what they preached when others left in the early "90's" over the Affirmation Statement....

I mentioned what the UPCI has not done to market the message etc.

If I used the same sales tools as the salemen did in 1975 I would be fired in 30 days.

All other area's of business and our personal lives use these new technologies.

But then we limited the most powerful force on the planet (the church) from using these tools...for the better part of 35 years....
Old 01-05-2008, 12:01 AM
"It's Never Too Late"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrmptPraise View Post
I appreciate your honesty in saying that no longer attending a UPCI church is not a moment of the yoke being removed from you. However, the statement in bold intrigues me, as Bro. Miller has pointed out. When you say you attend such a church, what qualifies as a member in good standing? Is it biblical salvation? Is it upholding such standards as the pastor instructs (assuming he does)? Do members who do not uphold any standards participate as any other member would? What would constitute sin as it relates to standards?
Look in the new testement and find what constitutes sin. Our pastor will not let these sins go unchecked by the Holy Ghost.

There is more concern for the content of character then the length of your hair.

Modesty is kept in line anywhere in the church.

unless you are new and visiting guest.

The Lord still puts conviction on folks.

I have seen Harley Bikers come to church and then after a few weeks not wear their Harley outfits.

They do not want to feel out of place.

We do not have someone singing a solo and then hitting the parking lot and lighting up a cig....

I truely notice the hearts and spirits of these folks better than I did for 42 years.

You do not measure a person by the length of their hair.

you get to know them and spend time with them...

In the church I went to for 27 years there were saints who would not talk to you if you did not wear the uniform.

In many cases folks would leave long before anyone saw their talents or their relationship with the Lord............
Old 01-05-2008, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoPastor View Post
Has this letter been sent out to all ministers? I haven't received mine???
Was this just sent out to a few ministers????
uhh let's see. Global impact (The Meeting Formerly Known As Landmark) came Wednesday. APF oversized flyer/poster came yesterday. This letter I read at lunch.

You can have all three if you want them. PM me an address.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:55 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Miller View Post
Where are the sour grapes?

Why are so many people on this forum so concerned with what is happening in circles of people who are NOT even saved.

The UPCI doesn't think that TV is compromise, the people leaving do, but this is the USA you have rights here. Those leaving are just using their right to be wrong.
thats funny that you say were wrong(because we left)when we and the churches that we fellowship with has not said if you stay you are wrong. we have only stated that this goes against our convictions.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:05 AM
Walkbyfaith7

It is a nice letter but really this is damage control. Those numbers that Mr. Jones gave Haney just don't add up. It is alot easier to track those who get licensed than those who have left or are LEAVING.

He is lucky he wrote something now because there is going to be alot more preacher and saints walking out the door of this organization.

I have heard some say that they can advertise on TV and have a 'revival' but then tell them to throw away that TV, (thou box of satan).

We need to pray that a C.H. Yadon takes over the UPCI again.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:06 AM
Go Dodgers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrmptPraise View Post
I appreciate your honesty in saying that no longer attending a UPCI church is not a moment of the yoke being removed from you. However, the statement in bold intrigues me, as Bro. Miller has pointed out. When you say you attend such a church, what qualifies as a member in good standing? Is it biblical salvation? Is it upholding such standards as the pastor instructs (assuming he does)? Do members who do not uphold any standards participate as any other member would? What would constitute sin as it relates to standards?
Hey bro....inquiring minds need to know...is that your picture in your avatar?

And if so are you really that bright?

1. There is One God. This one God reveals Himself distinctly as Father, Son and Holy Ghost.
  2. The Son is God himself in a human form or "God manifested in the flesh" (1Tim 3:16)
  3. Every sinner must repent of their sins.
  4. That Jesus name baptism is the only biblical mode of water baptism.
  5. That the Holy Ghost is for today and is received by faith with the initial evidence of speaking in tongues.
  6. The saint will go on to strive to live a holy life, pleasing to God.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:38 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neckstadt View Post
Someone needs to call "the old standards of Pentecost" what they are!

They are weights not Standards.
This is so sad anyone would feel these old standards as weights- I would pray we all get a spirit of giving it ALL to Christ no matter the cost. Not just standards per say but our lives- i.e. our walk and talk. Using his name with great esteem and his children with great respect and love.
Old 01-05-2008, 02:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkbyfaith7 View Post
It is a nice letter but really this is damage control. Those numbers that Mr. Jones gave Haney just don't add up. It is alot easier to track those who get licensed than those who have left or are LEAVING.

He is lucky he wrote something now because there is going to be alot more preacher and saints walking out the door of this organization.

I have heard some say that they can advertise on TV and have a 'revival' but then tell them to throw away that TV, (thou box of satan).

We need to pray that a C.H. Yadon takes over the UPCI again.
We need to pray even more that God himself controls ever move that would affect his kingdom, his people and this world.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:17 AM
Beautiful are the feet......

Bravo Bro. Haney!!

The letter is well written and to the point.

I think the timing of this was perfect too! If he had responded before the end of the year, it could be perceived as being reactionary. With the Tulsa meeting coming up in three weeks, he needed to send out a calming assurance to everyone before the meeting.

I'm very impressed with the UPCI for waiting until now to give an official response. It shows that they are very methodical and level-headed, as compared to the organizers of the Tulsa meeting!
Old 01-05-2008, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

I think Bro. Haney and maybe Jones should show up at the Tulsa meeting.
I wonder if they'd let them in?

I'd like to see the look on the faces of the minsiters that still aren't sure whether to drop their license when they see their Bishop walking into the same meeting as them............if nothing else it would just make for a good show.